• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Mazda Car To Buy Around 1.8 To 2 Mn

sank

Hi,

i want to buy a mazda car (non hatch-back) arround 1.8 to 2 mn. I am new to mazda and appreciate your support.

So what exactly do you want as "support"? Bit difficult for us to help you without knowing what you need eh?

Just look carefully for oil or coolant leaks around the engine bay, transmission and radiator when buying a mazda and go in detail with the service records, eg: if the fluids have been changed on time and belts replaced. check for clunky transmission when test driving mazda transmissions arent the best in my opinion (Had a few bad stories) .There arent any other serious issues with the familia. If it is clean and well looked after go for it :)

But a mazda is not as reliable as a honda... just saying :)

Just look carefully for oil or coolant leaks around the engine bay, transmission and radiator when buying a mazda and go in detail with the service records, eg: if the fluids have been changed on time and belts replaced. check for clunky transmission when test driving mazda transmissions arent the best in my opinion (Had a few bad stories) .There arent any other serious issues with the familia. If it is clean and well looked after go for it :)

Yes, you are correct. Honda is better than Mazda. I had ek3 few years back but I can't go for Honda YOM beyond 2000 within my budget. Do you know about fuel efficiency of mazda?

Yes, you are correct. Honda is better than Mazda. I had ek3 few years back but I can't go for Honda YOM beyond 2000 within my budget. Do you know about fuel efficiency of mazda?

Why, is it going to be prohibited to use vehicle with YOM< 2000 ? if you are too sure that honda is always better than mazda , then just go for a Honda.

otherwise i think you have come to conclusion that 2001 familia is better than 99 EK3.

A B3 engine whiich is a 16 SOHC would do around 9.5l/100km in city and 6.2l/100km out side (Highway driving). All the Familia series engines clock the same fuel econ rate :) Hope this help.

thanks for the response.

What is better B3 or B5?

do the above efficiencies for auto gear car?

Why, is it going to be prohibited to use vehicle with YOM< 2000 ? if you are too sure that honda is always better than mazda , then just go for a Honda.

otherwise i think you have come to conclusion that 2001 familia is better than 99 EK3.

no not prohibited. :speechless-smiley-004:

I want to buy an English number vehicle

The B3 is a 1.3L and the B5 is a 1.5L I think these fuel econ figures were off an auto transmission. it pretty much depends on how you drive and the traffic conditions, city driving in heavy traffic with a/c can use more juice :( . Considering the engines 1.5 L has more power than the 1.3 L and if power isnt your main concern and the fuel economy is go for the 1.3L even though you would lack a few BHP's

How come this honda thing came here ?

What are the proofs? Sources ? Researches ?

Our family had a mazda from 1989 to 2010 (yes 21 years)and i must say it's a rock solid car averages with any japanese make.

For information of your small world, all japanese cars have to undergo japanese production quality standards and which doesn't favour any brand.it has specifications from guage thickness of body panels to depth of tyre thread.

I don't say honda is bad.

Simply you can't compare aspects like reliability without proper standard research....

• Like 1

How come this honda thing came here ?

What are the proofs? Sources ? Researches ?

Our family had a mazda from 1989 to 2010 (yes 21 years)and i must say it's a rock solid car averages with any japanese make.

For information of your small world, all japanese cars have to undergo japanese production quality standards and which doesn't favour any brand.it has specifications from guage thickness of body panels to depth of tyre thread.

I don't say honda is bad.

Simply you can't compare aspects like reliability without proper standard research....

Have a read on this article:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/motoring/news/9426806/And-the-most-reliable-used-car-is....html

Mazda currently holds 6th place tied up with hyundai and mitsubishi :) there has been indepth research "proper standard research" , where Honda has claimed the top spot for the most reliable used car .Where mazda has been pushed down to the 6th place....

Edited by civic eg4

no not prohibited. :speechless-smiley-004:

I want to buy an English number vehicle

You can not get a "English Number" for almost any vehicle

Best you stick with a Honda - Since you feel it's a better car . Honda is a good car by all means, and reliability is better too.

This subject has been discussed many times, hence no need to bitch about what brand is better.

To leave a small note : Handa, Toyoya both have had factory recalls in the past few months.

• Like 1

Have a read on this article:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/motoring/news/9426806/And-the-most-reliable-used-car-is....html

Mazda currently holds 6th place tied up with hyundai and mitsubishi :) there has been indepth research done, where Honda has claimed the top spot for the most reliable used car

Dude, The OP was not asking for a brand comparison. He has decided to by a familia and he wants to get some info on that. when he is specifically asking about a particular model, there is no point in comparing two brands to prove that one is inferior to another. Your article discusses about brands in general but not about a specific model. it's not a Civic Vs Familia comparison eh?

If i answer OP's questions according to what i know,

familia's with 1300cc(BJ3P) and 1500cc(BJ5P) engines can be found in SL. the 1600cc variant's in SL which you have mentioned as the BJ6P are actually 323's which is the export model of Familia where as the Famila is the JDM version. The BJ5P and BJ6P are almost identical from the outside but differs from engine capacity and some interior stuff. Most of the BJ6P's have leather interior and some have features such as VVT, white color sports meter cluster, all disk brakes etc.. But there are some BJ5P's with the above features which are very rare.

Fuel efficiency of all these models would hover around 8-9Kmpl for auto's and 9-11Kmpl for Manual's.

If you are worried about the reliability, i can give you two examples.

