• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Post Whoring - Part 2

MADZ

If you can eat it, you can kill it.

now food topic is about to divert to what is a sin and what not.. can eat it doesn't really mean can kill it :P but I'd agree if you had said, if you can eat you should bear the feeling that it had to die to stimulate your taste buds :D

now food topic is about to divert to what is a sin and what not.. can eat it doesn't really mean can kill it :P but I'd agree if you had said, if you can eat you should bear the feeling that it had to die to stimulate your taste buds :D

Well I can't say anything about sin because I do hunt deer, duck, turkey and rabbit too.

Well I can't say anything about sin because I do hunt deer, duck, turkey and rabbit too.

lol, I pointed the finger at the wrong man, rather on a sheer innocent fella compared to you. Apart from what you have being hunting, you just hunt down an old bloke.

If you can eat it, you can kill it.

well technically...i don't kill the fish :)

i just catch them and my boatman usually dispatch the catch... so my boatman is a sinner to the core :P

23585697928734360787734.jpg

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

14.5kg Giant Trevally....caught off mount lavinia.

well technically...i don't kill the fish :)

i just catch them and my boatman usually dispatch the catch... so my boatman is a sinner to the core :P

23585697928734360787734.jpg

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

14.5kg Giant Trevally....caught off mount lavinia.

Im going to make a wild guess

Rod: Pioneer yellow fin tuna

reel: Penn 330 GT????? do I win????

Nice fish BTW. You should join me for some fishing.

lol, I pointed the finger at the wrong man, rather on a sheer innocent fella compared to you. Apart from what you have being hunting, you just hunt down an old bloke.

lol.

Hunting is quite an experience though. Hiding in the woods, waiting for the prey.

Im going to make a wild guess

Rod: Pioneer yellow fin tuna

reel: Penn 330 GT????? do I win????

Nice fish BTW. You should join me for some fishing.

sorry mate...

the reel is a penn senator 9/0...

rod is something i got off ebay australia for pretty cheap...it's a 20 class one-piece rod and i got two of them for about 9k slr :)

and thanks....this guy put up a good fight... a good 30mins and nearly broke the cd14 into two... :)

got me 1st runners up at ceylon sea anglers west coast troll last year :)

sorry mate...

the reel is a penn senator 9/0...

rod is something i got off ebay australia for pretty cheap...it's a 20 class one-piece rod and i got two of them for about 9k slr :)

and thanks....this guy put up a good fight... a good 30mins and nearly broke the cd14 into two... :)

got me 1st runners up at ceylon sea anglers west coast troll last year :)

ahhh I was wrong. My rods look the same. with two I'm running two pioneer (pretty cheap) with one penn special senator and a cheap roddy hunter reel on the other. Thinking of upgrading to a couple of penn internationals....costs a bit though.

ahhh I was wrong. My rods look the same. with two I'm running two pioneer (pretty cheap) with one penn special senator and a cheap roddy hunter reel on the other. Thinking of upgrading to a couple of penn internationals....costs a bit though.

yeah...the internationals cost quite a bit but the lever drag is worth it if you can stomach the price...

got an international 80W...also a senator 12/0.... the two biggest reels i own... at the moment at least :D

yeah...the internationals cost quite a bit but the lever drag is worth it if you can stomach the price...

got an international 80W...also a senator 12/0.... the two biggest reels i own... at the moment at least :D

So I take it your like me? More gear than fish caught?

So I take it your like me? More gear than fish caught?

in a way yeah... i've not had anything significant to truly put those reels to the test...

lures like the mann's g50+ had been trolled only once with no luck and that too retrieving the bloody thing is a royal pain in the butt...even when the boat was stopped :P

in a way yeah... i've not had anything significant to truly put those reels to the test...

lures like the mann's g50+ had been trolled only once with no luck and that too retrieving the bloody thing is a royal pain in the butt...even when the boat was stopped :P

I kow how you feel. I have a few pretty big x-rap lures that need almost the same effort it takes to reel in a fish.

lol you got to be kidding :P

lol "apoo mama beef nan kanne na .. wena one masak .. " (translation - ohh no no, I eat any red meat but beef..)

Harshan

so you only eat red meat and not white? :P

JdNet

if you're on fb you can join "SRI LANKA SPORTFISHING GROUP" :)

So does anyone think our McDonalds should be voted as the worst in the world? I think is Sudan were to open a McDonalds selling rat meat, it would taste a lot better.

Speaking of Mc Donalds and Customer satisfaction.. has anyone had one of their meals lately? they advertise their meals as "sandwhich+large drink + large fries" and advertise it at a particular price (in my purchase case a vegetable something sandwhich at 360) and when you goto the cashier they say its 400. And when i say that the board says 360 then he says thats the large meal this is the extra large meal. i was like "WTF I ordered the large, and this is what you gave me, so charge me what you advertise it at"..... this let to a huge argument and the manager there (Rajagiriya) to avoid making a scene, told me that they were in the process of revising their prices and hence gave it at the advertised price. Then when i was on my way to the airport went to the drive-through at wattala (or that area, near the navy camp) and fellows tried the same shit on me... i was quite suprised that tere was no change in their method of business... Was dam tempted to goto consumer protection but been out of the country since so couldnt follow up...Anyone else gone through this too?

But i agree, McDonalds Sri Lanka quality sucks compared to anywhere else...

Speaking of Mc Donalds and Customer satisfaction.. has anyone had one of their meals lately? they advertise their meals as "sandwhich+large drink + large fries" and advertise it at a particular price (in my purchase case a vegetable something sandwhich at 360) and when you goto the cashier they say its 400. And when i say that the board says 360 then he says thats the large meal this is the extra large meal. i was like "WTF I ordered the large, and this is what you gave me, so charge me what you advertise it at"..... this let to a huge argument and the manager there (Rajagiriya) to avoid making a scene, told me that they were in the process of revising their prices and hence gave it at the advertised price. Then when i was on my way to the airport went to the drive-through at wattala (or that area, near the navy camp) and fellows tried the same shit on me... i was quite suprised that tere was no change in their method of business... Was dam tempted to goto consumer protection but been out of the country since so couldnt follow up...Anyone else gone through this too?

But i agree, McDonalds Sri Lanka quality sucks compared to anywhere else...

bait and switch?

Never happened to me. I guess they are better off not trying it on me since I would not have left it alone. BTW an extra large meal here seems to be a medium meal by international standards and we pay the same pricve as ever other country in the world to get substandard food. I was under the impression that mcdonalds checked the quality in every outlet. I've eaten it at quite a few countries and never tasted anything as bad as here. My last order I got soggy fries, burnt burger and a flat coke. I haven't been there since.

• MADZ locked this topic