• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Aftermarket Exhausts

Dinukap4

Well I need 2 Custom Exhausts made some thing like this with a clean beat maybe-

Dual-exhaust-system.jpg

Any places you guys recommend ? I've seen a lot of places but would be better off with a experienced user And how are the prices ? I just need those 2 barrels done and lil beat.

I would advice you to go for a single muffler. Try to get a good make and get the piping done.Two mufflers means more back pressure. And what is the engine?

its a 3A 1.5L

Keep it single man if you want real performance!! A twin setup is good only if your are running a V type engine! And talk to Sacha, seriously worth it!

How does it effect the performance mate ?

How does it effect the performance mate ?

simply saying, fixing dual exhaust means increasing the amount of air letting out.

that means have to let in more air and more fuel

in new cars this is automatically done by the ECU

And i quote

The amount of back pressure produced by the exhaust system is crucial as too much back pressure will have a negative effect on your engine's top-end performance as it will restrict the flow rate of the exhaust gasses at high RPM. The result would be the engine not being able to expel the spent exhaust gasses fast enough to prevent spent exhaust gasses from contaminating the fresh air/fuel mixture that is drawn into the engine on the next intake stroke. Ultimately, this will result in reduced engine power!

Twin exhausts on a 1.5ltr carb is useless,and may even dampen performance(more back pressure as someone mentioned)....Just go for a single real exhaust and put another fake muffler on the other side if you want the twin exhaust look so badly...No need to go for a performance expert either.Just go to a place like Elcardo or a decent local silencer joint.

Keep it single man if you want real performance!! A twin setup is good only if your are running a V type engine! And talk to Sacha, seriously worth it!

It has very little to do with the cylinder orientation.The twin exhaust and V engine myth came in to being because they had two exhaust manifolds and therefore had to have two pipes.Most modern performance oriented cars like CTR's,Evos and Toyota 86/BRZs which doesn't have V engines come with dual pipes... Edited by MasterDon
  • Like 2

• 1 month later...

Bringing this thread up again for a query.

Would there be significant power gains after dividing the exhaust between the barrel and the exhaust tip? No plans to fix mufflers, Planning to do this to the Hilux..

Its running the Intercooler Turbo common rail diesel engine, will it be of any use? :speechless-smiley-019:

Thanks

Edited by tiv