• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Tesla Motors - Cars That Will Change The World

Californikan

Unlike you Cali my friend, I dont spend my day waiting for someone to reply to my post just so I can jump in and post another advertorial while attempting (and failing) to be sarcastic. So do excuse me for the delay in replying.

If you actually READ the article you linked to (again I'm probably expecting too much here), Edmunds were sent a car (by trailer no less) for a short track test to test one specific aspect of the model S; it's performance. At no point in this article do they say they managed to drive it on the road even. But a proper road test involves lots of driving over a couple of days in different areas/condition and includes things like range testing/passenger opinions and so forth .. No one has been able to do this type of test on the Model S yet, because Tesla won't give them a car for a long enough time. Which is exactly what I said in my post that you've quoted here...

Now stop being a p*ssy and take up the challenge. Let us know your user name in the other sites you post on. If you cant do that then STFU and GTFO.

Supra I know you like to think of yourself as a expert, but you make far too many mistakes to be an expert.

Read the article again: http://www.insideline.com/tesla/model-s/2012/2012-tesla-model-s-track-test.html . This time carefully.

The article clearly states that Inside Line will do a full test including a battery range test. Quote:

" we will publish an extensive full test soon where we will examine the sedan's range and consumption."

http://www.insideline.com/tesla/model-s/2012/2012-tesla-model-s-track-test.html

Supra, when you write pompous things like this....

And if you knew anything AT ALL about cars (oh hang on....)

and this....

If you actually READ the article you linked to (again I'm probably expecting too much here),

it does nothing to increase your stature. Then when you write post after post full of mistakes and blunders because YOU didn't properly read something, it just makes you look worse.

Now stop being a p*ssy and take up the challenge. Let us know your user name in the other sites you post on. If you cant do that then STFU and GTFO.

Aping jdnet doesn't suit you Supra. Unlike him, you are a decent chap.

And no, of course I'm not going to give out my handles.

But you are welcome to visit any of the international auto forums and see how it's done.

Oh look, Tesla are now allowing TWENTY minute test drives! Wowee!

http://www.thetrutha...-tesla-model-s/

Edit: even with all of twenty minutes, the reviewer has managed to fit in quite a bit of useful info on the Model S, and it's all quite positive. He does note, yet again that they have no idea of the car's actual range, since they weren't allowed to test it.

P.S. Cali stop bieng a p*ssy and take up the challenge. Let us know your user name in the other sites you post on. If you cant do that then STFU and GTFO.

In the above post, it's clear you haven't done your homework and haven't taken time time to read and gain an understanding of the larger picture of why the test drives currently are 20 minutes.

Tesla limits the test drives to 10-20 minutes, not because they're trying to hide something or pull a fast one. (In America there's no way they would be able to get away with that).

Tesla limits the test drive time because over 12,000 Americans have put down deposits and placed reservations for the Model S, and most of these people have never driven the Model S because they reserved their car online. So for the past 2 months Tesla has had a fleet of 17 Model S crossing America holding test drive events in order to give reservation holders and the press a chance to drive the car. The author of your article attended one of these events for a test drive, which is why he drove the car for 20 minutes.

Do the math: 12,000+ reservation holders and 17 cars available for test drives = 10-20 minute test drive per person.

Tesla Model S test drive event

269643_10151108488767801_256104322_n.jpg

Because supra's my bestest friend in the whole wide world and we play hopscotch and horaa-police together! Hee hee hee

I'm not here to verify anything anyone said. As it was pointed out, all reviews are biased.

I'm just here to tune into the latest season of californication!

So like a corrupt Sri Lankan politician, you choose to protect your cronies who are in the wrong, at the expense of the correct information and correct facts. How typical.

Supra I know you like to think of yourself as a expert, but you make far too many mistakes to be an expert.

Read the article again: http://www.insidelin...track-test.html . This time carefully.

The article clearly states that Inside Line will do a full test including a battery range test. Quote:

" we will publish an extensive full test soon where we will examine the sedan's range and consumption."

http://www.insidelin...track-test.html

I dunno about the rest of you, but when someone says "We will do a full test" it also tells me they haven't done a full test yet. Which makes Supra right, and Cali wrong. So despite accusing other people of pompous mistakes and blunders....

