• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

A Fuel Economical Car Recommendation

sharkteeth

Question

Hi everybody, i am here for a little advice. my family is in need of some cash and we decided to cash our car. which is a viva elite 2012. We are planing on selling it and buying another car for lower price somewhere in between 1 million and 1.5 million max. Can you guys recommend us some models to look in to. We are looking for the fuel economy and good looks. Maruti, tata nano is completely out of the question. We were thinking of buying something like a KIA RIO or HAYUNDAI ACCENT, any good or bad? what will be fuel economy like?, any recommendations will be greatly appreciated.

15 answers to this question

If fuel economy is your biggest concern, forget Rio and Accent. Perodua Kelisa manual would be the most fuel efficient in your budget. If you are after a sedan, I've heard a lot of good things about Suzuki Baleno. There are other cars like Geely (which actually comes with a Corolla engine) which should be fuel efficient and relatively newer. If you want 'resale value' too, then maybe a Corolla AE100 will fit the bill. For that budget, you can't have everything you need (resale value, low maintenance, fuel efficiency, comfort), so u will need to make compromises.

Edited by Crosswind
  • Like 1

* Preduoa Kelisa

* Daihatsu Mira

* suzuki swift old

* Suzuki Cultus/Beleno

* Toyota Starlet Soliel

* Toyota Corolla AE100

* Toyota Tercel

* Nissan March K11

* Nisan Sunny FB1

Edited by Schiffer
  • Like 1

March K11? Lancer? Seriously are they fuel efficient?

March K11? Lancer? Seriously are they fuel efficient?

the k11 2 door is to be precise. does around 10kmpl average and the ck1 also does nearly that ban but manual

If fuel economy is your biggest concern, forget Rio and Accent. Perodua Kelisa manual would be the most fuel efficient in your budget. If you are after a sedan, I've heard a lot of good things about Suzuki Baleno. There are other cars like Geely (which actually comes with a Corolla engine) which should be fuel efficient and relatively newer. If you want 'resale value' too, then maybe a Corolla AE100 will fit the bill. For that budget, you can't have everything you need (resale value, low maintenance, fuel efficiency, comfort), so u will need to make compromises.

Fuel efficiency and comfort with some space will do. :D I think Suzuki Baleno will do!

honda civic eg8 and if you are lucky you can find a honda civic ek3 for that price try to find a v-tec one they are more fuel efficient than non ones and good luck dude.

• Like 1

For doctor sunny's the market price is about 150K ~200K below the price they have asked. A friend sold a 1994 FB14 Manual for 1.45 M last week. I have no Idea about other brands

• Like 1

Fuel efficiency and comfort with some space will do. :D I think Suzuki Baleno will do!

From my experience the Baleno will do around 11kmpl city and 13kmpl outstation (mines a manual and my figures are with 4 people in the car most of the time). Space is good although the car may look a bit small from outside but you will get loads of space inside. Most probably the cheapest Japanese late 90s saloon you can get. The engines are very strong and reliable. The sound insulation is also brilliant. Station Wagon looks really nice and is spacious.

Ok bad side; some parts are a bit hard to source, specially body parts. A*W has some parts and there are people who get stuff from India (it was produced in India till 2007), but you will need to put the order and wait for a bit which can be annoying if its a quick fix you want. The sedan can be a bit awkward looking in its shape, specially the back.

go for a diesel fb14, lancer, pulser etc

petrol cars- other than kei cars like alto ( japan), minica, carol, mira, kelisa etc ( but not march ) I dont think the others serve your requirement of fuel efficency

starlet may be an another option

Edited by priyanka

I am writing down a list fellas, lol! it's so huge and i will be passing this to my dad, who is more knowledgeable in cars and mechanics than me. :) Thanks a load friends.