• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Express-Way Updates

Le Sabre

Question

dude what about A-Team? one of the best shows in he 80's. Going a little bit OT arnt we :D

I wonder why can't I remember those, (Automan, anyone ? )

oh Well, let's put an end to OT :D

nice explanation, can you highlight any thing i have post wrong. i ve only post good things, even you have written bad words, and claiming me what is the reason. if you really want to support to protect national resources just support it rather pointing me and issuing thousand talks. And try to respect each other, and their ideas, use good words, mind you this is a public forum

Hey so called 'Mini cooper' owner ,illegal street drag loving highwayman ..why gone subdue now? so how many people or AL forum members you caught so far ? Im still waiting for my turn to join AL jail inmates.

Now stop daydreaming of Coopers and being a law enforcer...get back to your corvee duties.

MINIACE

hahaha

http://www.autolanka...ay/page__st__90

http://www.autolanka...ay/page__st__21

"we can do it without any harm to any person or any place"

:D good ol days

ROFLMAO!! :sport-smiley-004: that was a very fun thread / prank indeed. I loved going through the posts of some who actually fell for it :D

Edited by Reckless

The speed limit has been increased to 120 km/h. I checked at the entry point. Anyone who is entering the road can double check at the booth and they will confirm.

Went today, at the galle entry they told us that we will be fined for speeding, the guy said even 120 will be fined...

Went today, at the galle entry they told us that we will be fined for speeding, the guy said even 120 will be fined...

Used the E01 today so I asked a cop stationed at the entry point about this speed limit confusion. According to him, anything including 120 km/h and above will be dealt with. According to him they tolerate anything upto 119 km/h. It's an unwritten rule they're enforcing so that all the motorist on the E01 won't be caught speeding.

Also according to him, deducing the speed via the entry and exit times is total BS. Only what is caught on the radar guns apply.

Guys, please note that this is all according to this cop. Please do not adopt the 'shoot the messenger' policy if you guys are busted for doing 119 km/h or doing the trip in 35 mins :D

Used the E01 today so I asked a cop stationed at the entry point about this speed limit confusion. According to him, anything including 120 km/h and above will be dealt with. According to him they tolerate anything upto 119 km/h. It's an unwritten rule they're enforcing so that all the motorist on the E01 won't be caught speeding.

Also according to him, deducing the speed via the entry and exit times is total BS. Only what is caught on the radar guns apply.

Guys, please note that this is all according to this cop. Please do not adopt the 'shoot the messenger' policy if you guys are busted for doing 119 km/h or doing the trip in 35 mins :D

maybe that cop is trying to cover their targets by giving faulse information! bloody cops.. hate them :violent-smiley-027:

I wouldn't trust the info from a Tarffic cop on speed limits... :) They are probably trying to entrap E01 users... :)

I had my fun on it, so now will be a law abiding road user will keep the horses leashed in the 523i and the 164, hopefully to the approval of Jami and Varunatech.

Hey so called 'Mini cooper' owner ,illegal street drag loving highwayman ..why gone subdue now? so how many people or AL forum members you caught so far ? Im still waiting for my turn to join AL jail inmates.

Now stop daydreaming of Coopers and being a law enforcer...get back to your corvee duties.

MINIACE

ok ok enough nw :sleeping-smiley-001:

I wouldn't trust the info from a Tarffic cop on speed limits... :) They are probably trying to entrap E01 users... :)

I had my fun on it, so now will be a law abiding road user will keep the horses leashed in the 523i and the 164, hopefully to the approval of Jami and Varunatech.

nice to here that....

If this is true, I think this should be one of the stupidest decision made…whats next??

Sri Lanka expressway opens for heavy vehicles

Jan 19, 2012 (LBO) - Sri Lanka's road development agency has allowed heavy vehicles to use the island's first expressway opened late last year linking the capital Colombo with the southern town of Galle.

Trucks with containers and other goods will be allowed to use the southern expressway along with buses, Road Development Authority director D B K Bandara told Vimasuma.com, our sister news website.

http://www.lankabusi...hp?nid=51205240

Edited by Simplelife

It's actually a good idea to allow heavy vehicles on expressways. Development of a country like Sri Lanka depends heavily on road transport of goods, because our railway system is cr*p, we don't have stable internal waterways and air freight is virtually non-existent.

By all means, cargo should be allowed on the expressways. BUT the drivers should be trained and certified for expressway driving and heavy vehicles should be inspected prior to letting in to E01. Hope this happens before the first pile-up on the E01.

Edited by Crosswind
  • Like 1

If this is true, I think this should be one of the stupidest decision made…whats next??

its not stupid, rather its a very good decision. anyone working in the export/import industry would know how lean the lead times are. a few hours difference in getting a TEU/FEU in to port means a heck of lot $$$$.

hell, some times you are so desperate to get your container to port, you have to worship these truck buggers to "send a fast driver". I'm sure there are so many who have been in the same situation :)

in fact that is actually the biggest benefit of E01 for the country's economy

Edited by liya
  • Like 1

Yesterday I used the expressway for very first time and it was a very relaxing drive .I didn't have to break or change gears all through my journey(From kottawa to pinnaduwa).Most of the people on the road stick to 100kmh .I saw cops almost every 20 km hiding behind bridge crossing and other buildings with their speed guns.So I kept 100 constant speed all through out my journey.

Its very much safe than normal rout as long as you drive withing the speed limit.