• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Honda Fit Shuttle

shenithf

Dear All,

I just would like to know your comments about this honda fit shuttle. How would you rate this if one compare this with other hybrid cars of honda like insight and fit hatchback in terms of fuel efficiency, battery condition, acceleration and comfort level?. Please share your thoughts on this whether it is worth the price of paying around 3.5-3.7mnl to go for this hybrid car.

Thanks

Dear All,

I just would like to know your comments about this honda fit shuttle. How would you rate this if one compare this with other hybrid cars of honda like insight and fit hatchback in terms of fuel efficiency, battery condition, acceleration and comfort level?. Please share your thoughts on this whether it is worth the price of paying around 3.5-3.7mnl to go for this hybrid car.

Thanks

Guys any comments on the questions raised???

honda-fit-shuttle-hybrid-side-by-side.jp

Ok, find some details here,

http://www.motortrend.com/roadtests/hatchbacks/1107_honda_fit_shuttle_hybrid_first_drive/

honda-fit-shuttle-hybrid-rear-view.jpg

I'm driving a Fit hybrid and there's not much different in fuel consumption of both models due to improved aero-dynamic shape and low friction of Fit Shuttle. Added cargo space and comfort make it a good selection. Also Fit is like a real car not like ab......l looking Insight or Prius. And fun to drive too.. Since hybrid technology is still new, IMA battery life cannot assure in harsh conditions. But there are places to repair hybrid batteries instead of buying whole battery. 12V battery is the more frequent culprit to give trouble due to excessive load. Acceleration may compromise a bit because of increased weight than Fit hatchback. If it is well maintained car, price might be ok!

Edited by WCW

honda-fit-shuttle-hybrid-side-by-side.jp

Ok, find some details here,

http://www.motortrend.com/roadtests/hatchbacks/1107_honda_fit_shuttle_hybrid_first_drive/

honda-fit-shuttle-hybrid-rear-view.jpg

I'm driving a Fit hybrid and there's not much different in fuel consumption of both models due to improved aero-dynamic shape and low friction of Fit Shuttle. Added cargo space and comfort make it a good selection. Also Fit is like a real car not like ab......l looking Insight or Prius. And fun to drive too.. Since hybrid technology is still new, IMA battery life cannot assure in harsh conditions. But there are places to repair hybrid batteries instead of buying whole battery. 12V battery is the more frequent culprit to give trouble due to excessive load. Acceleration may compromise a bit because of increased weight than Fit hatchback. If it is well maintained car, price might be ok!

Thanks! This was very helpful!!!

• 3 months later...

+1 on WCW's comment

I have never driven one but have been on a Fit Hybrid Hatchback. but i do have checked one out. space wise it is better than the Fit. (Obviously)

Cant really comment of fuel economy But it has to be less than the Fit Hybrid (Obviously) since they both use the same engine.

But it wont be effecting too much since like WCW said they have done some aero-dynamical tweaks.

Value wise too its worth it. compared to a prius or even a prius alpha.

+1 on WCW's comment

I have never driven one but have been on a Fit Hybrid Hatchback. but i do have checked one out. space wise it is better than the Fit. (Obviously)

Cant really comment of fuel economy But it has to be less than the Fit Hybrid (Obviously) since they both use the same engine.

But it wont be effecting too much since like WCW said they have done some aero-dynamical tweaks.

Value wise too its worth it. compared to a prius or even a prius alpha.

tx Friend !

Only one thing to be concerned, when you buying a Shuttle. That is the extended length of front end! Possibility to kiss the road bumps thanks to our uneven roads same as Insight

• 1 year later...

Guys,

I'm also interested in buying a shuttle hybrid. My concern is whether the 1.3 engine is powerful enough to pull a fully loaded car especially in long distance uphill drives when the hybrid motor is not assisting?

And from current users any known issues?

Are there any Freed hybrid users, if so how will it be against the shuttle?

Thanks

Guys,

I'm also interested in buying a shuttle hybrid. My concern is whether the 1.3 engine is powerful enough to pull a fully loaded car especially in long distance uphill drives when the hybrid motor is not assisting?

And from current users any known issues?

Are there any Freed hybrid users, if so how will it be against the shuttle?

Thanks

Describe fully loaded.

A 1.3 engine is capable of pulling 4 adults with some luggage as many Suzukis and the Vitz prove in SL. Power output from engines have increased. Don't expect rapid acceloration though.

Describe fully loaded.

A 1.3 engine is capable of pulling 4 adults with some luggage as many Suzukis and the Vitz prove in SL. Power output from engines have increased. Don't expect rapid acceloration though.

Fully loaded in the sense 5 adults + luggage. I go on trips often. Freed should be better. But haven't been discussed in AL, is it?

Fully loaded in the sense 5 adults + luggage. I go on trips often. Freed should be better. But haven't been discussed in AL, is it?

To my expectation 1.3L engines are sufficient for 5 adults + luggage.

But would it be a comfortable trip having 5 people in it? And if its not a 1 day trip would the boot have enough space to carry stuff for 5 adults? To my experience even a normal sedan's boot is filled with bags when we go on trips with 4 people. To my taste 4 people is the max for a long trip in a car. Hope you understand the middle seat is not that comfortable to sit for a long drive right? And the person sitting the middle can't even stretch their legs..

But would it be a comfortable trip having 5 people in it? And if its not a 1 day trip would the boot have enough space to carry stuff for 5 adults? To my experience even a normal sedan's boot is filled with bags when we go on trips with 4 people. To my taste 4 people is the max for a long trip in a car. Hope you understand the middle seat is not that comfortable to sit for a long drive right? And the person sitting the middle can't even stretch their legs..

Yep. You are right. Freed is better space wise. But i don't fancy the looks!

Guys,

Im driving a Civic Hybrid which probably has the same weight as the Fit shuttle and same engine displacement. I climb Kadugannawa once a week without issues even with 4 passengers + driver. Only scenario i can think of which may be a problem for you is :

You stop in a steep hill.

IMA battery charge is empty (0 bars) and no assist is available.

You might have to rev hard and harder to start moving from the steep hill dead stop with that load.

Edited by ramishkad