• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Express-Way Updates

Le Sabre

Question

My apologies for the idiot on the Nano on the E01 on Monday, and the moron with a Doctor Pass in his black AXio, and the ######## in hist White Vitz, you dumb ass really ought to go back to driving school and learn to drive your cars in a straight line at 80-100Kmphs. Stick to your lanes, do not straddle the lanes, straddle your wife, Girlfriends, boy friends, dogs, whatever it is that changes your gears, I don't care, Just don't straddle the lanes. Its really easy, like taking a piss. If you cant do that even, some of you should not be prescribing drugs, let alone drive a car.

And to that little prepubescent kid in that grey EK3 with a fart barrel... if you are reading, Sorry my friend, the Civics in the Fast and Furious movies were professionally done up for the movie, and your car is not up to the task. You were told WRONG!!! Hope your girlfriend did not deprive you of that hand job you may have been getting when I glided past... ;) I saw you grabbing the wheel and try to catch up, ... 3 points for trying though... :)

I hope you all learned a valuable lesson not to mess with a man in an Italian car with a 3.0 V6 made by Giuseppe Busso, and who has serious anger issues... :)

Holi @#$%^&* LOL damn....!

Not necessarily machang. Quite a few Japs are good on highways, any of the big Jap cars are great. Cefiros, Primeras, Accords, Laurels, Galants, and if you can get hold of one the Mitsi Diamates and Magnas, they ae amazing on long stretches!

Even the old Crowns and Cressidas are amazing on long journeys. I actually wont mind owning a Crown.

Aha maybe, going in a premio on sat maybe itll be better than my ancient corolla :/

දකුණු අධිවේගී මාර්ගයේ ප්‍රමිතියෙන් තොර වාහන යාමේදී ඒවා මග නතර වන ප්‍රමාණය වැඩිවීම නිසා එම මාර්ගයේ යන වාහන වෙනුවෙන් ප්‍රමිති සහතිකයක් හඳුන්වා දීමට මාර්ග සංවර්ධන අධිකාරිය සැරසෙයි.

මාර්ග සංවර්ධන අධිකාරියේ නඩත්තු අධ්‍යක්ෂ බී.ඩී.කේ. බණ්ඩාර පැවසුවේ මෙම ප්‍රමිති සහතිකය ලබන මාස තුන ඇතුළතදී හඳුන්වා දීමට බලාපොරොත්තු වන බවයි.

“මෙහිදී වාහනවල ප්‍රමිතිය පරීක්ෂා කිරීමට මාර්ග සංවර්ධන අධිකාරියේ අනුග්‍රහයෙන් ස්ථානයක් පිහිටුවනවා. අධිවේගී මාර්ගයේ යාමට පෙර එතනට පැමිණ වාහනයේ ප්‍රමිතිය පරීක්ෂා කර සහතිකයක් ලබාගත යුතුයි. මේ සඳහා මුදලක් අයකිරීමට මේ දක්වා තීරණය කර නෑ. මෙම ප්‍රමිති සහතිකය වසරක පමණ කාලයකට වලංගු වෙනවා.“

යනුවෙන් බණ්ඩාර මහතා කීය.

දකුණු අධිවේගී මාර්ගයේ පසුගිය මාස දෙක තුළ ගමන් ගත් වාහන වලින් 1900 ක් පමණ මග නතරවීම නිසා ඇදගෙන ඒමට සිදුවූ බවත් වාහනයක් ඇදගෙන ඒම වෙනුවෙන් මාර්ග සංවර්ධන අධිකාරියට රුපියල් 1500 ක් පමණ වියදමක් යන බවත් බණ්ඩාර මහතා සඳහන් කළේය.

“මෙම මුදල ජනතාවගෙන් අයකරන්නෙ නැති නිසා එම වැයබර දරන්නෙ මාර්ග සංවර්ධන අධිකාරියයි.“

මේ වනවිට, මාර්ගයේ ගමන් කරන වාහන ප්‍රමාණය වැඩි වෙමින් දිනකට වාහන 7200 ක් පමණ ගමන් කරන බවත් පසුගිය මාස දෙකේ ආදායම රුපියල් මිලියන 151 ක් පමණ වූ බවත් බණ්ඩාර මහතා සඳහන් කළේය.

As I've heard RDA charge for towing... Can someone clarify?????

