• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Tacho Meters

Strikeee

No no I mean a place...

I got a free tacho meter as a penalty by an ebay seller. So now need to know where can i get it fixed

So, like I said, a place inside the car where you can see it, preferably. You can put it on the A Pillar.

Hahaha this is classic. Bugger's not being very specific, but based on his response to your first reply I think what the the fella wants is a recommendation for a 'place' as in a garage that can handle the installation of the tachometer... :D

If that's the case 'Strikeee', you should probably list where you are located. No point in giving you directions to a place in Mount if you live in Kandy is there?

Edited by Kavvz
  • Like 1

Strikeee

If you want to get same fitted. Good auto Electrician who has a wiring knowledge, can do same with wiring.

Where is your location,

There are two types of Taco meters, older ones are cable driven .Modern ones are electronically operated.

You have to fix on the meter cluster where you can observe quickly when you drive, without having a difficulty.

If not it will take little time for you to observe the reading and get back to your driving vision. Within that time.

Many things can happen when you are driving at very high speed on a road, where there are bends and road obstructions.

Sylvi Wijesinghe.

Edited by Sylvi

Hahaha this is classic. Bugger's not being very specific, but based on his response to your first reply I think what the the fella wants is a recommendation for a 'place' as in a garage that can handle the installation of the tachometer... :D

If that's the case 'Strikeee', you should probably list where you are located. No point in giving you directions to a place in Mount if you live in Kandy is there?

People need to ask the right questions to get the right answers... :)

Might I suggest something else?

Just because you got it free doesn't mean you need to stick it somewhere (which also means you didn't want it in the first place). It might end up looking out of place, and unless your car doesn't have a stock tacho, will serve no purpose.

Just my satha deka.

Honorable member Kawas,

Slyvi back with a vengeance huh? And making up for lost time- double quick I see !!

Above is your assessment. What is the offence I have done? You have a spelling mistake on my logging name to A/L.

I do not insult any member. Please understand that post was by mistake. No adition to my post number.

Therefore I corrected same. Please see the time difference of two posts.

I do not want to boast saying this is my 1000th post.

Insulting Members passing remarks are very common on this forum. I hope members will refrain from this action.

Sylvi Wijesinghe.

• Like 1

Honorable member Kawas,

Slyvi back with a vengeance huh? And making up for lost time- double quick I see !!

Above is your assessment. What is the offence I have done? You have a spelling mistake on my logging name to A/L.

I do not insult any member. Please understand that post was by mistake. No adition to my post number.

Therefore I corrected same. Please see the time difference of two posts.

I do not want to boast saying this is my 1000th post.

Insulting Members passing remarks are very common on this forum. I hope members will refrain from this action.

Sylvi Wijesinghe.

My comment was merely in jest Sylvi. But if I did inadvertently offend you I apologize: I'm sorry if my post implied that you are posting just to increase your post count.

Sylvi, kavvz is happy to have you back. That's all we understood from his statement. No malice intended.

Yeap, exactly so Sylvi. There was no malice intended.

My comment was merely in jest Sylvi. But if I did inadvertently offend you I apologize: I'm sorry if my post implied that you are posting just to increase your post count.

Yeap, exactly so Sylvi. There was no malice intended.

Mr. Kawz,

Forget my post. All OK. Thank you and Mr.Komisiripala.

S L will have few more Highways in future. I was the 65th person to travel on new Highway on Katunayaka to Colombo.

Happy motoring days in future. for all A/L members on Highways.

Sylvi Wijesinghe.

65th eh? I was like the 543,987th person and I also feel very special... :)

The chunk of happiness you get is inversely proportionate to your priority/turn to ride on the highway. So proportionately sylvi had a more than you. That's what he is saying... I'm sure the president got the biggest chunk (of happiness.. nothing else) out of the highway.