• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Japanese Car News

Magnum

New Prius

"Based on the Toyota New Global Architecture (TNGA), the hybrid model is expected to be significantly more efficient than the third-gen Prius. Power will be provided by a hybrid system, consisting of a 1.8-liter petrol unit and an electric motor with a total output of 150 PS (110 kW).

The electric range will likely be increased from 11 miles (17.7 km) to 35 miles (56 km) thanks to the improved battery pack."

11895188_949424918433754_254463280765210

11921858_949424905100422_352321066847286

Edited by Magnum

New Prius

"Based on the Toyota New Global Architecture (TNGA), the hybrid model is expected to be significantly more efficient than the third-gen Prius. Power will be provided by a hybrid system, consisting of a 1.8-liter petrol unit and an electric motor with a total output of 150 PS (110 kW).

The electric range will likely be increased from 11 miles (17.7 km) to 35 miles (56 km) thanks to the improved battery pack."

11895188_949424918433754_254463280765210

11921858_949424905100422_352321066847286

Yupp...still looks ugly....granted I have to admit that the initial gag reflex is a bit softer now....

Yupp...still looks ugly....granted I have to admit that the initial gag reflex is a bit softer now....

At present it looks ugly to me...but I will give it some time, to be honest I find most Toyotas ugly at first and then they start looking ok or good

Toyota has shown us the next gen Yaris/Vitz before but this time around they showcased a Yaris/Vitz convertible. I find it quite cool looking but I don't think it will ever make it to production. After all they did the same with the Aqua and that never came about :(

AAdNDD4_zpseq7kxkb1.jpgAAdNdNs_zps5fpkugjp.jpgAAdNNZc_zpsf6dnkwal.jpgAAdNlxV_zpscxbeij3j.jpg

Toyota has shown us the next gen Yaris/Vitz before but this time around they showcased a Yaris/Vitz convertible. I find it quite cool looking but I don't think it will ever make it to production. After all they did the same with the Aqua and that never came about :(

AAdNNZc_zpsf6dnkwal.jpgAAdNlxV_zpscxbeij3j.jpg

Forget the convertible, is the standard hatch coming into production? I cant seem to find the article on it

Edited by Magnum

Any idea on the 1.5L SKYACTIV-D diesel Mazda Demio?

228180_1.jpg

228180_3.jpg

My uncle-in-law got one and was delivered to him in February....it feels and sounds like a diesel...but it moves ! Don't feel any turbo lag and the turbo seamlessly boosts-in ad once it does you do feel the engine surge up. His one has some sports package so the ride is a bit stiff so I guess the standard one would be.

As for the Vitz..supposedly it will be. They will also be introducing it in Japan at the Tokyo Motorshow in Nov.

My uncle-in-law got one and was delivered to him in February....it feels and sounds like a diesel...but it moves ! Don't feel any turbo lag and the turbo seamlessly boosts-in ad once it does you do feel the engine surge up. His one has some sports package so the ride is a bit stiff so I guess the standard one would be.

As for the Vitz..supposedly it will be. They will also be introducing it in Japan at the Tokyo Motorshow in Nov.

It has a turbo? I didnt know that. Maybe thats the reason behind its torque figures. If theres no turbo lag I guess it has a VNT turbo, my Hiace has VNT and dont feel any turbo lag either.

Hows the fuel economy? rear seat space? and how much did it cost him?

The Vitz looks good compared to Toyota's other recent models

Edited by Magnum

It has a turbo? I didnt know that. Maybe thats the reason behind its torque figures. If theres no turbo lag I guess it has a VNT turbo, my Hiace has VNT and dont feel any turbo lag either.

Hows the fuel economy? rear seat space? and how much did it cost him?

The Vitz looks good compared to Toyota's other recent models

Yes it does...no idea what kind of turbo it has. I really wasn't interested 9after the diesel Axela experience) in driving it and did so only because he insisted and I didn't want to be rude. It was okay...like I said..felt like a diesel sounded like a diesel but moved. Rear space....seemed okay. Didn't sit in the back myself but my aunt-in-law was sitting in the back and she seemed to sit there okay and she is tall for a japanese lady (about 5'9")

He said around 2.7mil after registration and everything...but then again he got some sports package stuff and ridiculous stuff like side decals that run along the body that costs something like 25,000yen, red stitched seats at about another 30,000, etc....so..yeah...he had an Evo X which he gave this up for this so the guy is trying to compensate I guess :)

Yes it does...no idea what kind of turbo it has. I really wasn't interested 9after the diesel Axela experience) in driving it and did so only because he insisted and I didn't want to be rude. It was okay...like I said..felt like a diesel sounded like a diesel but moved. Rear space....seemed okay. Didn't sit in the back myself but my aunt-in-law was sitting in the back and she seemed to sit there okay and she is tall for a japanese lady (about 5'9")

He said around 2.7mil after registration and everything...but then again he got some sports package stuff and ridiculous stuff like side decals that run along the body that costs something like 25,000yen, red stitched seats at about another 30,000, etc....so..yeah...he had an Evo X which he gave this up for this so the guy is trying to compensate I guess :)

So this is in Japan eh? I read about Mazda's diesel and it seems Japanese are liking it, usually Japanese market is known for gasoline cars.

Yeah the Vitz looks good, love the convertible, hope it will make it to productions. Prius looks ugly at first but we will probably like it in the end.

They should make a hybrid version of the Vitz, maybe with a powerful motor than the Aqua one and market it as a sports hybrid with fancy body kits

Edited by Magnum

So this is in Japan eh? I read about Mazda's diesel and it seems Japanese are liking it, usually Japanese market is known for gasoline cars.

