• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Toyota Passo Vs. Nissan March

Nuwan007lk

Question

Hey guys, thinking of upgrading my ride :D

Got utterly fed up looking for used cars after the recent price hike, so I had to trim my budget a bit. My budget is around 2.5 Mln, maximun 2.7 Mln, did some research and found the 2007 Toyota Passo and the 2007 new Nissan March AK12 with the silver rim. The reason why I'm sticking to small cars is because my wife is also driving it and she can't handle a big sedan, i know too bad for me but what to do. :P

I know the March is bad on fuel compared to the Passo, but its a bit cheaper. can u guys please enlighten me on what to buy from these two? or any other used small car which is fuel efficient and relatively not so old (2007 or above) that I might have missed. Any 2007 Passo or 2007 March AK 12 users please give me your experience on these two. Thanx a lot guys... :)

I think you will be able to find a Suzuki Swift in that price range

definitely not a new and with the price hike, And i don't think a recently registered swift will be in your budget too.

so with these 2 cars, i would go for passo.

Edited by kalana

Got utterly fed up looking for used cars after the recent price hike, so I had to trim my budget a bit. My budget is around 2.5 Mln, maximun 2.7 Mln, did some research and found the 2007 Toyota Passo and the 2007 new Nissan March AK12 with the silver rim. The reason why I'm sticking to small cars is because my wife is also driving it and she can't handle a big sedan, i know too bad for me but what to do. :P

I know the March is bad on fuel compared to the Passo, but its a bit cheaper. can u guys please enlighten me on what to buy from these two? or any other used small car which is fuel efficient and relatively not so old (2007 or above) that I might have missed. Any 2007 Passo or 2007 March AK 12 users please give me your experience on these two. Thanx a lot guys... :)

Why trim the budget because of the price hike? Surely the price hike doesn't affect the money you have...right? What was the budget that you originally had in mind?

Edited by ShintaroX

we have a passo 2007, very good on fuel

suzuki alto....... is an option, i think that will also meet your criteria

as someone said probably you will be able to find a relatively new swift as well for your price

actually speaking though people are talking about high prices the vehicle market is very sluggish these days, so be patient and do a good search

I think from these three highest fuel waste is in March then Swift.. Compared to Passo 1000cc, Its big enough to the Passo's weight. (I think some yaris and Belta shares the same engine which passo s have). So for the price you'll get fuel economy+performance in this Passo model.

• Like 1

Thank you all for the feedback u guys gave me I really appreciate it :) yeah guys can't agree with u more. The Swift is an awesome ride compared to the other two, but isn't the Passo better when it comes to fuel economy in comparisson with the Swift?

http://autolanka.com/ad.asp?ID=77831

http://autolanka.com/ad.asp?ID=78447

There we have two Swifts which fits into his budget perfectly

woow i agree with you on the first add. Didn't see a KO number swift going for that amount. thanks :)

and the second one is older version. that's what i said. WP KE is not recently registered isn't it ?

Thank you all for the feedback u guys gave me I really appreciate it :) yeah guys can't agree with u more. The Swift is an awesome ride compared to the other two, but isn't the Passo better when it comes to fuel economy in comparisson with the Swift?

well, i recon that my swift does better on fuel than my friend's passo. Having a small engine doesn't mean that it does good on fuel.

don't know much about the fuel consumption of the swift

and that fuel consumption is something depends on the driver

for me the passo is the best as far as the fuel consumption is concerned, but if you want to have some speedy journeys the story might be different

watch this (do not forget to watch the 2 videos as well)

http://www.autolanka...__fromsearch__1

Edited by priyanka

don't know much about the fuel consumption of the swift

and that fuel consumption is something depends on the driver

for me the passo is the best as far as the fuel consumption is concerned, but if you want to have some speedy journeys the story might be different

watch this (do not forget to watch the 2 videos as well)

http://www.autolanka...__fromsearch__1

Machan thanx a lot for your thoughts and views about the Passo, you have clearly impressed me and whole a lot of autolanka members with the videos. The fuel economy is truly unbelievable... can you please let me know if its a 1000 cc or 1300 cc model? Thanx once again. Cheers :)

Machan thanx a lot for your thoughts and views about the Passo, you have clearly impressed me and whole a lot of autolanka members with the videos. The fuel economy is truly unbelievable... can you please let me know if its a 1000 cc or 1300 cc model? Thanx once again. Cheers :)

it s 1000cc............ but i m telling you again, the fuel consumption depends highly on the driver

good luck !!!!!

If the budget is in the 2.5 million range and the concern is fuel economy i would suggest a fiat punto. It will run circles around a passo and still give u far better fuel figures.

Run in ovals arround passo when it comes to after market value... Are you willing to buy a car to your grand son, then go for fiat punto.

If the budget is in the 2.5 million range and the concern is fuel economy i would suggest a fiat punto. It will run circles around a passo and still give u far better fuel figures.

no offence mate but doesn't the Passo have a better resale value compared to the Punto? I mean com on, I don't want to get stuck with a Passo forever... :P

no offence mate but doesn't the Passo have a better resale value compared to the Punto? I mean com on, I don't want to get stuck with a Passo forever... :P

definitely it doesn't have a second market as vitz but surely value more than Fiat Punto.

For me, terms like "market price" and "resale value" are just terms created by car dealers. If the price is right, u can sell any car. If you must know, I didn't lose money when I sold my punto.

But yeah, an average joe ought to stick to mainstream cars, so on second thoughts, I guess a mainstream jap is the choice for u.

The fuel economy mentioned in this meter is not an average.

When i drove a prmio it also metioned 23kmpl but the avarage was mentioned 10.6

But at the pump the bitter truth was 8kmpl

the value captured on my videos are average fuel consumption................

the letters AVG stands for average................ look just below the clock of the display............ you will see it

see carefully............... the AVG value doesnt change even when the engine was switched off, as it should be

hope you are educated enough to understand those facts

thanks................

Edited by priyanka

the value captured on my videos are average fuel consumption................

the letters AVG stands for average................ look just below the clock of the display............ you will see it

see carefully............... the AVG value doesnt change even when the engine was switched off, as it should be

hope you are educated enough to understand those facts

thanks................

The avrage meter couldn't fluctuate that much.

But as you reseted it and drove (cruzed at 50kmph) it mentioned a high amount.

In the vedio below it was mentioned 13kmpl before you reseted it, with you'r light footed driving that isn't enough considering that 2-3 kmpl is reduced when you actualy pump it up.

But no need of arueing about it,

you love the car that you bought and I can't digest the fact that car makers put a small motor in a box and call it a car.

After lots of hunting I managed to find a nice excellent condition 2008 Toyota Passo which does good on fuel. We went to Katharagama and it did an average of 18.1 km/L up and down. City running is of course between 11 - 12 km/L. Bought it for 25.60 which I think is quite reasonable for it's state. A big Thank you goes out for all the people who gave me advice and guidance in buying this... :yahoo:

sam6671z.jpg

Edited by Nuwan007lk