• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Old Vs New Speedometer Reading

Nissan cdj

If we take a vehicle which is old yom 1993 and a new vehicle yom of 2008. if the old vehicle is at a speed of 60 kmph on its speedometer is it same on the new vehicle too or not ? which boh are in the oem condition which is not modified even by changing tyres and all etc

thnx in advance

Just because a car got older densest mean the laws of physics change unless you mess with tyre settings and all.

+1

No matter how old the vehicle is, if you're vehicle is travelling at 60kmph, the speedo will show 60kmph.

Nishan. maybe you should have given some more details on WHY you're asking this question, cos purely based on what you have asked, you sound retarded. If your intention is to simpl plug in the 2008 vehicle's speedo onto the 1993 vehicle, there's a a VERY high possibility that it wont work.

• Like 3

i am asking if a vanette 1993 which has LD20 2.0 engine and a Susuki grand escudo 2004 which has a V6 engine if both the vehicles are travelling at the speed of 60 kmph on the both speedometers would it be the same speed both the vehicles are travelling.and i am not bothering about the start up pick up

Thnx in advance

ohh FFS!!

NIshan THIS is you!

edit: That gives me an idea. Next time I get pulled over for speeding, I'm gonna say "No no ralahami...it may have said 95kmph on your speed gun, but it was only 46 in my car, so its not speeding".

Edited by Watchman
  • Like 1

If you're wondering if the accuracy of the speedo degrades over time (with no mods done to the vehicle), then that's hardly the case. What's the actual problem you're having?

ohh FFS!!

NIshan THIS is you!

This clip actually came into my mind while I was reading the first post. :D

Whether its a nissan vannet or a bugatti veyron

when a manufacturer make a vehicle, they don't put a speedomether there just like that, to say that there is a speedometer.

whether its made in 1993 or 2013 there are standards they follow

they all go through a calibration process considering stuff like tires, gear ratios etc to get the correct reading for the vehicle

so that it will output the correct reading no matter how the specifications of a car is different.

• Like 1

when you travel at exact same speed in different vehicles the feeling of speed will be different .For example if you travel 80kmph in a maruti and 160kmph in a BMW in same road the feeling will be somewhat same.

You got a point there, maybe this is what is confusing the OP.

specially vehicles with lower ground clearance feel slower when compared to vehicles which are higher

If we take a vehicle which is old yom 1993 and a new vehicle yom of 2008. if the old vehicle is at a speed of 60 kmph on its speedometer is it same on the new vehicle too or not ? which boh are in the oem condition which is not modified even by changing tyres and all etc

thnx in advance

Actually in Year 1993 just after your vanette manufactured, scientists found a new planet orbiting near our planet earth, thus it had some gravitational pull or resistance where it affected the time, and as result time is going slower than it supposed to be. Therefore when you see someone travel in a Suzuki at 60Kmph, you can overtake them from your Vannette at same speed. Also if you are lucky enough you will be able to say cherio to them..

However by year 2008 vehicle manufactures found out the problem and the fixed it by adjusting the speedo. But there is not guarantee with will be a permanent solution as if the moon can fall down on your head any time and have a affect on you so that 1 second can be a 2 second in reality. If that is the case you will be able to over take your suzuki at speed of 30Kmph. Hope this clears your doubts.

Edited by MkX
  • Like 2

Actually in Year 1993 just after your vanette manufactured, scientists found a new planet orbiting near our planet earth, thus it had some gravitational pull or resistance where it affected the time, and as result time is going slower than it supposed to be. Therefore when you see someone travel in a Suzuki at 60Kmph, you can overtake them from your Vannette at same speed. Also if you are lucky enough you will be able to say cherio to them..

However by year 2008 vehicle manufactures found out the problem and the fixed it by adjusting the speedo. But there is not guarantee with will be a permanent solution as if the moon can fall down on your head any time and have a affect on you so that 1 second can be a 2 second in reality. If that is the case you will be able to over take your suzuki at speed of 30Kmph. Hope this clears your doubts.

Well said