• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Toyota Carina Gt (A63 Series)

iRage

Since someone asked for pictures of a Carina GT with a 4A-GE engine..here goes:

The Carina GT came as a 1600GT (TA63) and 2000GT (RA63). Initially the 1600GT cane with a 2T-GE engine which was later replaced with a 4A-GE and the 2000cc version dropped along with the introduction of a GT-R.

post-51257-0-02489800-1359626527_thumb.j

itaknaka63karina03.jpg

itaknaka63karina99.jpg

carinagtr.jpgcarinagtr7.jpg

carina-sightings-minkara-blue-carina-gtr

Always had a hidden desire to own one...looking at Komi's project I am almost tempted to get base 60-series Carina and build one up :) or just resort to the following :)

LV-N59b%20TOYOTA%20CARINA%201600%20GT-R.

Edited by iRage

iRage, great stuff! I was interested in that diecast Carina as well. Here's a Carina wagon-

untitled-3.jpg

This is commonly known as the 'Firevan' and is truely a fire-breather. It's got a Yamaha beams engine inside with the six speed manual.....

We've got a few examples here, so why not consider a wagon build up?

Edited by Jaliya48

Build build build!!

Machan you will not regret it. You can get the base car parts and labour for under 1.5 mil I'm sure. Over time. That will be uniquely yours and just think of that beast with an FMIC and those flared fenders lumbering in your garage. Ooh!!

tempted to....will be back in japan in a few months and was planning to talk to a guy who works at the local Fujitsubo shop to dive in to the technical nitty gritties in converting a AA60 to a TA63.

The A60 frame is common to the Carina and the Celica of that era so has a lot of potential.

http://www.banpei.net/page/carina-sightings

Edited by iRage

• 5 months later...
HOOOLEY MOLEY!

Where is this place?! And more importantly, are you buying one?

I can't find it anymore...there was a whole discussion on the group and i thought it said where the garage is....

and more importantly no..I am not buying one...

try trolling around the group sometime...there are some interesting cars in SL :)

https://#####/113930778633768/

It is an open group so you should be able to just browse around...

Edited by iRage