• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Toyota Hiace Transmission Problem

wickrama

Question

I have a toyota hiace (1997- LH113)

my problem is above vehicle has manual Gear box, but originaly came with automatic gear box.

this vehicle has perfect running condition ( clutch plate presure plate are perfect, resently replaced)

but i can't pass 120Kmph. but 0-100kmph can get easily.

some one say. when replace auto gear to manual. we should replace the differensial also..

Is that correct or wrong..

is there any different between auto and manual DIFFERENTIAL system ......

:speechless-smiley-003:

13 answers to this question

im not an expert on this but as far as i know vans put out most of there torque on the lower end of the rev band as they are made for transporting goods which must be the reason why you can do 0-100km/h quite fast but the acceleration drops afterwards. experts correct me if im wrong

bdw did you compare your van to a similar one?

Now why would you want to take a van over 120kmph anyway? Its a van, not a race car. Its unsafe. Not just for you, but for everyone in the immediate vicinity. It has all the aerodynamics of a brick, a high center of gravity and a heavy front with a light rear.

Stop being a menace to the public and drive properly. Otherwise, sell the damn thing and buy a proper performance car.

Now why would you want to take a van over 120kmph anyway? Its a van, not a race car. Its unsafe. Not just for you, but for everyone in the immediate vicinity. It has all the aerodynamics of a brick, a high center of gravity and a heavy front with a light rear.

Stop being a menace to the public and drive properly. Otherwise, sell the damn thing and buy a proper performance car.

but the thing is i have another toyota hiace (1992 ), that can ride above 150 kmph (on southern expressway) easily..

:speechless-smiley-004:

Edited by wickrama

but the thing is i have another toyota hiace (1992 ), that can ride above 150 kmph (on southern expressway) easily..

Haven't you feel that it's trying to fly or something ??? anyway be careful

Have you written your Last Will??????

Edited by Batteries

Exactly what i was thinking. Pushing van beyond 100 is playing with your life.

Someone needs to take your license away and ban you from driving for life.

@ wickrama

God has given you a gift in the form of a speed limited 1997 Hiace. Enjoy it and sell the other one. He will not be there for you a second time around.

Edited by Rumesh88