• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Gaming Wheels

ok guys...i am going to buy a gaming wheel and upgrade my pc as soon as my A/L s finish...i always like to play racing games(specially sim racing games) .i really like to buy the logitech G27 gaming wheel,i am sure my mother will never give 40000/= to buy a gaming wheel,so i thaught of going to buy the "logitech driving force gt" gaming wheel wich cost nearly 20000/=

1.what do you guys think about the "driving force gt wheel" has any one used this wheel?

2.other than logitech is there any other brand wich offers the same features of the G27(h pattern shifter and clutch)

plz share your ideas :) :) :) :)

Edited by dreamracer

you're not sure if your mother will give you 40,000 for a gaming wheel...

i think you might get a thundering slap!! lol.

i dunno mate, i was a gamer back in the day, and i preferred the arrow keys. i've used the wheel and felt very disconnected. but then again, i'm an arcade racer. not a sim fan. NFS FTW!

what are you planning to use it on? trust me it'll have to be a g27. if you cant afford it now save up and buy it later. its really that good.

@komi I had one of those wheels when I was doing my o/ls. I only bought it cos I badly wanted a wheel. at the same time I got hold of this game called mercedes benz world racing. It was a sim game and i remember switching traction control off and pulling off some decent powerslides.

This was way before tokyo drift and I only saw it as a way of steering with the rear wheels. Still I found it pretty cool. If I knew a thing or two about car control then I could have been more gentle with the throttle and the steering inputs making the slides much much longer. which is what you can't do with a keyboard

Anyway can't wait to get my own g27 so I can have a go at it again on gt5

you're not sure if your mother will give you 40,000 for a gaming wheel...

i think you might get a thundering slap!! lol.

i dunno mate, i was a gamer back in the day, and i preferred the arrow keys. i've used the wheel and felt very disconnected. but then again, i'm an arcade racer. not a sim fan. NFS FTW!

yup you are correct komi .... :sport-smiley-004:

Got a steering wheel pedals the whole thing for PS ( long time ago), after three days was back to the joypad. For me it was annoying and difficult. Maybe you could try first and decide.

i have tried the g27 once and i felt in love with it..i played "dirt 3" the feedback from the wheel was amazing

what are you planning to use it on? trust me it'll have to be a g27. if you cant afford it now save up and buy it later. its really that good.

@komi I had one of those wheels when I was doing my o/ls. I only bought it cos I badly wanted a wheel. at the same time I got hold of this game called mercedes benz world racing. It was a sim game and i remember switching traction control off and pulling off some decent powerslides.

This was way before tokyo drift and I only saw it as a way of steering with the rear wheels. Still I found it pretty cool. If I knew a thing or two about car control then I could have been more gentle with the throttle and the steering inputs making the slides much much longer. which is what you can't do with a keyboard

i will mostly play nfs shift 2,dirt,f1 mostly sim racing games,i have to agree with u jadey g27 is the ultimate choice if u are a sim racer...to tell u the truth i have already started to save up,since i am a student it took me bloody 5 months to save up 10000/= :sport-smiley-027:

any experience with the logitech driving force gt?

ok guys...i am going to buy a gaming wheel and upgrade my pc as soon as my A/L s finish...i always like to play racing games(specially sim racing games) .i really like to buy the logitech G27 gaming wheel,i am sure my mother will never give 40000/= to buy a gaming wheel,so i thaught of going to buy the "logitech driving force gt" gaming wheel wich cost nearly 20000/=

1.what do you guys think about the "driving force gt wheel" has any one used this wheel?

2.other than logitech is there any other brand wich offers the same features of the G27(h pattern shifter and clutch)

plz share your ideas :) :) :) :)

Save that money and get ur self an ATI 6970 if u can afford buy a 7970.. u wont regret. :grinning-smiley-003:

Bought a Genius Driving Force thingy some time back, and regretted it. Was soon back to the keyboard. But recently a friend was selling a Logitec Momo wheel for a decent price, and I thought "what the heck?"... Absolutely love it, great for all kinds of games, although not as relaxing as using the good old keys. Unfortunately haven't been using ot much lately due to the demands of life, but my advice is: Don't cheap out on a wheel. A keyboard is definitely more rewarding than a cheapo steering wheel. How about a used G25 if money is tight?

Save that money and get ur self an ATI 6970 if u can afford buy a 7970.. u wont regret. :grinning-smiley-003:

and enjoy a life of bad drivers and micro stuttering with AMD card's. :sad-smiley-066:

@OP if i was you i would get a mechanical keyboard for that price.

i will mostly play nfs shift 2,dirt,f1 mostly sim racing games,i have to agree with u jadey g27 is the ultimate choice if u are a sim racer...to tell u the truth i have already started to save up,since i am a student it took me bloody 5 months to save up 10000/= :sport-smiley-027:

any experience with the logitech driving force gt?

Hey that's not bad at all for a student, good job buddy! Now if you really want to make money; I have an uncle in Nigeria who can double that for you in just two days...

Couldn't agree more with Jady. If you can compromise a bit on the PC upgrade and use some of that money for the wheel. Its really worth it.

