• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Going To Get A Diesel Car

chamilka

Question

Hi all,

I am currently having a Nissan B14 95' model 1300CC Auto car 300-. I have desided to go for a diesel car of around 1.4 mil. My concern is for a sedan with manual gear. Some suggest Mitsubishi cb8 and toyota corolla CE100. I am not much familier with diesel cars however I want it to give me like 14kmpl (long journey) if possible.

I would appreciate it a lot if you can suggest suitable cars for me more economical, comfort but on top of all whether parts are widely available. Heard CB8 is a good car but not much sure about parts and if any known problems.

Thank you

Edited by chamilka

5 answers to this question

CB8 indeed a good car and has some reasonable options and comfort compared with same generation diesels. There is a turbo version also (2.0 4D68T as I know). The engine is widely shared between other Lancer models, Galants and Mirages so engine and mechanical parts will not be a big issue. But body parts are bit tricky to source but exactly the same as petrol version including interior. This issue is common to all vehicles of that era.

Don't know about fuel figures though.

Edited by hrm

Hi all,

I am currently having a Nissan B14 95' model 1300CC Auto car 300-. I have desided to go for a diesel car of around 1.4 mil. My concern is for a sedan with manual gear. Some suggest Mitsubishi cb8 and toyota corolla CE100. I am not much familier with diesel cars however I want it to give me like 14kmpl (long journey) if possible.

I would appreciate it a lot if you can suggest suitable cars for me more economical, comfort but on top of all whether parts are widely available. Heard CB8 is a good car but not much sure about parts and if any known problems.

Thank you

we own a cb8 for 19years...............

excellent on fuel.......

had to replace the gear box after doing 200,000+km, it was little difficult to found a manual gear box but ultimately got one for a reasonable price........

body parts are not rare .............

no other issues so far.

• Like 2