• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Car Color And Second Value

Mikee

i bought metalic light green (a bluish green) toyota vitz recently. At first i had no doubts as its an eye catching beautiful color. But its a rare color. Will that color be a problem when i resell on someday? Whats your openion on this color for vitz? Thanks...

Edited by Mikee

Certain colours are highly sought after. like black dark red and champagne gold. But in reality its very hard to convince the buyer to pay a premium just because its the right colour when you are a private seller selling just one car at a time. Like Miniace said don't worry about it cos you just bought the car. plus its a vitz and not a bmw. Cars at this end of the market are chosen with funky colours. So when you advertise it someone will come running to you because they are specifically looking for a vitz in that colour.

life is too short to live as others want mate. . . .

Enjoy the new buy.

Maintain her properly,

and forget about the resale value,it's a vitz, and it's no problem.

For colour thing, i'll give you a simple clue ,

sri lanka is a tropical country with strong sunlight.

Black absorb heat radiation faster while white does it slower and lower.

So a white car exerts low effort on air conditionor .as cabin heat absorption is less. I practically experienced this when my father changed his old mazda BF3 from white to black.

But here, black models are usually expensive in second hand market.

Does it make a sense,

• Like 2

FFS. Can people be less worried about the color of the car they bought, the resale value. fuel consumption mileage and more worried about ability to drive a car. Is see so many people on the road with nice, new cars that should not possess a drivers license to begin with. I'm sure crashing a car would put a bigger dent in the resale value than the color of it.

• Like 3

Hi Mate,

Don't worry about the colour. Peoples taste are different and you can see very funky colour cars in red (pink, light green, yellow, red, blue, brown etc etc). There is good market for these cars as ladies mostly like these colours. When you are reselling this car you can sell it easily than more common colours

good luck with new purchase

Yeh, Chan, you're spot on about white paint and its impact on car interior temperatures in hot climates. When I was working with the NRMA (like the AA) in Australia we experimented with painting the roof panels of our dark-blue road service vans white. Then measured temps of interiors in summer and it was significantly cooler in the white roofed vans.

Overall, probably the most practical (maybe not the nicest, though) colour for cars is non-metallic white. Why? as we saw, cooler but also wears well, doesn't show scratches as much as darker colours and is easy to rematch when painting after a bingle. Maybe not the most popular colour for resale these days, though.

This person must have bought the vitz solely for resale ,

Why else would a person buy a car like that.

So this adds up for his fright.

Don't worry mate you'll have a good resale than a mazda demio for sure

No, its a misunderstanding. Im not a businessman. i bought this car for my personal use. When i bought this one, that showroom had only this coloured one. But without looking for another one i bought it because i felt its a nice color. (car is otherwise excellent). Initialy i was planing to buy a white car. Later i found that this color is somewhat rare. Thats why i had doubts on reselling on someday. :)

Well.. think about it this way Mikee. Vitz is an extremely common model in Sri Lanka. It may have a high resale value and a demand but definitely It's not a head turner. So, rather than riding an ordinary white colored vitz now you have the chance to stand out from the bunch because of your unique color. Doesn't it make you feel good? So, as many of the others have said, just enjoy your ride mate :)

• Like 1

Well.. think about it this way Mikee. Vitz is an extremely common model in Sri Lanka. It may have a high resale value and a demand but definitely It's not a head turner. So, rather than riding an ordinary white colored vitz now you have the chance to stand out from the bunch because of your unique color. Doesn't it make you feel good? So, as many of the others have said, just enjoy your ride mate :)

Thanks mate.....I have no doubts now :)

Don't worry about it, srsly. Do you think the owners of pink Vitzs thought anything about resale value before they bought their cars?

The vitz Gloria! For the Asian barbie! Lol there's one in hospital and my wife loves it! I just run away...quietly!