But then, its nothing new. Insisted people should buy hybrids coz maintenance facilities "will come". Now says test has been done coz it says test "will be done". Anyone notice a pattern here?

leaving all arguments mentioned here so far aside, I'd really like to see how you're level of intellect being treated on other 'international' forums.. please do share. Are you ashamed to?

Watchman; Please do share your usernames too. I would like to see how you perform in other international forums

Aping jdnet doesn't suit you Supra. Unlike him, you are a decent chap.

And no, of course I'm not going to give out my handles.

But you are welcome to visit any of the international auto forums and see how it's done.

See cali, you are a p*ssy. What's going to happen if you give out your username? If you have nothing to hide, then it won't be a problem. Try to go a pair ok?

Oh and I'll make you a deal. If you are scared of us going into those other "international forums" and ruining your rep, you can just pm peri your name and site and he can have a look and let us know how well you are treated. Peri is usually nicer than the rest of us and he won't destroy you like we would.

Now are you going to keep acting like a p*ssy?

Cali, I don't think that Tesla will change the world. Electric car technology is still developing and it will replace the fossil fuels as one of the alternatives. Be patience, you have caught the tail of the problem. There is about 40 years more for the mankind to consume existing crude oil reserves. your posts make others feel that Tesla is the only solution.

Other auto makers such as BMW, GM, Nissan have also ventured in to this field and what will you say if they come up with a superior model?

Most of the members here; I feel has a sense towards the future technologies and will switch to it as the time comes.

This is a public forum and you need to honour others feelings also. Flooding a thread with same type of stuff repeatedly will not help it

Edited by MIL
  • Like 1

leaving all arguments mentioned here so far aside, I'd really like to see how you're level of intellect being treated on other 'international' forums.. please do share. Are you ashamed to?

Watchman; Please do share your usernames too. I would like to see how you perform in other international forums

looks like the sisterhood of the ponsies are spawning new accounts. Anyway, I have nothing to hide. Look up http://main.slackriders.com/Forums.html

and I go under dilly.

Your turn Cali.

Your turn cali.

On a serious note check out the "real world test" and usage of electric vs conventional.

And if you are too lazy to watch the entire thing skip to 15.30 and 17.55

Read the article again: http://www.insidelin...track-test.html . This time carefully.

http://www.insidelin...track-test.html

Pardon me? Unlike certain Google Warriors here, I do not consider myself an "expert" of any sort, im just a guy who likes cars. And yes, the Article states that a full test will be conducted "Soon", aka WHEN THEY GET A VEHICLE FOR LONGER THAN 10-20 MINUTES, WHICH HAS NOT HAPPENED YET. Ergo, no one knows what the cars actual range in actual conditions will be.

Therefore, calling Tesla "cars that will change the world" rather than expensive toys for tree huggers/techies is taking poetic license a little too far.

Which was, once again, exactly what I was saying in the first place.

You really need to pay attention a bit more Cali old boy, ESPECIALLY if you're trying to argue with facts.

• Like 5

Pardon me? Unlike certain Google Warriors here, I do not consider myself an "expert" of any sort, im just a guy who likes cars. And yes, the Article states that a full test will be conducted "Soon", aka WHEN THEY GET A VEHICLE FOR LONGER THAN 10-20 MINUTES, WHICH HAS NOT HAPPENED YET. Ergo, no one knows what the cars actual range in actual conditions will be.

Notice that Cali "knows" that you think you're an expert? Just like IJ "knows" I was going to do something or the other?

Its amazing the things these ignorant baboons "know" and like to tell people in public, no?

I dunno why this moron thinks this is the appropriate thing to be pushing on an SL forum anyway. Obviously not aware we have a power crisis. The grid isn't putting out enough power to support our homes right now and we have daily power cuts, but old Nikang thinks we need plug in electrics!

Lets assume things become all hunky dory again with the power. Our clean cars would be powered like this

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Norocholai_Power_Station#Environmental_impact

I hear Norocholai has broken down again. One day after it was "fixed".