• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Express-Way Updates

Le Sabre

Question

Errr... so are u saying that anyone who owns a 121 Corolla in Sri Lanka are not well off ?? Now that's typing without thinking.... :)

The article says the chap was a marketing manager at Dialog, if I am not mistaken these guys drive their own cars.

Yes That's right, I have a freind there, they are paid seperately for their vehicles..may be a own car or else a rent one.

i was watching the news and they said that he wasnt wearing the seat belt and he was thrown out of the car when it flipped and his head has hit a rock...

And according to another news item it took some time to locate the body of the deceased.

so over speeding kills a one. why they cant limits to the speed??? what will happened if this accident cause with a another few vehicles???

How dare you buggers insult a dead person.

How the hell you pundits came to a conclusion that car was overspeeding? Just because one cop suggested?

By looking at the pictures IMHO thats a survivable accident, sad that it is clearly evident that driver was not wearing safety belts, basically created his own death,blame for that but not speeding. I heard that it took a long time to find the driver who was thrown out of the car due to darkness and he was alive that time, blame for the poor lighting too.

We as Sri Lankan practiced the good tradition of respecting dead ones friend or foe. Stop insulting that tired youth who was driving home after a long day of work for speeding because no one can prove the speeding theory now.

I still believe E01 is one of the most safest in the world despite a single fatal accident.

MINIACE

• Like 6

Went on sunday, looks like they are fining for speeding.. I saw them taking the licenses of two pickup truck drivers and asking them to pull over after they exit. Doesnt seem to be the average time thing, cause the cops were reading the number plates from a peice of paper and checking each car.. Saw a black allion fly by doing atleast 180, wonder if he was fined

Poor guy would have dozed off at the wheel trying to keep the speed below 100 kmph on empty road with hardly any driver involvement.

If he was speeding at least the adrenaline would have kept him awake.

Paid with his life for not wearing the seat belt, good lesson for others including those travelling in the rear seat. (remind me of Lady Di accident)

• Like 1

Poor guy would have dozed off at the wheel trying to keep the speed below 100 kmph on empty road with hardly any driver involvement.

If he was speeding at least the adrenaline would have kept him awake.

Paid with his life for not wearing the seat belt, good lesson for others including those travelling in the rear seat. (remind me of Lady Di accident)

Don't think so machan, whatever speed your doing (in most cars) & if your alone/tired can make you doze off if your not going to be veering/overtaking other vehicles. Fatigue can get to anyone.

went on couple of times in the E01 and now it's becoming another Galle road. There were many vehicles hogging the road on yesterday and there was this stupid Alto driver decided to stick to the right side lane continously without knowing that lane is only for overtaking.

What made me mostly annoyed was people whom are trying to overtake with very minimal speed difference, say that alto. Bugger took forever to overtake and that whole time I was maintaining a steady 100 with cruise control enabled and I didn't have a right lane to move when I encountered a road hogging slow vehicle. You should only overtake if you're travelling significantly higher speed than the one infront of you. If that driver is maintaining the maximum limit, keep a safe distance and drive in the same speed. Continuous monitoring camera's are highly required it seems.

• Like 2

went on couple of times in the E01 and now it's becoming another Galle road. There were many vehicles hogging the road on yesterday and there was this stupid Alto driver decided to stick to the right side lane continously without knowing that lane is only for overtaking.

What made me mostly annoyed was people whom are trying to overtake with very minimal speed difference, say that alto. Bugger took forever to overtake and that whole time I was maintaining a steady 100 with cruise control enabled and I didn't have a right lane to move when I encountered a road hogging slow vehicle. You should only overtake if you're travelling significantly higher speed than the one infront of you. If that driver is maintaining the maximum limit, keep a safe distance and drive in the same speed. Continuous monitoring camera's are highly required it seems.

road hogging is one of the most common offenses in E01, according to this article

http://www.divaina.com/2012/02/06/news18.html

Yup, they either take the rest of their natural lives to overtake, or slide up alongside the vehicle on the left lane and match it's speed, leaving no room for anybody to overtake them, like they're marching in step or something.

Edited by heavyD

Finally hurled my a$$ over to the E01 over the weekend. Here's my take on it...

