• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Before Use Brand New Car

Senaratne

Hi Experts,

Brought a new car (zero Mileage) with the permit, is it necessary to do the service (Oil, coolant change etc.,) kindly advise some guide lines.

YOu need to buy us all beer... to bless the car... :)

cONGRATULATIONS.

Follow dealer/agent guideline. Normally first 1000kms drive gently,

Hi Experts,

Brought a new car (zero Mileage) with the permit, is it necessary to do the service (Oil, coolant change etc.,) kindly advise some guide lines.

Congrats !!! What is the make and the model of the vehicle?

Some of my recent experience with brand new vehicles as follows.

(1) Toyota Yaris (Japanese) from Toyota Lanka

1st service at 1000km but first engine oil change at 5000km

(2) Maruti Suzuki - Alto K10 - A*W

First engine oil change at 5000km

(3) Perodua Viva Elite - Unit#d Mot#rs

1st service and first engine oil change at 1000km

Better you call the Sri Lankan agent of the make if you have any doubt.

Drive miles with plenty of smiles... :)

Edited by Sampath Gunasekera

Many Thanks! Imported it through the ordinary car seller. As per them not necessary to change oil or do any service before 5,000km

You imported a 0 milage car thru an ordinary seller?

VVTi, I think someone else will need to buy this chap the beer to drown his sorrows.

Many Thanks! Imported it through the ordinary car seller. As per them not necessary to change oil or do any service before 5,000km

IMHO, there is no such thing as a 0 mileage car, even with fcty, you should at least have between 20-200Kms on the clock. Are you sure it is 0? How is it 0? Did they carry the car from the port to the shop? What is the car?

Long time back when we bought our first 121 from TL, even that car had 17kms.

IMHO, there is no such thing as a 0 mileage car, even with fcty, you should at least have between 20-200Kms on the clock. Are you sure it is 0? How is it 0? Did they carry the car from the port to the shop? What is the car?

Exactly!

The B/N Focus I got back in 2011 from the agent, had 50kms on the clock.

Maybe the person who sold the car is good at doctoring vehicles too!

The Brand New Punto we bought in 2011 had 150Kms on the clock. So like we are saying, get your chassis number and check through some Japanese authority for the correct mileage. 2013 is almost over and regardless of what the seller says, check again.

If its a 260 Premio, follow the usual toyota lanka service routine.

Do the first service at 1000km, you Do Not need to change the engine oil, cvt oil, coolant and others.

The first service is to check whether the car is coping up well, all they do is checking oil levels and checking whether all the nuts and bolts are fasten properly.

Basically you are just gonna get a good car wash from top to bottom.

Then the first engine oil change should be done at 5000km or one year whichever comes first

just saying, like the other members said 0 Millage is typical Car salesman BS also seems like whomever you bought the car off don't really know much about the cars as well.

As far as I understood, "0 mileage" does not mean that clock is exactly zero. Car is registered in Japan and then cancel the registration soon and import here as used/reconditioned vehicle. So clock may be few km. So people use this words "0 mileage". Correct me if I am wrong.

Once I read in an article that in USA, when you buy a brand new Hyundai SantaFe, each unit shows 37km at their clock as Hyundai testing track is 37km.

Edited by Sampath Gunasekera
  • Like 1

As far as I understood, "0 mileage" does not mean that clock is exactly zero. Car is registered in Japan and then cancel the registration soon and import here as used/reconditioned vehicle. So clock may be few km. So people use this words "0 mileage". Correct me if I am wrong.

Once I read in an article that in USA, when you buy a brand new Hyundai SantaFe, each unit shows 37km at their clock as Hyundai testing track is 37km.

Ours showed 87km :D

Edited by Clark's son

If its a 260 Premio, follow the usual toyota lanka service routine.

Do the first service at 1000km, you Do Not need to change the engine oil, cvt oil, coolant and others.

The first service is to check whether the car is coping up well, all they do is checking oil levels and checking whether all the nuts and bolts are fasten properly.

Basically you are just gonna get a good car wash from top to bottom.

Then the first engine oil change should be done at 5000km or one year whichever comes first

just saying, like the other members said 0 Millage is typical Car salesman BS also seems like whomever you bought the car off don't really know much about the cars as well.

On the contrary machan I would suggest changing engine oil and coolant immediately.

The reason is the car may have been added oil and coolant which is not suitable for our climate. It's better to change them. No need to change gear oil or brake oil though.

On the contrary machan I would suggest changing engine oil and coolant immediately.

The reason is the car may have been added oil and coolant which is not suitable for our climate. It's better to change them. No need to change gear oil or brake oil though.

Engine oil maybe, i really dont have any idea about that, but coolant i dont think so machan. afaik they use the same toyota pink coolant that we buy here from TL on the brand new jdm cars.

Congratulations :)

It is adviced to "take it easy" on the car for about 1000Km. The first service intervals vary from manufacturer to manufacturer. I was told to service mine at 5000 whereas my buddy was told to service his at 1000. Maybe you can speak to the edit: authorised dealer and they will be specific as to when you should get it serviced.

As mentioned, an absolute 0 odo is a bit strange. If you feel that the importers are dodgy, you might as well change the fuilds and filters for your peace of mind and take it from there.

Edited by Hoonigan

Members,

Even early days I can remember sometimes Vehicles were unloaded in Trinco harbor. Therefore most of them had the Mileage to Colombo.

Before shipment test driven Mileage export harbor from the dealers yard Mileage. I remember the vehicle my later farther purchased in 1951 was having 752 miles. This vehicle was shipped from a landlocked country.

Sylvi Wijesinghe.

Edited by Sylvi