• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Autolanka New Website Sucks

MoneyMaker

AutoLanka New Website Sucks

It does not work proper.. Many bugs on the new website..

Can we go back to the old one please!!!!!!

Hi, Thanks for the feedback. The new site did not work properly b'coz the new hosting server could not handle the heavy traffic.

Will be testing it with few more servers in the future and decide which is best.

Hi, Thanks for the feedback. The new site did not work properly b'coz the new hosting server could not handle the heavy traffic.

Will be testing it with few more servers in the future and decide which is best.

So thats why the new site was slow

load testing was missing it seems. Though new server couldn't handle it, you might be happy for the amount of traffic it generates I presume.

MADZ, the other option is to reduce the dynamic content being rendered on the fly and reduce the use of things like javascript as it does not always universally work with all browsers. Autolanka does have a habit of going down at least a couple of times a day in my experience for possibly short periods so clearly there are issues with infrastructure.

The new version was a massive improvement from the old one which looked like it was from the 90s.Hope it'll be back up again after the server issues are sorted.BTW what happened to the site layout you showed us at the motorshow a coupla years ago Madz?That one looked even better IMO.

The old one is far more user friendly and easy to use. The new version is complicated. Couldnt even see a pic of a car on the main page. You had to open the AD to see the pics. I really like the old version. Does the Job which is sell our cars. Most people dont know how to use the computer much. Making it harder to use only would cut down Hits on the AD. Wish auto lanka would keep the site the way it is. Cheers Guys

Honestly for me the speed was the same for me, even with my slow SLT connection i didnt feel any diffrence from the old version,

just hope the small things like what the memebers pointed out on the other thread can be fixed.

i liked the new layout better...

Good Luck in server testing MadZ