• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Blue 121 Head Lights

NZer

Magnum thats exactly what i am talking about. Thanks for the photo. Now i need to find out where to get it from he he

Darley road; almost any place that has headlights,bulbs etc has these but dont expect the same quality of the one in the pic though. Or you can always use the blue color tint they use on windows, might not last very long though given the fact that cause of the water,heat and dust in SL the bonding agent might come off.

Magnum thats exactly what i am talking about. Thanks for the photo. Now i need to find out where to get it from he he

Im not sure whether it'll look good on a Corolla as it has quite big headlights, it'll be like all blue and weird.

Umm .. dumb question .. apart from being a cosmetic mod (IMO blah!), does this hv any other uses? Side effects?

Im not sure, probably it might emit a blue light, if it does it might be annoying to other drivers

Umm .. dumb question .. apart from being a cosmetic mod (IMO blah!), does this hv any other uses? Side effects?

It might, It will be something like using a 8000k HID cause the color will have a bluish tint and will have all the issues that come along with that color like low visibility in the rain, hard on the eyes etc. I once drove a car fitted with 8000k from A'pura to Colombo and im pretty sure that it was the lights that gave me a damn headache.

Actually no, the blue tint will actually make the yellow light from your stock bulbs whiter. This principle is used in the Honda Insight and Nissan X-Trail, and I'm sure other vehicles as well but these are what I have noticed. Take a close look at their headlight cluster the next time you see either one.

Edit: Excessive usage of the word 'actually'.

Edited by terrabytetango

WOW nice feed back. Thanks guys for the info. I actually saw this first on a 121 and it looked pretty cool and so i wondered where he might have got it. I doubt the one i saw was a tint paper. I also saw the same thing on a Toyota Vigo cab, Looks quite funky. Not sure what it does to the light though. Will have to get it and see he he :)

Actually no, the blue tint will actually make the yellow light from your stock bulbs whiter. This principle is used in the Honda Insight and Nissan X-Trail, and I'm sure other vehicles as well but these are what I have noticed. Take a close look at their headlight cluster the next time you see either one.

Edit: Excessive usage of the word 'actually'.

If you are referring to the 2000 model x-trail the blue/green covered light is for the park light.

yeh i have seen the blue projection part of the insight light.

BTW actually is sticking aftermarket stickers on the light legal.

It actually is quite famous overseas. Not sure about it being legal or not. I found out it actually comes as a lens sticker which can be glued to the head light. I also saw this on a 141 today and looked awesome. I tried to find it here but no luck.