• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Nissan Vanette Fuel Consumption C220 Ld20

Nissan cdj

I am using a nissan vanette (C220) LD 20 engine since 6 years from the begining it was doing 14 per litre without A/C but recently i noticed that this doesnt do fuel as previous.So i took my van to AG* diesel care where they have main branch at panchikaw***e and a brand at patt*ya handiya so when i took there they told to sevice the fuel pump and then they pressured injestors too and they replaced the housing of the diesel pump too .though they have done all this but now my van does only 7-8 with A/C.Actually this is like a prado therefore i took this again to them and complained then they advanced the pump to the maximum level.then i filled my diesel tank with 10 literes and again i droove the vehicle till the tank finishes.so the meter indicates only 78 km. it means again i has done only 7.8/litre ryt so again i had to go and complained then they said "mahattaya we hv done all this accurately up to now so nothing to be done anymore ".so i said though u al hv done again check it then they again removed the diesel pump and checked the whole thing by taking it to the pump room then they said nothing to be changed or replaced so the pump s okay and agin they fixed the pump and advanced it to the maximum level and gave the vehicle bck now again i had to face the same problem so last monday i took the vehicle form the garage and filled 15 litres and today 15 litres were finished so the meter reading was 122 so this implies 8.1km/litre.

so guys please be kind on this matter and give me a solution for this ?

Thnx in advance.

sometimes the way you check the mileage is not efficient. when the tank is full and you a certain kms and then refill it , then it shows the correct mileage. what you got to do is fill the tank full, do around 50 kms, or may be 100 kms, then refill and see the amount of liters to be filled to make the tank full. this is just a basic thing to check the accuracy of kms per liter.

• Like 1

Your earlier measurement was without AC. Check that figure again.

Also the only thing to influence your fuel economy is not the diesel pump. The condition of the clutch, pressure plate, flywheel, condition of your cylinders, tyre prssure, tyre size (if changed from original) load, condition of other components attached to engine (due to stuck bearing etc), driving style, traffic (Colombo traffic has gotten a lot worse, and that means lots of waiting around without moving) etc.

So take an overall view rather than focus on just one aspect.

I use a C22 as my daily runner too. Usually does 10-11 lkpl with AC in city drive when everything is ok with the engine. I too think the way you measure the fuel is not accurate. There can be more fuel in the tank left even the pump gave up. As a member above said fill a full tank and run for at least 100km to and then top up to get a good average mileage.

BTW , were the injector nozzles in good condition when you serviced your pump ? How often you change your air filter ?

• Like 1

sometimes the way you check the mileage is not efficient. when the tank is full and you a certain kms and then refill it , then it shows the correct mileage. what you got to do is fill the tank full, do around 50 kms, or may be 100 kms, then refill and see the amount of liters to be filled to make the tank full. this is just a basic thing to check the accuracy of kms per liter.

Thnks Toyota 1990 i will check that way and let u knw

Your earlier measurement was without AC. Check that figure again.

Also the only thing to influence your fuel economy is not the diesel pump. The condition of the clutch, pressure plate, flywheel, condition of your cylinders, tyre prssure, tyre size (if changed from original) load, condition of other components attached to engine (due to stuck bearing etc), driving style, traffic (Colombo traffic has gotten a lot worse, and that means lots of waiting around without moving) etc.

So take an overall view rather than focus on just one aspect.

Clutch plate and the opresure plates were changed recently ,the condition of the engine cylinders is about 50 percent ,tyre pressure 30 tyre size(165x13)

load no more load its only me or me +another one ,nothing is being attached to the engine actually mu driving style - i am a speed freek so always goes on 4 th 5 th gears on normal road not in colombo

thnxx don

I use a C22 as my daily runner too. Usually does 10-11 lkpl with AC in city drive when everything is ok with the engine. I too think the way you measure the fuel is not accurate. There can be more fuel in the tank left even the pump gave up. As a member above said fill a full tank and run for at least 100km to and then top up to get a good average mileage.

BTW , were the injector nozzles in good condition when you serviced your pump ? How often you change your air filter ?

okay cyclist i look forward for it , my injector niples were almost okay they said tht there was only one with carbon oxiated and they said tt we servioced tht and replaced and due to this fuel efficiency scene i intended to change my airfilter too .

thnxxx

ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh shitttt ........................... 2 days before i filled up to full tank and ran 57 kms up to today's eve and i again filled it up to fulll tank my gosh i had to fill it by 7.50 litres.So therefore my fuel consumption is when 57/7.50 = 7.6 km-per liter (without A/C) .so usng a NIssan vanette and bad fuel consumption is in wane ryt. so what am i suppose to do guys ????????????????????????

Thanks

When you say you filled it up how do you define filling it up ? Do you fill it up to the point where the pump nuzzle goes "tuck" and stops the pumping or do you keep filling beyond that point ? Because if you are filling beyond the nozzle's auto shut-off point then there might be different amounts of fuel each time along the filler pipe. Unless of course every time make sure that they fill it up right up to the rim of the filler pipe. The filler pipe from the petrol cap to the tank can hold a significant amount of fuel

• Like 1