• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Is The Defender 110 Available On Any Permit?

VCBI

Question

13 answers to this question

Just wondering if the Defender 110 is available on the Permit.. Has anyone bought a Defender through a Permit?

yes

can try it for a provincial council permit or something with higher CIF capacity as the agent FOB is something around 35000-40000 usd ( cant remember it exactly

though)

anyway the duty for 110 is not that high if you compare it with a landrover discovery or something similar, as 110 is built on a ladder frame chassis

and the locally assembled 110 is also there, which not that expensive

that s why i think nobody is trying to get down a defender for a permit

@iRage Haha can see that now.. :)

@Jaliya 48 You will machang.. and all the best.. :)

@Priyanka you champion!! :) Thanks machang.. I just found out that its out of the 30000 permit, And Locally assembled 110's? I had no idea about that.. Please do tell me more about it.. How much cheaper are we talking about?

@iRage Haha can see that now.. :)

@Jaliya 48 You will machang.. and all the best.. :)

@Priyanka you champion!! :) Thanks machang.. I just found out that its out of the 30000 permit, And Locally assembled 110's? I had no idea about that.. Please do tell me more about it.. How much cheaper are we talking about?

ask from the agent, like MICRO they do assemble LR, especially for the forces

yes if i can remember

Huh ? That doesn't make sense actually (not that most govt. policies do)...after all isn't the Prado and LC also a frame on ladder setup ? thus with the same logic the duty rate for a Prado (at least the 120 series) should be lower than a Pajero which is a monocoque.

Maybe the 110/90 falls in to a different classification or something ? Luxury vs. "Non-luxury" or something of the sort ?

Huh ? That doesn't make sense actually (not that most govt. policies do)...after all isn't the Prado and LC also a frame on ladder setup ? thus with the same logic the duty rate for a Prado (at least the 120 series) should be lower than a Pajero which is a monocoque.

Maybe the 110/90 falls in to a different classification or something ? Luxury vs. "Non-luxury" or something of the sort ?

look at this http://www.customs.gov.lk/tariff/changes%20in%20Customs%20duty%20and%20description%20of%20text%20in%20used%20vehicles.pdf.................

find 8703.32.71

i think the 110 should fall in to this group

look at this http://www.customs.gov.lk/tariff/changes%20in%20Customs%20duty%20and%20description%20of%20text%20in%20used%20vehicles.pdf.................

find 8703.32.71

i think the 110 should fall in to this group

I browsed through that document a few weeks/month ago...I thought pretty much everything for passenger vehicles were 30% or 35% or something except for hybrids which were lower...didn't go through the descriptions though.