• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Reducing Water In The Radiator And Mist On The Windscreen (Inside)

Iroshw

Question

Hi,

I have a Mitsubishi Lancer C62A (1991 - ASP Model). I have noticed that the water in the radiator is getting down all the time also there is a mist on the windscreen from inside. I also have noticed that there some water inside of the car floor (front left side).

Recently there was a leak in the radiator and fixed it. My AC is also not working due to a leak. I need an advice to get rid of this issue.

10 answers to this question

Better if you can clean up the a/c system that water on the left side carpet is due to blockage of a hose you can easily clean it...open the bonet and and check the passenger side wall for a small horse or a opening....that mist may be also due to some blockages in the vent holes...anyway for that radiator problem first check whether the radiator cap is leaking...may be the fixed radiator area leaking again...worst case could be a gasket...

First of all I think you need to I think radiator problem and AC problem is too different things.

The water in front left side could be leaky drainage hose or damaged insulation in AC cooler/compressor so that mist is gathering around the AC unit drop as water.

What kind of repair you did to the radiator? Most of the radiator repairs don’t last long unless it’s total top/bottom tank replacement from skilled workshop. Also check your pressure cap, and observe any water/coolant residue in radiator and also in reserve tank.

MKX:

There was a leak inside of the Radiator also another on the bottom side of the Radiator. I went to a place near Panchikawatta (alahakoon watte) and they closed both places and fixed it. They asked me to replace the main Radiator Horse (the bigger one fixing to the engine from the bottom of the radiator) since the horse is very old (has become a rubber horse). But I didn't do it due to lack of time.

I didn't use A/C for a long time since there is a huge leak. But I'm using the Fan when raining and directing the wind to the windscreen. Even yesterday I used the Fan and there was a huge mist after parking the car for few seconds. Same thing happend today in t he mroning as well.

I really don't know t he relationship between Radiator water reduction, Mist on the windscreen and water leak.

Check your heater coil or pipe lines for the heater. Car heater works with a water supply from the radiator. Maybe that could be the issue for water inside the car and the mist on the windscreen. Usually the hot water will not circulate unless you select the hot mode, but a faulty valve could send hot water without selecting the heater mode. If your heater is leaking an AC technician can fix it. If you don't use the heater you can permanently close that water lines and that could fix your problem. If you don't use the AC and you dont have a leak on the roof or windscreen, there is no other way for water to get inside the car..

• Like 1

Check your heater coil or pipe lines for the heater. Car heater works with a water supply from the radiator. Maybe that could be the issue for water inside the car and the mist on the windscreen. Usually the hot water will not circulate unless you select the hot mode, but a faulty valve could send hot water without selecting the heater mode. If your heater is leaking an AC technician can fix it. If you don't use the heater you can permanently close that water lines and that could fix your problem. If you don't use the AC and you dont have a leak on the roof or windscreen, there is no other way for water to get inside the car..

This is exactly what I was thinking when I read the post.

Guys,

I could fix the issue yesterday. The problem was with my heater. It was leaking water into the car through dashboard. The tech guy removed one line (out of In/Out Heater Water lines) and connected both lines from a single horse.

Please advise whether this will affect my car performance or engine? Now the radiator water level is normal. But last night I have noticed that the heat meter has increased a bit. I was shocked and stopped the car for a while and check the radiator and the additional water bottle which support radiator to suck water when needed. But both were fine and I started driving. I really can't understand why the heat meter indicated like that. This problem occurs very recently. Any idea?

According to my understanding, what your mechanic has done is prevented the water from entering the heater inside your car. What this will result in is the heater of your AC not functioning. Not actually a problem for a country like Sri Lanka, but some still like to have every component of the car in working order.

This doesn't affect your car's engine or performance. And I really don't see a reason for the temperature gauge to indicate higher than usual. Does the gauge fo beyond the ordinary level (half usually)?

Because you had a leak in the cooling systems ( inside the heater coil) before, im sure your system didn't get pressurized enough to maintain the correct running temperature. . Now that there is no leak, the system will get pressurized and in that case its normal for the engine temperature to go up slightly. As long as the pointer is at the middle or bit under on your guage, you have nothing to worry about. If it goes above that, better get it checked with a mechanic. One more thing, its a good idea to make sure there is no air trapped inside your system when ever you do a repairs related to cooling system cz this could easily overheat your engine.