• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Allion/premio Owners - Pls Read This

DVT

My brother is going to buy an allion or premio 2008 car. He is not into cars and calling me to ask if he should buy 1500 cc or 1800 cc. I had no answer to give. He thinks as the car is campratively big .... 1800 cc would be better.

Please share your thoughts ............ Need to give him some thoughts

The size of the car remains the same, only the engine capacity increases. There's also a 2 liter version with all wheel drive and rear disc brakes.

Sorry if I confused.......

What I meant is compared to 240 model coming with 1500cc , 260 model is bigger so that pulling power needs to be little higher

Sorry there is something wrong with my internet. Anyway personally I think your brother is better off with a Civic. Too many Allion/Premios on the road. Will be harder to resell if you actually think about it.

Edited by rayman

Having driven both 1.5 and 1.8 ltr variants...yes you do feel a little bit more power with the 1.8, especially if the car is fully loaded and going up an incline or you have a heavy foot off the mark (now I am not saying the 1.8 ltr is a speed demon..far from it..it still is a sluggy econobox). However, I seriously doubt under normal driving conditions most people out there would "feel" the difference under normal driving conditions. So performance wise I would prefer the 1.8 (my father-in-law ended up buying the larger engine as Nagasaki is full of mountains).(Keep in mind if you are looking for something that has good performance/feel there are a few other options out there as suggested...some with a smaller engine as well...and maybe even a nice crispy manual tranny)

But in Sri Lanka you also have to consider that 99.9% of vehicle owners/buyers out there are under the strong belief that a smaller engine always means higher fuel efficiency (this is not always true and is a separate discussion all together), thus, you will also have to consider that someday when you are trying to resell it a 1.8 ltr might be slightly more difficult to sell off than a 1.5. But I also don't want to put in the mentality of strictly thinking about selling off your car even before you buy it.

On a seperate note....since import duties/taxes are related to engine capacity, do people actually import the 2.0 variants to SL ? WWWHHHHYYYY ? It would be hard to imagine since the 2.0s are hardly found even over here and also because 1.5/1.8 ltr versions' values are highly questionable as it is...

Having driven both 1.5 and 1.8 ltr variants...yes you do feel a little bit more power with the 1.8, especially if the car is fully loaded and going up an incline or you have a heavy foot off the mark (now I am not saying the 1.8 ltr is a speed demon..far from it..it still is a sluggy econobox). However, I seriously doubt under normal driving conditions most people out there would "feel" the difference under normal driving conditions. So performance wise I would prefer the 1.8 (my father-in-law ended up buying the larger engine as Nagasaki is full of mountains).(Keep in mind if you are looking for something that has good performance/feel there are a few other options out there as suggested...some with a smaller engine as well...and maybe even a nice crispy manual tranny)

But in Sri Lanka you also have to consider that 99.9% of vehicle owners/buyers out there are under the strong belief that a smaller engine always means higher fuel efficiency (this is not always true and is a separate discussion all together), thus, you will also have to consider that someday when you are trying to resell it a 1.8 ltr might be slightly more difficult to sell off than a 1.5. But I also don't want to put in the mentality of strictly thinking about selling off your car even before you buy it.

On a seperate note....since import duties/taxes are related to engine capacity, do people actually import the 2.0 variants to SL ? WWWHHHHYYYY ? It would be hard to imagine since the 2.0s are hardly found even over here and also because 1.5/1.8 ltr versions' values are highly questionable as it is...

Thanks mate. This is really appreciated.

i have seen the odd 240 series A20, have yet to see a 260.