1. I'm a satisfied owner of a BJ5P for 3+ years. it has nearly 140K Km's on it's ODO and as the second owner i'm responsible for around 40K's. so far i have done only the following repairs. Replaced CAM sensor, Replaced ignition coil packs. Replaced front Shocks and Mounts
  2. The company i work for, was established in SL in 1997. by 1998 they had a fleet of cars as office vehicles which included Lancers, Corolla's and 3 familia's (2 BJ5P's and 1 BHALP). As time went on, all the other cars were sold off. But the 2 BJ5P's are still running strong after doing well over 200K.

So, you can decide on the reliability factor yourself. :).

As cons of the Famila, the only thing which comes to my mind is Rust. They tend to develop rust specially in the wheel arches. So that's one thing to look for. Apart from that, just do the other usual checks you would do, when you buy a old used car.Thats it. A well kept familia is good as any other japanese mid sized sedan. :).

Edited by LashNeo
  • Like 1

Well here in Australia they had a recall made last year which was 2012 cant remember the month exactly hope that sums up "recent"

yes, In November 2012 there was a "Tribute" recall due to a defect of the cruise controller system.

Your article discusses about brands in general but not about a specific model. it's not a Civic Vs Familia comparison eh?

Thea article wasn't meant to comapre a civic and familia, it was used to prove that a used Honda holds the number one reliability position as a car :)

You can not get a "English Number" for almost any vehicle

Best you stick with a Honda - Since you feel it's a better car . Honda is a good car by all means, and reliability is better too.

This subject has been discussed many times, hence no need to bitch about what brand is better.

To leave a small note : Handa, Toyoya both have had factory recalls in the past few months.

100% true, if a person thinks that Blue color is better than Green ,since it is a personal preference no one can challenge that.

so Sank,still my advice is to go fro a Honda without considering the number. now RMV offers English numbers for already registered vehicles. :mosking:

Thea article wasn't meant to comapre a civic and familia,

Yes it wasn't. that's what i also mentioned. You had to come up with this article as a reply for chan5's question. But what's the point in comparing two brands when the original poster is only concerned about buying a specific model of a certain brand? Each brand has it's good models and bad ones. You cannot conclude on the reliability of a certain model based on a generalization of the brand it belongs to. So, what's the purpose in coming up with comments like "mazda is not as reliable as a honda" when the OP is saying "I want to buy a mazda familia."? If you can come up with solid evidence to prove that the Civic is greater than the Familia that would have been somewhat relevent to the original question. I hope you get my point :)

Dude, The OP was not asking for a brand comparison. He has decided to by a familia and he wants to get some info on that. when he is specifically asking about a particular model, there is no point in comparing two brands to prove that one is inferior to another. Your article discusses about brands in general but not about a specific model. it's not a Civic Vs Familia comparison eh?

If i answer OP's questions according to what i know,

familia's with 1300cc(BJ3P) and 1500cc(BJ5P) engines can be found in SL. the 1600cc variant's in SL which you have mentioned as the BJ6P are actually 323's which is the export model of Familia where as the Famila is the JDM version. The BJ5P and BJ6P are almost identical from the outside but differs from engine capacity and some interior stuff. Most of the BJ6P's have leather interior and some have features such as VVT, white color sports meter cluster, all disk brakes etc.. But there are some BJ5P's with the above features which are very rare.

Fuel efficiency of all these models would hover around 8-9Kmpl for auto's and 9-11Kmpl for Manual's.

If you are worried about the reliability, i can give you two examples.

1. I'm a satisfied owner of a BJ5P for 3+ years. it has nearly 140K Km's on it's ODO and as the second owner i'm responsible for around 40K's. so far i have done only the following repairs. Replaced CAM sensor, Replaced ignition coil packs. Replaced front Shocks and Mounts
  2. The company i work for, was established in SL in 1997. by 1998 they had a fleet of cars as office vehicles which included Lancers, Corolla's and 3 familia's (2 BJ5P's and 1 BHALP). As time went on, all the other cars were sold off. But the 2 BJ5P's are still running strong after doing well over 200K.

So, you can decide on the reliability factor yourself. :).

As cons of the Famila, the only thing which comes to my mind is Rust. They tend to develop rust specially in the wheel arches. So that's one thing to look for. Apart from that, just do the other usual checks you would do, when you buy a old used car.Thats it. A well kept familia is good as any other japanese mid sized sedan. :).

Thanks many times for your response.

Ok guys. Thanks a lot for your information. they help me a lot. Please be kind enough to stop comparing Honda and Mazda within this topic. I beg your pardon thousand times because I did the same mistake earlier.

I just want to know whether there are any variants within BJ5P. ( Say BJ5P type 1 some features are available but type 2 not available etc..) Or every BJ5P come with same set of features?

BJ5P comes with different variants,

1. with ZL-VE (SVT) engine ,130hp (2nd highest demand in srilanka among familias, 1st is its BJ5W)

(in here also we can see lot of variants , ex: auto ,triptronic,4 disk etc...)

2.with ZL-DE (JDM produce 110bhp)

(again several variants ...)

other than BJ5P s , it is common to have BJ6P 323s, ZM-DE engine ,105hp. one advantage of this engine is smooth and good torque distribution from 1k to 5K RPM.

that means upto 5000 RMP , this engine has more power than ZL-VE and ZL-DE.

fuel consumption is somewhat equal in these 3 models (for same transmission type).