Yes it is in Japan :) Sorry for the confussion. I don't think it will make it to SL because of the duty/tax structure. It being a diesel and all...

Since 2005 the Japanese were not offered Diesel passenger cars. The emission regulations for diesel passenger cars were way too strict that most manufacturers simply didn't make any diesels for the Japanese market. A few years after that the Euro diesels started coming in but those were too expensive and most were not classified as Eco-cars making it expensive to own. Cars like the X-Trail and Pajero although offered in Diesels were too big for most I guess and owning was expensive as the road tax was greater than the gasoline variants and diesel is a bit more expensive than petrol. Also I think diesels for the most part were considered to be long haul cars and since most Japanese don't use their cars that much I guess they didn't see the need for diesels. So in away the SkyActiv-D is kind of a new thing in the market and to make it even more attractive it gets categorized as an eco-car.

Yes it is in Japan :) Sorry for the confussion. I don't think it will make it to SL because of the duty/tax structure. It being a diesel and all...

Since 2005 the Japanese were not offered Diesel passenger cars. The emission regulations for diesel passenger cars were way too strict that most manufacturers simply didn't make any diesels for the Japanese market. A few years after that the Euro diesels started coming in but those were too expensive and most were not classified as Eco-cars making it expensive to own. Cars like the X-Trail and Pajero although offered in Diesels were too big for most I guess and owning was expensive as the road tax was greater than the gasoline variants and diesel is a bit more expensive than petrol. Also I think diesels for the most part were considered to be long haul cars and since most Japanese don't use their cars that much I guess they didn't see the need for diesels. So in away the SkyActiv-D is kind of a new thing in the market and to make it even more attractive it gets categorized as an eco-car.

I heard you can bring this down for permit somewhere between 4-5mil range

bdw is it possible to get "shaken" for a lowered vehicle?

I heard you can bring this down for permit somewhere between 4-5mil range

bdw is it possible to get "shaken" for a lowered vehicle?

Yes but no......without a shaken a car cannot be driven on the road. Since there are lowered cars on the road yes the shaken is given to lowered cars...as well as cars with exhaust mods, engine mods, etc...granted it depends on the degree of modifications. As long as it meets regulations you can get it. The hitch is the regulations only allow a small deviation from the standard specs. So in some cases people just rip out the mods before the shaken inspection and then put it back on after they get it.

Yes but no......without a shaken a car cannot be driven on the road. Since there are lowered cars on the road yes the shaken is given to lowered cars...as well as cars with exhaust mods, engine mods, etc...granted it depends on the degree of modifications. As long as it meets regulations you can get it. The hitch is the regulations only allow a small deviation from the standard specs. So in some cases people just rip out the mods before the shaken inspection and then put it back on after they get it.

In Aussie you cant get road worthy certificate if the car is lowered or has a spoiler that comes in view on the rear view mirror

and from Toyota...the Prius will be revealed on the 8 or September....oh boy...

and Toyota Europe apparently will be introducing this as the 2016 Yaris for Europe....

20150902-10229403-carview-000-1-view.jpg

which, quite disappointingly, is pretty much the same as the current model with some minor changes to grades and body panels. What the heck happened to the Yaris shown in Jakarta ???!!!

And India pushes out Hybrids...

20150903-10229475-carview-000-1-view.jpg20150903-10229475-carview-001-1-view.jpg

Toyota is already selling the Camry hybrid and Prius in India,

Maybe this one is 'made in India'

and from Toyota...the Prius will be revealed on the 8 or September....oh boy...

and Toyota Europe apparently will be introducing this as the 2016 Yaris for Europe....

20150902-10229403-carview-000-1-view.jpg

which, quite disappointingly, is pretty much the same as the current model with some minor changes to grades and body panels. What the heck happened to the Yaris shown in Jakarta ???!!!

Probably thats the Asian model

Suzuki has just launched its brand new compact MPV, the Suzuki Solio. It comes in two variants – the standard Solio (left) and the higher-specced Solio Bandit (right). A new addition to the range is Suzuki’s Mild Hybrid technology, which allows the new model to achieve an average fuel consumption of 27.8 km per litre on the JC08 cycle.

Under the bonnet is a 1.2 litre K12C Dual Jet engine that makes a humble 90 hp and 118 Nm of torque, mated to a CVT gearbox. Attached to it is the Mild Hybrid pack, which consists of an Integrated Starter Generator, a lithium-ion battery, stop-start system and brake-energy recuperation.

http://paultan.org/2015/09/04/2016-suzuki-solio-and-bandit-hybrid-debut-in-japan/

Damn, they went for engines over 1000cc. So no luck tax wise for these here. :(

Edited by B2Spirit

The Solio has always been more than 1000cc (it isnt new, just that a new model was launched). Since the size was small and almost within kei car range a lot of the tax breaks were still a0plicable for it in Japan. The new Solio Bandit looks pretty nice actually.

EDIT : I thought I posted a pic of a high spec Bandit in my last post about the Solio but it was not there and the banner pic fron the Suzuki website dissapeared as well. Hmmm...forum + mobile = bad combo

Edited by iRage

The Solio has always been more than 1000cc (it isnt new, just that a new model was launched). Since the size was small and almost within kei car range a lot of the tax breaks were still a0plicable for it in Japan. The new Solio Bandit looks pretty nice actually.

EDIT : I thought I posted a pic of a high spec Bandit in my last post about the Solio but it was not there and the banner pic fron the Suzuki website dissapeared as well. Hmmm...forum + mobile = bad combo

i posted couple of pics earlier