• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Paint/buff My Alloy Wheels

Tharindah

Hi Guys,

I would like to know good place to repaint my alloy wheels. currently I have chrome plated alloy which has some dent areas.

is it possible to repaint those with chrome... or have to remove all the chrome and repaint..

your comments are highly appreciated.

Thanks.

Thank you very much for prompt reply.

Yes it is chrome . do you know any place can handle this kind of job.

first u have to burn the chrome plating & polish it then chrome plate it again,(i guess), sorta difficult process..

Hi Guys,

I would like to know good place to repaint my alloy wheels. currently I have chrome plated alloy which has some dent areas.

is it possible to repaint those with chrome... or have to remove all the chrome and repaint..

Thanks.

Go to Amila tyre at Dehiwala.

Advance did a very decent job chrome plating the alloys on a friends jag. Super job. 2 working days. 4,000 per wheel.

If its paint you're after Amila is good. Buy the paint and lacquer and give him. 500 rupees per wheel to spray

It will be hard to get the paint to stick right? Haven't tried wheels but I painted and clear coated some chrome parts and the paint isn't holding up too well. I would assume it to be worse on wheels.

Don't know of any place that does wheels. Try komisiripala's place. I wouldn't take it to a random chrome plater if I were you.

It will be hard to get the paint to stick right? Haven't tried wheels but I painted and clear coated some chrome parts and the paint isn't holding up too well. I would assume it to be worse on wheels.

True, sprayed clear coat on the chequer plate on the sill tops on the Landy, thing peeling up.. looking horrid

Edited by tiv

If it's plastics with fading chrome plating, Scratch it up and use plastic primer,

I painted some annoyingly shining parts with a matt silver colour and looked great.

For alloys you need to use what is called an 'Edge Primer' to undercoat the wheels before painting

If it's plastics with fading chrome plating, Scratch it up and use plastic primer,

I painted some annoyingly shining parts with a matt silver colour and looked great.

Mate, mention a place to buy this plastic primer.

No these were re-plating on chrome wheels. Don't think you can spray a color over chrome that'll definitely come off.

• Haha 1

Well tharindah, if your after chrome plating. there's this place at delkanda, where they dip the wheels into the chrome bath. but can't remember the name of place. on the other hand, if u want it painted on metallic or solid.

1) Metallic - you have to sand the wheels, later on apply the metallic color you desire and clear coat it. just for your info, i recommend the Debeer paint. they've just launched the High Gloss 2K Scratch resistant lacquer. worth a try ;)

2) Solid - sand the wheels. select the color you desire and use the 2K selection. where the paint and hardener is used at once. durability high on the 2K side.

If you can go to Attidiya, Dehiwala. I can recommend you a pro, who will do a decent job :)

Mate, mention a place to buy this plastic primer.

go to any causeway paints dealer outlet and grab the plastic primer. i've used on some products and still i don't find the paint peeling or cracking. hope it helps..

• Like 1

Hi Guys,

Thanks.

go to any causeway paints dealer outlet and grab the plastic primer. i've used on some products and still i don't find the paint peeling or cracking. hope it helps..

Thanks mate!. Is it available as a spray ?