And the other day, a horny man in a black Suzuki Swift with this fake gauges on the A pillar was busy with his left hand in his GFs blouse.. I mean, WTF????? In broad daylight. Come on, be a bit more discreet... :) It was 4.30 in the afternoon. Get a room, not the road.

having some quality time with ur gf in ur car is nice..... but not while driving ;)

• Like 1

Considering the number of shitty vehicles I've seen on the E01, I welcome the fitness certificate with arms wide open. I still have the image of a metallic mint green maruti 800, left rear wheel bouncing like mad and barely managing 80, driving on the right side lane, blissfully oblivious of the rules and the inconvenience they were causing for other drivers.

• Like 1

Considering the number of shitty vehicles I've seen on the E01, I welcome the fitness certificate with arms wide open. I still have the image of a metallic mint green maruti 800, left rear wheel bouncing like mad and barely managing 80, driving on the right side lane, blissfully oblivious of the rules and the inconvenience they were causing for other drivers.

thats true... i think it should be not only for the expressway! like the eco test!! every registered vehical must do it annually.......

Ya machan, came across a few of those over the weekend on the E01. My little hatch did fair better though with 2 others in the car + bags & refreshments for the end of the journey ;) There was Priass doing 40 with its lights on in the right lane, not forgetting the van we were trying to overtake & then he suddenly decided to drift to the next lane. Its a Sri Lankan trait that they can't stick to the designated lanes or move over for faster vehicles even on normal roads. Mirrors in the cars just for grooming for these people.

·In keeping with the provisions of the Motor Traffic Act, Regulations pertaining to violation of seat belt provide, on conviction, after a summary trial in a Court of Law, for the imposition of a fine not less than Rs.1000/- and not exceeding Rs.2000/- on the first occasion, a fine not less Rs.2000/- and not exceeding Rs.3000/- on the second occasion, and a fine not exceeding Rs.3, 500/- and cancellation of the driving license on the third occasion, on conviction after a summary trial in a Court of Law.

ඩයලොග් සමාගමේ මාතර ප්‍රාදේශීය කලමණාකරු 26 හැවිරිදි අරෝෂ කුරේ නමැති තැනැත්තා මෙම අනතුරෙන් මියගොස් තිබෙනවා.21.5 කිලෝමීටර් කණුවඅසලදී ඔහු පැදවූ රිය මාර්ගයෙන් ඉවතට පැන ආදී 50 ක් පමණ ඇදීගොස් කළුගලකට වැටි තිබෙනවා

Southern-highway.jpg

දක්ෂිණ අධිවෙගිආ මාර්ගයේ සිදුවූ රිය අනතුරක් හේතුවෙන් ප්‍රථම වතාවට පුද්ගල මරණයක් සිදුවී තිබෙනවා.ඊයේ උදෑසන 1:45 පමණ මෙම අනතුර සිදුවී ඇත්තේ අධික වේගය පාලනය කිරීමට නොහැකිවයි.

වේගය පාලනය කිරීමට නොහැකිව ආරක්ෂක යකඩ වැටත් කඩාගෙන එලියට ගොස් ඇත.මේ හේතුවෙන් මරණයට පත්ව ඇත්තේ දෙශිවල පදිංචි 26 හැවිරිදි තරුණයෙක්

So basically the car has gone through the barrier and hit a rock 50 feet away ? Given the distance the impact should have been lessened, and if he was wearing the belt and the air bags got activated properly its surprising he still died, unless he was driving like at 150 or over....

and the first Darwinian Award goes to....Dialog, for giving is very high profile High Speed crashes. Forget their 3G and HDSPA services... ;)

I thought they sucked at all forms of ISP? I got them to refund my cash when I got their fixed broadband system.

I thought they sucked at all forms of ISP? I got them to refund my cash when I got their fixed broadband system.

I once got them to set up an Antenna at home for Braodband, (Before the era of dongles), 2 days after still no signal, then they tell me the towers in the area were not Broadband enabled.... REFUND. :)

I once got them to set up an Antenna at home for Braodband, (Before the era of dongles), 2 days after still no signal, then they tell me the towers in the area were not Broadband enabled.... REFUND. :)

I started complaining 4 hours after they installed! They dragged it on for a few days, then I wrote to the CEO ;)

so over speeding kills a one. why they cant limits to the speed??? what will happened if this accident cause with a another few vehicles???

Ekane Jami... maara wadey ne.... ayyoooo... oya andanne nethuwa innako, baba... :)

1 death after almost 3 months and 500,000+ vehicles is a good number in my book. We have more deaths on the Galle Raod and the Kurunegala and Puttlam Roads on any given day. Those accidents can be attributed to many factors, other traffic, cattle, pedestrian, etc.

But in this case, well... I reserve my comments... ;)

Edited by VVTi
  • Like 1