• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Need Advice On Car Registration

sadamal

thank you for all of your advices. Actualy I resently sold my car and buyer asked to fill transfer paper to him. By mistake I was unable to get I MT6 A ( RMV copy ) and only get MT6 A1 copy ( my copy ). Later on I got to know I need to send to RMV.

What can I do for this can I send MT6 A1 copy to RMB ( In that case I will lost proof of sold vehicle ).

Is this called the 'open paper' to sold a vehicle ?

What is the best I can do for this issue ?

Could you kindly give your adivices :speechless-smiley-006:

Edited by sadamal

What can I do for this can I send MT6 A1 copy to RMB ( In that case I will lost proof of sold vehicle ).

Is this called the 'open paper' to sold a vehicle ?

What is the best I can do for this issue ?

Could you kindly give your adivices :speechless-smiley-006:

It is not open papers as long as you have stated the transferee's name on the signed and dated papers handed over to the buyer. Hence the buyer must submit the transfer papers to the RMV within 14 days to avoid a penalty. However, if he does not produce them and get the vehicle involved in some nefarious activity, it will be traced back to you unless you send the MT6 to RMV. (Even if you do if they have not taken care to enter it then again you could be in a bit of a trouble). My advice is to keep a copy and send the form to RMV. Whenever I sell a car usually I get the payment deposited in my account with a note in the deposit slip stating the purpose for which the money was deposited. That's a much better proof of the transaction for both parties.

Edited by Rumesh88

It is not open papers as long as you have stated the transferee's name on the signed and dated papers handed over to the buyer. Hence the buyer must submit the transfer papers to the RMV within 14 days to avoid a penalty. However, if he does not produce them and get the vehicle involved in some nefarious activity, it will be traced back to you unless you send the MT6 to RMV. (Even if you do if they have not taken care to enter it then again you could be in a bit of a trouble). My advice is to keep a copy and send the form to RMV. Whenever I sell a car usually I get the payment deposited in my account with a note in the deposit slip stating the purpose for which the money was deposited. That's a much better proof of the transaction for both parties.

If something went wrong with the vehicle, could I produce my signed copy of MT6 A1 ( with buyer and referies even signed ) as a leagal pfroof ? Will it be a valid one proof even I havent submit MT6 A to RMV ?

If something went wrong with the vehicle, could I produce my signed copy of MT6 A1 ( with buyer and referies even signed ) as a leagal pfroof ? Will it be a valid one proof even I havent submit MT6 A to RMV ?

Of course you can and that is what it is for. Only thing is depending on the seriousness of the involvement you may have to establish your case in a court of law because there can be an argument against the authenticity of your claim. But if the RMV has already noted the transfer they too will be on your side and you may not get involved in the legal process at all. Even if you do then you have a much stronger claim than before. If you decide to post your form to RMV do it under registered post and keep the slip. U

Of course you can and that is what it is for. Only thing is depending on the seriousness of the involvement you may have to establish your case in a court of law because there can be an argument against the authenticity of your claim. But if the RMV has already noted the transfer they too will be on your side and you may not get involved in the legal process at all. Even if you do then you have a much stronger claim than before. If you decide to post your form to RMV do it under registered post and keep the slip. U

Hi Rumesh88

Thank you very much for your explanation and advice.