• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Good Mechanic Needed To Check My Suv

DVT

Dear all,

My SUV (Sportage 2011) started giving a little noise from the backside and took her to agents as she Is still under warranty. They wanted me to leave the vehicle and collect when the issue is fixed. I got a call in the afternoon to say the issue is fixed. Unfortunately the issue remained unfixed. They had fixed something else.

I had to stay there the rest of whole day and finally they diagnosed the issue to be the lock of boot door. They said the lock is not properly fixed at the factory and adjusted the lock by 2mm from the original position and said fine. It was true for about a week and again I get the same noise.

Do you guys know anybody specialized in KIA to check and fix my issue?

I can go to agents again but not feeling to waste my time.

Thanks

post-44369-0-79413900-1367486196_thumb.j

Apply some rounds of Paper sellotape to your back door...(to that metal part where it get locked) and see if the sounds comes...since you heard the sound lately it may not be a factory fault...just a wasted lock....check for loosen bolts also..

10-11-KIA-SPORTAGE-Steel-Rear-Door-Sill-

Edited by GayanR

I too get this sound from my Sportage. I suspected its the lock and was going to point it out when I put her in for the next service in about a month. In the mean time I will try the paper cellotape fix. @DVT is the sound somewhat similar to the sound you get from Old Hiace vans? Sort of a kich kich sound?

Tried.........

Currently am running like that ........... but still there is a little noise ( not louder as before) . Somebody checked and said it's coming from the boot door beading. Not sure because the wrapping was too thick and I removed most of them and checked. Then again the previous noise started to come.......... :speechless-smiley-004:

I too get this sound from my Sportage. I suspected its the lock and was going to point it out when I put her in for the next service in about a month. In the mean time I will try the paper cellotape fix. @DVT is the sound somewhat similar to the sound you get from Old Hiace vans? Sort of a kich kich sound?

Correct.

But with some wrapping ,as GayanR said , managed to reduce the kick kick sound.... but still there is a sound coming from the boot door ......... may be the beading not fitted well because of the wrapping...... just a guess... not sure what.

Your car is under warranty. RAISE HELL. Call up the top brass and scream at them...

True.......... am good at that too......... :sport-smiley-005:

I will have to take some time off from office....... thought might be easier to get somebody and fix it rather than wasting time with those set of jokers.

You cannot do this at the service location. You have to go to body and paint shop located in Orugodawatta......near the premadasa cricket stadium

You cannot do this at the service location. You have to go to body and paint shop located in Orugodawatta......near the premadasa cricket stadium

Ahh.. VDP Fernando spot?

Ah sounds like our bumpy roads are taking it's toll on the door locks and beadings. I think the problem is the lock has a little bit of play because it has to take into consideration the fact the door is shut against the beading and since its made out of rubber its going to move a bit. The whole body of the car flexes a little bit as well when you drive over pot holes.

Usually the movements are cushioned out by the beading but it seems it has proven a little too much for the door locks which might have suffered a bit of premature wear thanks to being knocked against the latch as the car moves. If the lock has already been adjusted, you can try moving the beading up a bit putting some material like bit of rubber on the metal seam and then putting the beading on top so it sits prouder against the door pushing it out. You should also lubricate the lock well.

But since its under warranty the agents should really sort it out.

sad to say but those agents are rubbish. i have heard so many complaints about them from friends who own sportages and sorentos. unless you kick up a huge drama you will not get the job done properly. sometimes you have to complain to the MD to get matters sorted out.

Ah sounds like our bumpy roads are taking it's toll on the door locks and beadings. I think the problem is the lock has a little bit of play because it has to take into consideration the fact the door is shut against the beading and since its made out of rubber its going to move a bit. The whole body of the car flexes a little bit as well when you drive over pot holes.

Usually the movements are cushioned out by the beading but it seems it has proven a little too much for the door locks which might have suffered a bit of premature wear thanks to being knocked against the latch as the car moves. If the lock has already been adjusted, you can try moving the beading up a bit putting some material like bit of rubber on the metal seam and then putting the beading on top so it sits prouder against the door pushing it out. You should also lubricate the lock well.

But since its under warranty the agents should really sort it out.

Thanks for ur info. I made a reservation for next tuesday. Your note provides some food for thought.

Thanks

sad to say but those agents are rubbish. i have heard so many complaints about them from friends who own sportages and sorentos. unless you kick up a huge drama you will not get the job done properly. sometimes you have to complain to the MD to get matters sorted out.

True.

my experience too not different

Dear all,

My SUV (Sportage 2011) started giving a little noise from the backside and took her to agents

Don't worry ,don't we all "give out a little noise from the backside" ???????

:sport-smiley-004:

Jokes apart...for a 2011 model to start giving out rattles such as this which is very likely attributable to a worn door lock speaks of the quality, as this seems to be an issue with these models.

Edited by CJ5

Don't worry ,don't we all "give out a little noise from the backside" ???????

:sport-smiley-004:

Jokes apart...for a 2011 model to start giving out rattles such as this which is very likely attributable to a worn door lock speaks of the quality, as this seems to be an issue with these models.

Well most of the old Hiaces suffer from the same problem so it's not a Kia only problem.

Well most of the old Hiaces suffer from the same problem so it's not a Kia only problem.

Old Hi-Ace and a new KIA having similar issues. Speaks of the quality of both, doesn't it????? :)

The old Hi-Aces still run hardy and sturdy after 20-30 years, wonder how many of the KIAs will be left in 10-15 years time if the door locks ware-off and rattling begins after just 2 years!!!

Those Ssyangyong Mussos which came out with much fanfare a few years ago are hardly to be seen now.

Edited by CJ5
  • Like 3

Old Hi-Ace and a new KIA having similar issues. Speaks of the quality of both, doesn't it????? :)

The old Hi-Aces still run hardy and sturdy after 20-30 years, wonder how many of the KIAs will be left in 10-15 years time if the door locks ware-off and rattling begins after just 2 years!!!

Those Ssyangyong Mussos which came out with much fanfare a few years ago are hardly to be seen now.

Made a visit to the agents as planned

Problem solved it seems.

Certain rubber bushes were not properly adjusted and as a result extra pressure on the lock as well as beading . The guy who took over the job knew what he was doing. :sleeping-smiley-001:

Hopefully the fix will last for long.

Thanks for your comments