• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Doctors Car Pass

DNP

oh hell yes. was doing 110 near castle street a little while ago. racing with my friend's subaru leone. cop jumped across, saw the pass, and was like "oh fcuk it" and walked away.

now that's one cross worth having!

oh! I guess I should steal it from my doctor uncle then :D

oh hell yes. was doing 110 near castle street a little while ago. racing with my friend's subaru leone. cop jumped across, saw the pass, and was like "oh fcuk it" and walked away.

now that's one cross worth having!

There is an easier way that going thru med school to get one ;)

I've come across instances people abusing this sticker. Once I blasted a person whom I thought was a doctor because of the sticker, for blocking my driveway but he was found to be just nobody in the end. I had to bite some of my own words including "you being a doctor.....behaving in an uncivilized..." etc.

Dude, just coz the sticker is there doesn't mean the driver of the vehicle is the doctor ;) Plenty of parents picking who pick up kids and husbands who pick up wives have the sticker on the car too.

That's why I had to bite my words. :speechless-smiley-004: Yo may have noticed the vehicles used by officers in the forces make it a point to cover the star emblem when they are not in the vehicle. There must be a similar measure for this sticker too. Otherwise its value is lost!

• Like 4

Dude, just coz the sticker is there doesn't mean the driver of the vehicle is the doctor ;) Plenty of parents picking who pick up kids and husbands who pick up wives have the sticker on the car too.

agree! but most of the people cant understand this.

. actully this cross is being abused by unwanted people specially for hiding some illegal things

Edited by DNP

That's why I had to bite my words. :speechless-smiley-004: Yo may have noticed the vehicles used by officers in the forces make it a point to cover the star emblem when they are not in the vehicle. There must be a similar measure for this sticker too. Otherwise its value is lost!

Good idea!

@Peri,

Ha...ha.... .In my case machan, my daily runner is good 18 year old Eg8 with 19- num plate, which is bit rare in my feild and its not a typical doc car like axio or allion.

Edited by H.C
  • Like 1

@Peri,

Ha...ha.... .In my case machan, my daily runner is good 18 year old Eg8 with 19- num plate, which is bit rare in my feild and its not a typical doc car like axio or allion.

yeah even i was asked for the SLMC id once. only the colombo cops tho. the outstation aiyyas start with "sorry sir nawaththuwa-ta"

but yeah ppl do abuse it. i've met one bugger myself at a garage who actually told me to get a hold of one as he has it, and its so helpful to do all sorts of mischief. i guess a good point to start the conversation would have been to ask what i did for a living, and not judge me by the shorts, t shirt and honda

I've come across instances people abusing this sticker.

That's the point. Any tom dick or harry who is connected to some one working in the hospital are able to lay their hands on a doctor car pass unlike a lawyers car pass which the cops never challenge and is obtainable by only lawyers!!

yeah even i was asked for the SLMC id once. only the colombo cops tho. the outstation aiyyas start with "sorry sir nawaththuwa-ta"

but yeah ppl do abuse it. i've met one bugger myself at a garage who actually told me to get a hold of one as he has it, and its so helpful to do all sorts of mischief. i guess a good point to start the conversation would have been to ask what i did for a living, and not judge me by the shorts, t shirt and honda

Ow ban, when I got my cross one fellow so desperately wanted a copy of it to paste in his Allion!. That garage story happened to me few times now!.

Yep now the cops don't care much for the cross most of the time we have to stop and give them the ID

Practically we are not always we go for medical emergencies but some times we really do,

and at that times we should blame the people who abuse the cross for anything that would happen

Ow ban, when I got my cross one fellow so desperately wanted a copy of it to paste in his Allion!. That garage story happened to me few times now!.

A drug rep told me He created the car pass by using photo shop and explained me about advantages of it. ! actually I thought to @#@#@##....

Edited by DNP

@Peri,

My car for carting said doc around was a Pulsar VZR hatch. Wasn't exactly a quiet car either.

But anyway, what I had was just a hospital parking pass, which was slightly different from the proper docs pass, just so I could park in the docs car park when picking her up. Punctuality was not a strong point.

That's the point. Any tom dick or harry who is connected to some one working in the hospital are able to lay their hands on a doctor car pass unlike a lawyers car pass which the cops never challenge and is obtainable by only lawyers!!

I drive a car with a lawyers pass too ;) but the cops don't recognize that one so much.

And anyway, before you guys get the wrong idea, I've never gotten out of anything illegal coz of the stickers, not even speeding. It helped reduce the number of times I got stopped at checkpoints, which was frequent with a noisy car, and a bloody pain. Even if a cop asks, I just say its not my sticker. It's less frequent with a jeep anyway.

Members,

There are Red and Blue crosses on vehicles.Can any member explain the meaning of two crosses.

Once I was going to R. A. De. Mel Mawatha turning from Galle road to Deal place. This road was one way few years back.

Even to day the road is one way, now can enter from Galle road.

Early only can enter from R. A. De. Mel Mawatha and get out to Galle road. Now cannot enter from R. A. De. Mel Mawatha.

There used to be two Police men hiding and watching who enter from Galle road. I was stopped on the center.

I told the police men that I am taking a patient to Dur-dens hospital. I always carry a towel got my rear seat person to cover his head. He believed me and allowed me to go

Sylvi Wijesinghe.

Members,

There are Red and Blue crosses on vehicles.Can any member explain the meaning of two crosses

It depends .eg NHSL-Meroon cross

Ragama Hos-Red

Kalubowila- Green(not sure if Im wrong,komi pls crct it)

Dont think about colours ,look the designation which should be in that car pass!

Edited by DNP

Colors change every year in Kalubowila. But they all say "doctors car pass". It is:

1. A parking permit for hospitals

2. A permit to get to work in a hurry in an emergency.

It does not entitle anyone to break the law with it in any other way.

Edited by Komisiripala