• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Suzuki Aerio 1500 Cc Hatch Back

vikumw

I bought my first car recently a Suzuki Aerio 1500cc Hatchback.

The person i bought the car mentioned it does good 10 KM/L city limits. But from the day i bought it it only does 6 to 7 per Liter.

It worries me as its alot of Fuel waste. how can i make this right?

Also when i on the A/C the car seems to be slowing on speed and pull over and its hard on hands. Is this normal?

Pls advice

I bought my first car recently a Suzuki Aerio 1500cc Hatchback.

The person i bought the car mentioned it does good 10 KM/L city limits. But from the day i bought it it only does 6 to 7 per Liter.

It worries me as its alot of Fuel waste. how can i make this right?

Also when i on the A/C the car seems to be slowing on speed and pull over and its hard on hands. Is this normal?

Pls advice

The first thing to learn is never trust the Kmpl figures told by the previous owner.

BTW is this an Auto or a manual one ?

Your driving style has a direct effect on the Kmpl figures.

The AC thing is normal I guess, unless it's a huge slowdown.

• Like 1

The first thing to learn is never trust the Kmpl figures told by the previous owner.

BTW is this an Auto or a manual one ?

Your driving style has a direct effect on the Kmpl figures.

The AC thing is normal I guess, unless it's a huge slowdown.

Hi

Its a Auto.

Also it came with a Beater Silencer but is it possible to do 6-7 per Liter?

I ran a scan but it was nothing yet the ABS and Hand Brake signs are eternally on. garage says cant figure out why.

Recently did a full tune up and cleaned the plugs too.

Hi

Its a Auto.

Also it came with a Beater Silencer but is it possible to do 6-7 per Liter?

I ran a scan but it was nothing yet the ABS and Hand Brake signs are eternally on. garage says cant figure out why.

Recently did a full tune up and cleaned the plugs too.

1.5 Liter, Automatic with a fart cannon? yeah 6-7 in the city sounds about right I'm afraid. The light that comes on when the hand brake is pulled also doubles up as the brake warning indicator when there is something wrong with the brake system. If both that and the ABS lights are on, they aren't there for decoration. Were these lights on when you bought the car as well?

Not a lot more you can do on the fuel issue honestly, maybe get your injectors cleaned just in case. But maximum you'll get out of that car in the city with AC is about 7-8Km/l so you might as well get used to that.

As for the brakes, take the car to the agents, get a full diagnostic done and ask for the report. Then you'll know what needs to be fixed.

And u believed it?????

With intelligent people like you around, this country can go nowhere but up!

It was a friend of mine the car owner and i acutally drove this car to Kandy - Anuradhapura - colombo and i manged to come up to Panagoda with the 6000 rupee fuel i pumped. i had to pump back in panagoda.

So it was Avg 12 and that made me buy the car thinikng it would do 9-10 city as i spoke to few other who have this car.

1.5 Liter, Automatic with a fart cannon? yeah 6-7 in the city sounds about right I'm afraid. The light that comes on when the hand brake is pulled also doubles up as the brake warning indicator when there is something wrong with the brake system. If both that and the ABS lights are on, they aren't there for decoration. Were these lights on when you bought the car as well?

Not a lot more you can do on the fuel issue honestly, maybe get your injectors cleaned just in case. But maximum you'll get out of that car in the city with AC is about 7-8Km/l so you might as well get used to that.

As for the brakes, take the car to the agents, get a full diagnostic done and ask for the report. Then you'll know what needs to be fixed.

I am going to take off that beater and replace it with a normal one as i am not a fan of a Beater.

I acutally spoke to few guys who have this car and they said 9 - 10 in city that made me go for this car. I heard the 1300cc is bad in fuel but the 1500 cc is far better.

Yes the lights were there when i bought it i ran a scan but the scan is perfect and does not show any thing.

Do you think if i clean the injectors again and do a bit of tuning it would jump to 9 per Liter atleast? Thinking if i take of the beater?

Does Soltron clean the injectors?

I am going to take off that beater and replace it with a normal one as i am not a fan of a Beater.

I acutally spoke to few guys who have this car and they said 9 - 10 in city that made me go for this car. I heard the 1300cc is bad in fuel but the 1500 cc is far better.

Yes the lights were there when i bought it i ran a scan but the scan is perfect and does not show any thing.

Do you think if i clean the injectors again and do a bit of tuning it would jump to 9 per Liter atleast? Thinking if i take of the beater?

Like I said, if it is "Perfect" then the lights would not be on.. They are there for a reason.

Don't always believe what your garage tells you. Its likely they cant figure it out so they tell you it's perfect since they know that you will take their word for it. So, like I said, go to the agents, get a diagnostic done, see whats wrong and then get it sorted at a good garage.