1. Heard a lot of comments about the lanes being too narrow... Well, imho they aren't. They APPEAR to be narrow because most of our idiots don't know how to drive in a lane. They tend to stick to the inner edge of the lane, afraid of scraping the guard rail.

2. Is driving on a straight line such a difficult task? Some of our drivers didn't seem to know how to drive a car on a straight line... or were not aware that they were drifting quite a lot. One Swift dangerously drifted towards me while I was attempting to overtake it. Had to blast the horn to wake the idiot up.

3. Many of our drivers don't know to keep a safe distance. Again, I had a tough time with a red 65- 320D which was tailgating too bloody close for comfort. Had to nearly pull over to the shoulder to let the idiot go... that was the last thing I expected from a Euro driver.

4. Allions, Hi Aces and Swifts appeared to be the vehicles to be cautious about. Nearly all the Allion drivers I encountered, probably thought that the right lane is reserved for Allions. Hi Aces aren't fast, although the drivers tend to think otherwise, so I really had a tough time whenever an idiot in a HiAce tried to overtake me. Swifts (Jeep Model) are a horror to be around. Very unstable at high speeds. There was one CE108, which was continuously hogging the right lane at about 80. To my happiness, saw him pulling over to the shoulder with the hazard light after a while. Hope his engine went bust.

5. Marutis and D*MO Battas... oh I love them. What a pleasure to be around. everytime I attempted to overtake one of those, they just moved over to a side and let me go.

6. At the entry points and exit points, the speed limit is 40, not 100. Hope our idiots realize that.

7. Quite a few road kill was visible. Oh well, that's nothing compared to the Kangaroos and Wallabies that you encounter in Aus. The only way to be safe is to be alert and keep a good distance.

8. My humble request from whoever is reading this... please please please make sure your tail lights are functioning before you enter the E01.

• Like 7

My humble request from whoever is reading this... please please please make sure your tail lights are functioning before you enter the E01.

This applicable for all the vehicles which running on our roads. yes it's really really difficlut to drive behind you specially in night time when your rear brake lights & sinal lights are not working...

Took E01 from Kottawa and it wasn't nice what I saw.

Lots of vehicles coming towards kottawa and they had changed one entrance to be an exit :) . Lots of vehicles were running very close to each other and saw 1 rexton and one montero tailgating overtaking vehicles and flashing like crazy. These morons with big tinted SUV s think that everyone should move out when they come closer.

At one time there were like 3 vehicles on the inside lane very close to each other, overtaking the others. If the E01 is gonna be crowded, we'll never be able to enjoy anymore. It'll be way more tense that driving on the Galle road :(

But apart from that, I saw 1 porsche panamera, 1 porsche cayenne and 1 nissan 350z so it wasn't that bad after all :)

3. Many of our drivers don't know to keep a safe distance. Again, I had a tough time with a red 65- 320D which was tailgating too bloody close for comfort. Had to nearly pull over to the shoulder to let the idiot go... that was the last thing I expected from a Euro driver.

4. Allions, Hi Aces and Swifts appeared to be the vehicles to be cautious about. Nearly all the Allion drivers I encountered, probably thought that the right lane is reserved for Allions. Hi Aces aren't fast, although the drivers tend to think otherwise, so I really had a tough time whenever an idiot in a HiAce tried to overtake me. Swifts (Jeep Model) are a horror to be around. Very unstable at high speeds. There was one CE108, which was continuously hogging the right lane at about 80. To my happiness, saw him pulling over to the shoulder with the hazard light after a while. Hope his engine went bust.

5. Marutis and D*MO Battas... oh I love them. What a pleasure to be around. everytime I attempted to overtake one of those, they just moved over to a side and let me go.

3. In Sinhala we call this "katussage kare raththaran damma wage" probably a driver or 2nd owner who bought it because he couldn't afford an axio :D.

4.100% correct, they think they are Bugattis

and how was their behavior ?

They were all driving nicely... it's the other people who has not so nice rides drive like idiots... specially the ones with rextons, monteros and prados

Anyway I'm not that worried about a panamera or a cayenne over speeding unless of course it's the teenage son of the owner who's behind the wheel.. :)