If you are planning to use the SIM racing games for the PC, believe me you can do a whole lot less with Graphics & Processor. Here are my specs:

Processor : Core2Duo 1.8MHz

MB : El Cheapo Asus MB which I don't even bother memorizing the model of

RAM : 4GB DDR3

VGA : NVidia GeForce GTS 450 1GB DDR5

HDD : 200GB SATA with no fancy RAID or anything

Sound : SoundBlaster Xfi Fatality (Cos I cant compromise on Audio, but this may not be a priority for you)

I can play most of the sims with full graphics or mid graphics with no or very less issues @ 1080p resolution

• iRacing (Awesome Realism & My #1 Choice)
  • LFS (Realism is really really close to iRacing and a fantastic piece of kit. Many thanks to AL member 'Silver Racer' for recommending this)
  • Race07 (Base, GT Power Expansion, Retro Expansion, RaceOn Expansion - Many Cars, Realistic Engine Sound, best overall experience with a bit of a compromise on Realism)
  • SimBin GTR (This is a way older Game with Fantastic Physics)
  • rFactor (Customizable platform with many many tracks & cars developed by a community. Not as realistic as iRacing but a good Sim)
  • NFS 5 Porsche unleashed (Call me crazy but this has good physics. Not up to Sim grade but when you are tired of concentrating on your lap times this is a great way of cooling off)

I can even play Race07 3D via Discover Glasses (Refresh rate of the TV is not enough for stereophonic) with medium graphics.

Believe me mate when you are immersed in the experience of a sim you don't have time to admire the details of the trees that you are passing by and how the reflection of the passing car is drawn on your cars body. You really really have to concentrate on achieving the best racing line, which gear to be in, on the grip that you've got etc.

Hope this helps.

Cheers,

K9M

used my ati 4850 for nearly 4 years never had single problem..

i'm talking about HD7000 series it have micro stuttering problem frame latency problem and if you crossfire two of them the problem get way worst apart from them when the next gen AMD GPU's release they will forget about previous gen that mean previous gen cards don't received driver performance upgrades like in Nvidia they still give drive performance upgrade to previous gen cards for games play smoothness Nvidia is ahead of AMD.

sorry for going OT. :sport-smiley-004:

Live for Speed and G27 (Logitech Momo, then G25 and finally a G27). Oh the countless hours I've spent on that sim. I've tried Iracing, but to me, there is something quite disconcerting about that sim. Never felt quite at home as LFS... Quite a fan of the SIMBIN stuff too. :)

K9M - what's your LFS ID?

thanks in advanse for your ideas guys :)

@esdeez thanka for openning my eyes on the g27(completely forgot it)

the main reason i am playing sim type games because....u know i got no"deep pockets" to do the real thing out there on the track :(

@K9m and silver looks like u are completely drowned in the "sim" world :)

i have never played iracing and lfs how does it feel guys?what tracks and cars are there?

According to K9m s specs on sim racing i only need to upgrade my graphic card and another 2GB DDR3 ram..

Haha, I once was. Sadly not any more, simply don't have the time to dedicate for hours on the "track".

Iracing probably got everything that you want - but however you do need very deep pockets! :D

http://www.iracing.com - the tracks makes my eyes water.

LFS is sadly aging and its got limited content (most of it is fictitious). But its relatively cheap(er) and will provide you without hours and hours of fun. Its great fun even with the mouse/keyboard. IMO, its pretty realistic. Singleplayer ain't as fun (the AI can do with the bit more AI), but all the fun lies in the online racing scene.

Another to keep you eyes on is Asserto Corsahttp://www.assettocorsa.net/en/) and project cars (http://www.wmdportal.com/projects/cars/).

Live for Speed and G27 (Logitech Momo, then G25 and finally a G27). Oh the countless hours I've spent on that sim. I've tried Iracing, but to me, there is something quite disconcerting about that sim. Never felt quite at home as LFS... Quite a fan of the SIMBIN stuff too. :)

K9M - what's your LFS ID?

Hey matey,

Will PM you my LFS ID.

When you introduced LFS to me I didn't like it much primarily because of the cars & tracks not having the correct names and stuff took me a bit away from the SIM aspect. However LFS really grows on you buddy. Now I love playing it and am used to the handling and other characteristics of the game. Still don't love the fact that I cant directly attribute the feeling to a real life car or a track. With that and in terms of physics iRacing is still a bit above on my scale.

Love the SIMBIN stuff for the completeness of the overall experience, Cars, Tracks, sounds, visuals supports NVidia 3D vision etc. Since I don't own a PS2 or a PS3 to immerse in the GT4 GT5 experience, this is the closest I can get.

Cheers,

K9M

@ dreamracer:

Dude, isn't that why anyone would engage in the SIM world. Our Director Sales Strategy owns a Maserati Trofeo GT3 Cup pumping 450BHP, has his own racing team, spends over $20,000 every quarter just for racing. If I can have that guys life I will not be drawn in this many sims as well :)

Check the details out at http://www.iracing.com and http://www.lfs.net. LFS do have real life cars and tracks but they have used there own names I think to save licensing fees etc.