First up, this is how you measure fuel economy:

1. Fill the tank

2. Set the trip meter to zero

3. Run about 200km (or a fair distance to burn a few litres of petrol)

4. Top up the fuel tank and check how many litres were pumped

5. Divide the current trip meter reading by the number of litres that were pumped.

I have a feeling you are measuring it wrong. Pls try it this way and see how it is.

If you have cleaned the injectors et al once (assuming it was done properly), a second cleaning would hardly improve anything. Also removing the fart cannon will not improve fuel economy by 3km/ltr.

Also, more often that not, a bust ABS sensor is a culprit for ABS and brake lights coming on. Some makabasses disconnect/break the sensor wires 'accidentally' when they do repairs. Get the sensor checked.

Edited by Crosswind

My former boss has an Aerio, with the 1.6 litre engine, and it never does better than 9 in the city. Are your sure yours is 1.5 and not 1.6?

Edit: It was the relatively poor fuel economy coupled with scarcity/cost of parts that dissuaded me from buying one myself. Otherwise, it's a brilliant car and so so comfy even in the rear, plus excellent driving position for the city.

Edited by terrabytetango

the aero is not the most economical car around, it usually does 8-9kmpl in city, and the fact that your one has a fart cannon (especially if its a local made one) its not surprising that it do those figures.

best thing to do is replace the fart cannon with a normal exhaust and adjust your driving style a bit

First up, this is how you measure fuel economy:

1. Fill the tank

2. Set the trip meter to zero

3. Run about 200km (or a fair distance to burn a few litres of petrol)

4. Top up the fuel tank and check how many litres were pumped

5. Divide the current trip meter reading by the number of litres that were pumped.

I have a feeling you are measuring it wrong. Pls try it this way and see how it is.

If you have cleaned the injectors et al once (assuming it was done properly), a second cleaning would hardly improve anything. Also removing the fart cannon will not improve fuel economy by 3km/ltr.

Also, more often that not, a bust ABS sensor is a culprit for ABS and brake lights coming on. Some makabasses disconnect/break the sensor wires 'accidentally' when they do repairs. Get the sensor checked.

That sounds good. I shall do that and see. As my first car this is i always wanted a car does atleast 10 km/L so i could drive to offcie and back daily.

I should check the sensor wires as well. Any body good that you could recommend me to see?

My former boss has an Aerio, with the 1.6 litre engine, and it never does better than 9 in the city. Are your sure yours is 1.5 and not 1.6?

Edit: It was the relatively poor fuel economy coupled with scarcity/cost of parts that dissuaded me from buying one myself. Otherwise, it's a brilliant car and so so comfy even in the rear, plus excellent driving position for the city.

Ya it says 1490cc. at least if it does 9 i am okay , as now it does only 6-7 and i would have drove a Sonata which is going cheap in the second hand market than the Aerio.

Its so Spacious and comfortable. Except for the fuel/ ABS sensor and the hardness of the Steering ( I have topped up the fulid too) i am happy with the car.

the aero is not the most economical car around, it usually does 8-9kmpl in city, and the fact that your one has a fart cannon (especially if its a local made one) its not surprising that it do those figures.

best thing to do is replace the fart cannon with a normal exhaust and adjust your driving style a bit

I should. I dont drive more than the RPM above 2 - 2.5 mostly. I feel the car is heavy in moving and with ac it pulls bit bad.

That sounds good. I shall do that and see. As my first car this is i always wanted a car does atleast 10 km/L so i could drive to offcie and back daily.

I should check the sensor wires as well. Any body good that you could recommend me to see?

Imho, somebody who knows about Liana/Aerio should be checking it. So I too, would suggest the agents.

Whatever said and done, I have serious doubts about your car doing 10 on the city. Either you should resort to the fact of living with a figure of around 8 km/l or get some other car

the other funny thing is the last two tabs of te fuel meter goes off very quickly. I mean when i park i see the two bars full, the next day morning it sarts blinking ;)

the other funny thing is the last two tabs of te fuel meter goes off very quickly. I mean when i park i see the two bars full, the next day morning it sarts blinking ;)

Huh! probably a sensor issue, or a leak :P

Its the whole circuit. My Vios does the same thing. Two bars when I pull into office, and when I start it up in the evening to go home, flashing indicator.

Its a error in the meter i guess isnt't it? i actually think that even it blinks and say to Pump fuel i assume there is fuel in the tank. May be the floter is not fuctioning well?

what ya say?

have you ever checked if actually there is no fuel that the two bars dissapear or it is a technical fault?

I have never checked but I used for it now. Other than last two bars, other bars reduce uniformly not likr my early es1. In my ES1 meter starts moving after 70-80 km and going down drastically after wards.