• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Water Dropping From Silencer

LancerL

Question

Hi friends, in a recent day I started my car and kept it idle for sometime, meantime I observed that some considerable amount of water has dropped from silencer edge on to floor and continuously getting some drops in.

I’ve found that different people tells different stories about this.

Pls. share your valuable advice on this..

Tnks in advance.

25 answers to this question

Hi friends, in a recent day I started my car and kept it idle for sometime, meantime I observed that some considerable amount of water has dropped from silencer edge on to floor and continuously getting some drops in.

Tnks in advance.

Nothing to worry.your carburator or EFI system is working fine. thats a one indicate of that.

LancerL,

Petrol is a mixture of mainly Octane (C8H18) and few other elements. Complete combustion of Octane produces Carbon Dioxide and water. The chemical reaction formula is

2C8H18 + 25O2 --> 16CO2 + 18H2O

If the combustion is incomplete the reaction produces Carbon Monoxide (CO) and other alkaline.

If you get water from your cars' exhaust it means a complete combustion and system works fine.

• Like 4

Hi tnks for the reply, its a Carb module.

Yes it has tuned about one month back.

It happens when the car is in idle nearly 3-4 mins. yesterday I observed the same and it was just few drops now.

Hi tnks for the reply, its a Carb module.

Yes it has tuned about one month back.

It happens when the car is in idle nearly 3-4 mins. yesterday I observed the same and it was just few drops now.

Where did you do the tune up ???

Edited by Ayad Zubair

Question:

Tnks in advance.

Answer:

LancerL,

Petrol is a mixture of mainly Octane (C8H18) and few other elements. Complete combustion of Octane produces Carbon Dioxide and water. The chemical reaction formula is

2C8H18 + 25O2 --> 16CO2 + 18H2O

If the combustion is incomplete the reaction produces Carbon Monoxide (CO) and other alkaline.

If you get water from your cars' exhaust it means a complete combustion and system works fine.

Comeonnn guys... thstz my Interest only, I dnt have much knowlege about thease stuff.. :speechless-smiley-004: :speechless-smiley-004:

Pls. share your ideas..

What else do you want???? Do you want to know how to make orange juice with that water?

it indicates that your car's engine/ tuning is perfect as i know. I still remember how the people came to buy my previous N16 got impressed by water drops coming from her silencer and how i marketed it a lot in selling it. :D

Members,

This topic starter's (LancerL,) question was answered before on this forum several times. Most of the Automobile users know if the engine is tuning is perfect then there will be water drops coming out from silencer. This is a common thing.

Sylvi Wijesinghe.

I would like to raise a question, as this thread is related to Engine tune up.

I have a Eg8, EFI and did a tune up last year. i made a very long journey last month in my car.

after few days i noticed all of a sudden the engine starts to knock like for a second, i feel there is no power, if i contiue for another 4 to 5 kilometers the engine starts to loose it power and comes to a halt, Then i have to wait 2 to 3 minutes to start the engine.

But when the car is in idle mode water drops from the silencer.

any ideas?

Thanks.

How long was the "very long" trip? Did you drive it hard on the red line? If so it's possible that you blew/cracked a gasket.

Have you checked your coolant (I'm presuming you use water) level? Has it gone down? Either way, open the radiator cap and let the engine run a bit till it heats up. If you see little bubbles of air coming out, its possible that it's a busted gasket.

How long was the "very long" trip? Did you drive it hard on the red line? If so it's possible that you blew/cracked a gasket.

Have you checked your coolant (I'm presuming you use water) level? Has it gone down? Either way, open the radiator cap and let the engine run a bit till it heats up. If you see little bubbles of air coming out, its possible that it's a busted gasket.

Thank you very much for the reply, i drove from colombo to Jaffna and then jaffna to Trinco and colombo, (three days) i drove bit fast upto vavunia, i did not feel any difference temperature or the power.

I checked the radiator the and its full ancluding the overflow (Upto the max level)

i did not rave it to the red line but was around 4500 to 6500rpm. (only when i shift from 1st 2nd and to 3rd gear), 4th and 5th maintained 3000rpm.

But i will check for the bubbles today.

Edited by VtecE

I would like to raise a question, as this thread is related to Engine tune up.

I have a Eg8, EFI and did a tune up last year. i made a very long journey last month in my car.

after few days i noticed all of a sudden the engine starts to knock like for a second, i feel there is no power, if i contiue for another 4 to 5 kilometers the engine starts to loose it power and comes to a halt, Then i have to wait 2 to 3 minutes to start the engine.

But when the car is in idle mode water drops from the silencer.

any ideas?

Thanks.

I have a same kind of a experiance. i have drive it more than 100 km at a stretch (pasing kadugannawa too) . any way when climbing ramboda i felt some lose of power and kind of a miss like engine going to stop. so i stop it and open the bonet and kept it to get cool. after thet again after few miles same thing happend . but its not boiling . so i ketp it another 30 -40 min to cool and start the ride . but this time i didn't accelarate . just kept car to move and slightly gave tha gas just to keep moving. its going to stop when i try to accelarate only . gears are 1st and 2nd only. any way i mange to keep moving without any issue . next day i checked opening the radiator cap. no bubels . and when i ask from a friend he said in upcountrys water boiling point is less than 100C becouse of the air presher and nothing to warry that may be becoz of the it got hot . but genarally i have herd engings are working beter when it geting warm. also why it going to stop only when i accelarate. i didn't had a that issue other days . ??????

Edited by mensoft

So do you still get the engine knock, loss of power, stalling followed by water dripping after a few minutes?

The engine starts to knock when i'm on the move basically when i shift from 2nd to 3rd gear (not high rave) and this does not happen often, only after first 10 to 15Km's and then the engine stops, i have to wait 2 to 3 minutes and then the engine starts and everything is normal.

After observing whether water bubbles coming from the radiator yesterday, i kept the engine running while A/C was on within 5minutes time the engine stop.

im not a expert but my questions were

1.Air flow is getting distruped?

2.Is there a block in fuel line?

3.The current which flows to the engine flucktuate?

all of these question got answered when i went to my mechanic and did a diagnotic run with a scanner, he said everything is working fine.

I'm clueless now.

These type of issues can not be diagnosed with a scanner. I think you should change your mechanic to someone who is more familiar with the practical aspects of trouble shooting Honda's.

Edited by forever_benz