• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Mazda Car To Buy Around 1.8 To 2 Mn

sank

Ok guys. Thanks a lot for your information. they help me a lot. Please be kind enough to stop comparing Honda and Mazda within this topic. I beg your pardon thousand times because I did the same mistake earlier.

I just want to know whether there are any variants within BJ5P. ( Say BJ5P type 1 some features are available but type 2 not available etc..) Or every BJ5P come with same set of features?

Thank you very much for pointing out yourself that you don't need a Mazda Vs Honda comparison here. I was trying my best to point this out myself without much success. :)

If you are only concerned about BJ5P's then i got to say that they surely do come with different options. But it's difficult to differentiate them by just looking from the outside since they don't have those "Ex-Saloon", "Super saloon", "GL", "GLX" badges like most other sedan's have which makes it somewhat difficult. They have trim levels such as GS, LS, ES etc and one way to identify it is by checking the Sticker located just under the Driver side door.

Just check the below link to get an idea of the different trim levels based on the year of manufacture.

http://www.cars-directory.net/specs/mazda/familia/

you cannot compare one car brand to another all of them have good points and bad points but what you can compare is one car to another civic ek series to familia BJ series you can compare there power acceleration fuel economy interior space spare parts cost ect.... :)

I probably could give hundreds of reasons why the brand "Honda" not a particular model is better than a "Mazda" but right now I really cant be bothered lol, not that I havent got the info just can't be bothered lol

oooh....

This condition is similar to obsessive compulsive disorder.......

Let the OP decide to clarify his query...

To be more precise, he doesn't need brand comparison, so you've an option of shutting your mouth off...

The B3 is a 1.3L and the B5 is a 1.5L I think these fuel econ figures were off an auto transmission. it pretty much depends on how you drive and the traffic conditions, city driving in heavy traffic with a/c can use more juice :( . Considering the engines 1.5 L has more power than the 1.3 L and if power isnt your main concern and the fuel economy is go for the 1.3L even though you would lack a few BHP's

Pls note. 1.3 L engine is less fuel efficient that of 1.5l in auto.

BJ5P comes with different variants,

1. with ZL-VE (SVT) engine ,130hp (2nd highest demand in srilanka among familias, 1st is its BJ5W)

(in here also we can see lot of variants , ex: auto ,triptronic,4 disk etc...)

2.with ZL-DE (JDM produce 110bhp)

(again several variants ...)

other than BJ5P s , it is common to have BJ6P 323s, ZM-DE engine ,105hp. one advantage of this engine is smooth and good torque distribution from 1k to 5K RPM.

that means upto 5000 RMP , this engine has more power than ZL-VE and ZL-DE.

fuel consumption is somewhat equal in these 3 models (for same transmission type).

Thanks a lot

oooh....

This condition is similar to obsessive compulsive disorder.......

Let the OP decide to clarify his query...

To be more precise, he doesn't need brand comparison, so you've an option of shutting your mouth off...

I'll shut my mouth when I want it to be shut chan5 :) , you have no right to tell me to do so.........

Thank you very much for pointing out yourself that you don't need a Mazda Vs Honda comparison here. I was trying my best to point this out myself without much success. :)

If you are only concerned about BJ5P's then i got to say that they surely do come with different options. But it's difficult to differentiate them by just looking from the outside since they don't have those "Ex-Saloon", "Super saloon", "GL", "GLX" badges like most other sedan's have which makes it somewhat difficult. They have trim levels such as GS, LS, ES etc and one way to identify it is by checking the Sticker located just under the Driver side door.

Just check the below link to get an idea of the different trim levels based on the year of manufacture.

http://www.cars-directory.net/specs/mazda/familia/

Thanks mate.

From below url we can compare the variants.

http://specs.cars-directory.net/mazda/familia/1998_226/

Just look carefully for oil or coolant leaks around the engine bay, transmission and radiator when buying a mazda and go in detail with the service records, eg: if the fluids have been changed on time and belts replaced. check for clunky transmission when test driving mazda transmissions arent the best in my opinion (Had a few bad stories) .There arent any other serious issues with the familia. If it is clean and well looked after go for it :)

But a mazda is not as reliable as a honda... just saying :)

Any vehicle that is well maintained is a reliable one...

I have been using a BJ5W for more than 2 years now, it has got a 1.5L VVT engine..M/T..and a Mazda 3 for more than 7 years...Im very much satisfied with both cars...

It is very important that you get hold of a well maintained one and checking for leaks around the engine bay is common when your buying any car n is not limited to Mazda...

Not many of us would know that Mazda CX 5 was named Japan's the car of the year (2012)

• 1 month later...
Hi,

i want to buy a mazda car (non hatch-back) arround 1.8 to 2 mn. I am new to mazda and appreciate your support.

I used a Mazda BJ5P (2001) - Auto for about 2.5 years . No major issue apart from routine maintenance. I sold the car for 2 Mn so within your range. Fuel about 12 km/ L long distance and within colombo 8 km / L

Good car to use , confortable , good performance, Durable Interior ( Beige) . Negative points are low ground clearence , relatively high fuel consumption

Sank,

Reliability overall of any type of car depends largely on how it has been maintaned as far as I have experienced. You buy a car that is "thought" to be a very reliable model because of what some "pundit" says and take it for granted and skimp on regular maintanence, that "reliable" model of car would prove itself as very unreliable with regular breakdowns.

Our family has been owning a series of Mitsubishis right from 1981 upto date along with various other Toyotas, Nissans, a Daewoo and a Suzuki and ALL of them have proved themselves as reliable with absolutely no breakdowns, why because all of them were regularly maintaned and cared for.

Talking of reliability of Hondas, a friend of mine had a Honda Civic which was not at all cared for by my friend and was plagued with eternal breakdowns added to that too many mechanics made it worse. He now has a Suzuki which he bought B/N 8 years ago and today it is proving itself unreliable with breakdowns because of bad maintanence and care and too many mechanics as he goes mechanic shopping.

A cousin of mine has a BJ5P and he is very satisfied with it using it as his daily transport for the last 5 years with regular maintanence and care.

So regardless of the make or model what is important is proper maintanence and care and also driving habits. ie if you have a habit of riding the clutch you are bound to have constant issues with the clutch which obviously is not a deffect of that particular make or model.

So pick on the model of your choice, see that it has been regularly maintaned and is a car that has been loved and cared for, and you'll be ok if you too care for it and maintane it keeping the trend.

Edited by CJ5