• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Buying a new smartphone

Zambo

World's first review of the IPhone 5.....

http://www.nytimes.c...?pagewanted=all

Dude, HOW do you call that a review? From reading it sounds like something a fanboy wrote by reading the specs.. You dont need someone to do that, the rest of the fanboys can do that themselves.

I dont know HOW someone could do a 'review' and praise something without having even laid their hands on it.. or ont he otherhand someone who believes such a 'review'.. . Oh wait; sorry, i didn't realize I'm quoting someone who'd praises electric cars based on what another EV fanboy says. :rolleyes:

• Like 1

Not a phone, but it's worth mentioning there's a new ipod touch released with the iphone as well. It comes with a dual core cpu now, and I am seriously considering getting one to use as a PDA, thus relegating the mobile to what it was meant to be when Motorola first cooked up the idea.

Not a phone, but it's worth mentioning there's a new ipod touch released with the iphone as well. It comes with a dual core cpu now, and I am seriously considering getting one to use as a PDA, thus relegating the mobile to what it was meant to be when Motorola first cooked up the idea.

You might wanna run a Cost Benefit Analysis of using a Tab as a PDA instead. With the Nexus 7 and Kindle Fire coming in under the $200 mark, and having a much larger and easier to work with screen. Acer just announced a new 7inch Iconia too, should be in the ball park for pricing.

And while I haven't used the Apple calendaring system, I've been using the Google calendar for close to 10 years. The collaboration stuff is gravy, the Calendar and sync are a breeze, and the sms reminder feature is one of the most useful features I've come across for calendaring. Specially for those people not using a smart phone. Combined with integrated G+, G Drive, Google contacts, Gmail, the HW/SW package is hard to beat at that price point.

You might wanna run a Cost Benefit Analysis of using a Tab as a PDA instead. With the Nexus 7 and Kindle Fire coming in under the $200 mark, and having a much larger and easier to work with screen. Acer just announced a new 7inch Iconia too, should be in the ball park for pricing.

And while I haven't used the Apple calendaring system, I've been using the Google calendar for close to 10 years. The collaboration stuff is gravy, the Calendar and sync are a breeze, and the sms reminder feature is one of the most useful features I've come across for calendaring. Specially for those people not using a smart phone. Combined with integrated G+, G Drive, Google contacts, Gmail, the HW/SW package is hard to beat at that price point.

I hear you. Already have an Asus Transformer as a tab, and our company uses Google Apps, so way ahead of you as far as using Google drive, contacts, calendar goes :)

I won't be using iCal, instead I'll be using Activesync, which Google supports completely (even regular accounts, not just Google Apps). Even my tab and phone are setup to use Activesync for mail rather than gmail, I guess because coming from the pre-Android era I've gotten used to Activesync from the Windows Mobile days.

Dude, HOW do you call that a review? From reading it sounds like something a fanboy wrote by reading the specs.. You dont need someone to do that, the rest of the fanboys can do that themselves.

I dont know HOW someone could do a 'review' and praise something without having even laid their hands on it.. or ont he otherhand someone who believes such a 'review'.. . Oh wait; sorry, i didn't realize I'm quoting someone who'd praises electric cars based on what another EV fanboy says. :rolleyes:

David Pogue of the New York Times is one of the most widely read U.S. tech writers and is often the first to publish reviews of the latest tech. Because his articles are for a print newspaper, they are always short.

Try reading articles more carefully next time - he actually did use the phone for his test, so that makes it a review.

If you're already in Apple's ecosystem, the 7 inch iPad mini is coming out next month. It's going to cost a lot more than the $149+ for a decent 7 inch Android tablet however.

The 5 inch or 4.2 inch Samsung Galaxy player is also an alternative to the Touch if you're into Android.

David Pogue of the New York Times is one of the most widely read U.S. tech writers and is often the first to publish reviews of the latest tech. Because his articles are for a print newspaper, they are always short.

Try reading articles more carefully next time - he actually did use the phone for his test, so that makes it a review.

Any "writer" willing to parrot Apple's "thinnest smartphone" claim without checking...Tho at least he seems to have been around long enough to have got the contents of the last 2 paras right. I picked that up as soon as he made his initial compatibility claim.

If you're already in Apple's ecosystem, the 7 inch iPad mini is coming out next month. It's going to cost a lot more than the $149+ for a decent 7 inch Android tablet however.

The 5 inch or 4.2 inch Samsung Galaxy player is also an alternative to the Touch if you're into Android.

The Galaxy player is hardly up to snuff when compared with an iPod touch. If I wanted a good PMP for the price of a Galax player 5.0, I could and would (once my Zune dies) go for a Cowon X7, which is far superior to the Galaxy player when it comes to sound (which is what matters to ME when choosing a PMP). As for the iPad mini, you're joking right? Why would I want to buy a device that Steve Jobs dismissed? The only reason Apple decided to come out with a smaller iPad is because Steve wasn't quite the messiah everyone believed him to be, and he was wrong in dismissing 7" tabs. Apple is really feeling the crunch of Android,and their latest offering is just as I had predicted; unless they pull something really shiny out of their collective butts for the iphone 5 they're going to be in trouble.

Besides, I already have an Android tablet. Oh and I do have apple devices, two 5G iPods, but they're both running Rockbox, because like all of Apple's software (and also another reason why I won't be caught dead using an iPad), the original firmware was just too restrictive and people found a new and creative way to put the brilliant hardware Apple always designs to their proper use.

Maybe I missed that part; can you help me locate the part where it says that he used it.. ? :)

maybe one of you guys can help me out here. I just upgraded my s2 to jellybean and non of the contacts in my sim card are showing up. Also, do I need to reinstall all my apps?

If you could have used "Backup / Restore" option on Kies to save ur contacts, messages, network settings, etc.. Check in folder "C:\Users\<ur user>\Documents\samsung\Kies\Backup\<ur phone model> or what ever folder path if u have installed Kies for the back up file. Eg - 20120926T145732.sbu You can restore contact, etc..

phonebackup.jpg

If you loose ur Apps you can goto ur App store (If Google Play); Goto My Android Apps, there you will find 2 sections. 1 Apps installed on ur phone. 2. Other apps in my library. If ur phone doesn't show the apps on section 1, uninstall the app from App store and it will add to section 2. Re-install the apps you need from section 2 (Other apps in my library)

appstoreq.jpg

<< Hope post will help you in anyway, but dnt know what Pericles will say about the value of this post.. :speechless-smiley-004: >>

Cheers,

KMeeg.

Edited by kmeeg