• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Post Whoring - Part 2

MADZ

Yep me thinks its a Gloria as well, looks like the other emblem on the grill says Gloria. bdw Gloria and Cedric are same right?

Gloria was originally a Prince Motor Car Company car just like the original Skyline. Believe they were more upmarket at the time as well. Once they merged they ran the same underpinnings but with slightly different styling. The last batch of Gloria's were better looking cars than the Cedrics and believe they were more sportier. Sadly they dont make them anymore.

Gloria was originally a Prince Motor Car Company car just like the original Skyline. Believe they were more upmarket at the time as well. Once they merged they ran the same underpinnings but with slightly different styling. The last batch of Gloria's were better looking cars than the Cedrics and believe they were more sportier. Sadly they dont make them anymore.

So there wasn't a Cedric version of the one in the pic?

bdw was Gloria made for Japan or was it in for export markets?

So there wasn't a Cedric version of the one in the pic?

bdw was Gloria made for Japan or was it in for export markets?

The lines on the picture are very similar to the 230 series cedric / gloria's, but it is in fact a Toyota Cressida.

Not sure on whether the Gloria's were Japanese market only cars.

Edited by Gummybr

The lines on the picture are very similar to the 230 series cedric / gloria's, but it is in fact a Toyota Cressida.

That looked very Nissanish :speechless-smiley-003:

That script on the grille looks like it starts with "G". Gloria maybe?

I'm sure iRage will identify it correctly!

Ha ha ha....damn now I feel embarrassed...that is an old Toyota Cressida (mid 70s to late 79/early 80). The JDM version was badged as the (Toyopet Corona) Mark II, since it is in Japan what you see in the picture is a Mark II variant. The script with the "G" probably says "Grande" which is one of the grades of the Mark II. Came in a 2 door hardtop as well which actually looks pretty cool.

There is one for sale in Bandarawela...asking for 110,000 but negotiable.The owner claims the engine runs but apparently stopped working recently and owner has no idea why.

cressida2.jpgcressida1.jpg

Edited by iRage

As far as I know the Gloria and Cedric were both offered in export markets...I can remember seeing both in Saudi Arabia when I was a kid...and I think it would have made it to other markets as well until the point where Nissan decided to restrict the Cedric/Gloria predominantly to the domestic market and limited export markets(much like the Crown).

As gummy bear (or was it Magnum) mentioned the Gloria was PMC's upscale saloon and the Cedric Nissan's competitor to it. When the two merged Nissan retained the two models and merged the platforms from the 230 series onwards. So there is a Gloria for the 230 and 330 series...pretty much the same car with some cosmetic differences. I think it was only in the 80s that they turned the Gloria in to a sporty version of the Cedric.

Edited by iRage

Ha ha ha....damn now I feel embarrassed...that is an old Toyota Cressida (mid 70s to late 79/early 80). The JDM version was badged as the (Toyopet Corona) Mark II, since it is in Japan what you see in the picture is a Mark II variant. The script with the "G" probably says "Grande" which is one of the grades of the Mark II. Came in a 2 door hardtop as well which actually looks pretty cool.

There is one for sale in Bandarawela...asking for 110,000 but negotiable.The owner claims the engine runs but apparently stopped working recently and owner has no idea why.

cressida2.jpgcressida1.jpg

Thanks iRage!. Is this car still on sale? Looks like a tough project though!

As far as I know the Gloria and Cedric were both offered in export markets...I can remember seeing both in Saudi Arabia when I was a kid...and I think it would have made it to other markets as well until the point where Nissan decided to restrict the Cedric/Gloria predominantly to the domestic market and limited export markets(much like the Crown).

As gummy bear (or was it Magnum) mentioned the Gloria was PMC's upscale saloon and the Cedric Nissan's competitor to it. When the two merged Nissan retained the two models and merged the platforms from the 230 series onwards. So there is a Gloria for the 230 and 330 series...pretty much the same car with some cosmetic differences. I think it was only in the 80s that they turned the Gloria in to a sporty version of the Cedric.

Yep I just went through some second hand Japanese cars sale sites, the Gloria seems to have more bling bling than the Cedric, like body kits and stuff

Thanks iRage!. Is this car still on sale? Looks like a tough project though!

Well its not that you cannot bring it back to its glory, just that you will have to spend a lot of sweat and tears during the whole process meaning you will be in and out of the garage a lot and not to mention the money you will have to put into it. The asking price is kinda too much for a car that is not running, so maybe you can get it cheaper.

Bandarawela eh? I remember there was an old Mitsubishi Galant Lambda rotting on the side of the road last year dont know if its still there. (Bandarawela Ella Road)

Bandarawela eh? I remember there was an old Mitsubishi Galant Lambda rotting on the side of the road last year dont know if its still there. (Bandarawela Ella Road)

So..uh..retirement spot for old barge like cars to rest their ailing cranks and joints ?

• MADZ locked this topic