• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Vehicle Badge Riveting

mahasenh

Hi all,

Could anyone of you please advise on any party who does vehicle badge riveting with good quality at a reasonable rate?

I checked with "Sunlanka" (who used to do this those days), but they said they're not doing it now, the reason being they said there stands a risk of the badges being damaged.

I'm seeking your advise, and would be pleased to hear your suggestions.

Thank you.

Thank you, do you know any other place other than those in Darley Road and Panchikawatte?

Seriously you have to ask for more places? why? are you scared the rivet will be of a lesser quality?

Why not find a friend with a drill and rivet gun and do it yourself then?

Here's the process:

Drill a damn hole through the badge and metal/plastic than it sits on. Use the rivet gun to put a rivet in. Done.

FFS

• Like 2

Thank you, do you know any other place other than those in Darley Road and Panchikawatte?

'mahasenh',

If you use a very small self taping stainless steel screw it is better than riveting the Badge. I do that for my Badges.

"Sunlanka" (who used to do this those days), Yes they are correct riveting gives extra pressure on the Badge stands a risk of the badges being damaged.

Sylvi Wijesinghe.

I just remove the badges... :)

Deprive the Mofos of the chance to remove the badges... :)

Why make holes in your car to save a bit of cheap plastic?

'VVTi',

You are totally correct on the above post. Drilling the body is not necessary.

Can use good Epoxy 5 minutes rapid adhesive like ARALDITE or FEVICOL.

This also will not allow anyone to remove easily.

Sylvi Wijesinghe.

'VVTi',

You are totally correct on the above post. Drilling the body is not necessary.

Can use good Epoxy 5 minutes rapid adhesive like ARALDITE or FEVICOL.

This also will not allow anyone to remove easily.

Sylvi Wijesinghe.

The desperate kudda boys are very smart and they use a sharp tool like a broken hacksaw blade to remove the badges because they don't care about the paint. Some idiot while trying to remove my "LANCER" badge had ended up breaking it after the "L" and left me a badge saying "ANCER" + a badly scratched trunk lid for a few months.

So if you want to have the badges up, I guess the only option would be to rivet them.

• Like 2

Thank you for your valuable feedback..

@jdnet - if I knew how to do it on my own, I won't be wasting my time and the forum space to put it here.

Actually you ARE wasting time and forum space by posting question that every person in this country who owns a car can answer.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Since my last car started corroding due to holes drilled everywhere in the trunk lid to protect the badges I thought of not doing that mistake again to the new car. Please think twice. The guy who drilled my trunk lid scratched the paint by slipping the drill while attempting to drill a hole on a very small letter. Also I didn’t bother to install door protector lines too. Because last time I installed them they have applied a lil glue to avoid them coming off every time I open the doors but due to excessive heat they came off during few months and the paint was really damaged. And the nice shiny nickel silencer tip they installed started decaying (the inside non nickel parts) and I threw it away too. I only installed wruth number plate holders (in order to avoid drilling holes in them with some stainless steel nuts), seat covers, and floor covers to survive during rainy season and a set of bucket carpets.

Also be careful of the security systems , audio systems and sat nav etc etc out local chaps offer. And please dont buy thoes stuppid light covers they use 3m double side tape to attach them to your lights. They can never protect your lights in any kind of a collision. When you buy a new car and when you go to the so called car detailing joints in sl these people bring everyting in the store to show you and they are very kind even to keep it on ya vehicle and convience you to say yes to fix them quickly. I really hate them.

Since my last car started corroding due to holes drilled everywhere in the trunk lid to protect the badges I thought of not doing that mistake again to the new car. Please think twice. The guy who drilled my trunk lid scratched the paint by slipping the drill while attempting to drill a hole on a very small letter. Also I didn’t bother to install door protector lines too. Because last time I installed them they have applied a lil glue to avoid them coming off every time I open the doors but due to excessive heat they came off during few months and the paint was really damaged. And the nice shiny nickel silencer tip they installed started decaying (the inside non nickel parts) and I threw it away too. I only installed wruth number plate holders (in order to avoid drilling holes in them with some stainless steel nuts), seat covers, and floor covers to survive during rainy season and a set of bucket carpets.

Sounds like you bought your first car and headed straight to darley road.

You can find many ppl doing badge reverting. I also didn't like to do it from Darley road coz.. u never know quality of the job. So I found a place near Moors club in Baybrook place (near the roundabout to Gangarama temple from baybrooke place). I picked to spot coz I usually travel that road and bugger there is reverting badges frequently, so safe hand. In addition I wanted to check if the plastics badges will damagewhen reverted. So he said there is possibility of damaging the badges if not drilled from the right points. Because of the experience he knew where exactly to be drilled. And on all places, it cost Rs. 20/- per rivert AFAIK. Hope this helps

You can find many ppl doing badge reverting. I also didn't like to do it from Darley road coz.. u never know quality of the job. So I found a place near Moors club in Baybrook place (near the roundabout to Gangarama temple from baybrooke place). I picked to spot coz I usually travel that road and bugger there is reverting badges frequently, so safe hand. In addition I wanted to check if the plastics badges will damagewhen reverted. So he said there is possibility of damaging the badges if not drilled from the right points. Because of the experience he knew where exactly to be drilled. And on all places, it cost Rs. 20/- per rivert AFAIK. Hope this helps

'DIlan Anururddha',

You are referring to the shops on Bary Brook place OPPSITE INDRA TRADES work shop.

I have seen them doing this type of work on the process of riveting if a plastic badge cracks will they give a new one.

Sylvi Wijesinghe.

Hi all,

Could anyone of you please advise on any party who does vehicle badge riveting with good quality at a reasonable rate?

I checked with "Sunlanka" (who used to do this those days), but they said they're not doing it now, the reason being they said there stands a risk of the badges being damaged.

I'm seeking your advise, and would be pleased to hear your suggestions.

Thank you.

Well i even by riveting badges you are not 100% safe. When i went to panchikawatta to find a badge for my previous toyota wagon, most of badges shown to me had reversting holes. Seems kuddos now can remove reverted badges also :).

• 2 years later...

Reviving this thread- and my first post after a VERY long absence.

Do people still rivet badges? I'm going to to say it's only necessary if you park in dodgy places like the open car park near MC or something like that...but in general, I get the feeling that this is less of a problem now since the new badges are more easily purchased from agents.

Same question about wiring up mirrors- there was a time when folks used to wire up the mirrors to prevent theft- do people still do that with newer vehicles?

Cheers

I personally don't like riveting badges because drilling the sheet metal will cause rust to form under the badge over time. But if you don't want to risk it, the best option is still to get them riveted.

Or like someone suggested on the forum, paste rivet heads on the badges to fool the kudda fellows so that they're not tempted to remove them, thinking that the badges are actually riveted. :D

As far as I know knew cars come with clipped badges rather than glue. If you want to remove the badge you need to access it from inside (if you want to remove the front badge, you need to access it from the engine bay and rear you need to take off the cover in the rear door). This is a bit secure than glue as kuddas will find it hard to put their pointy things through the badge as it is clipped.

Edited by killercruise

As far as I know knew cars come with clipped badges rather than glue. If you want to remove the badge you need to access it from inside (if you want to remove the front badge, you need to access it from the engine bay and rear you need to take off the cover in the rear door). This is a bit secure than glue as kuddas will find it hard to put their pointy things through the badge as it is clipped.

Not exactly. Most regular (Japs, Indian, Korean etc.) vehicles have the badges pasted on to the body using double sided tape.