• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Express-Way Updates

Le Sabre

Question

Yeh, Min, you're so right, with the Minis it's the cornering abilities..like a bloody roller-skate...., honestly, don't think there has been anything better!...and that's for a car that appeared on the streets in 1959!!! Those early ones were fun, lighter body, bits of string instead of inside door handles, sliding windows, turn the ignition key in the middle of the dash and then press the rubber button on the tunnel to start that 848cc of raw A-series power...and off you went like a rocket with the engine rocking back and forth and the exhaust system banging away underneath ....magic. Think I've gotta buy one again! So sorry, off topic as usual :-)

Yeh, Min, you're so right, with the Minis it's the cornering abilities..like a bloody roller-skate...., honestly, don't think there has been anything better!...and that's for a car that appeared on the streets in 1959!!! Those early ones were fun, lighter body, bits of string instead of inside door handles, sliding windows, turn the ignition key in the middle of the dash and then press the rubber button on the tunnel to start that 848cc of raw A-series power...and off you went like a rocket with the engine rocking back and forth and the exhaust system banging away underneath ....magic. Think I've gotta buy one again! So sorry, off topic as usual :-)

The 1959 car had a push button starter? :) We should publicize this more to the push start Toyota whatever crowd.

Yeh, Perri, amazing init?? When I see the push-button starts on the current luxury vehicle ads, I always have a bit of a grin as the Mini is remembered! I think - and I might be wrong - that the Mini system meant a solenoid wasn't used...probably saved 5/- on the price! Gawd, get me back on topic....:-)

there are people who are carrying on the legacy and are preserving the specimens which we can admire once in a while when we see them running in tip top condition…

I think 2 months back there was a gathering of mini owners at Parliment car park. Most of the cars were very well maintained.

Btw there is a mini advertised in the papers, it was at the car sale in front of Mc Donalds. They claim it to be the fastest mini in Sri Lanka.

My father had a 1965 Ford Anglia. It had pull start!. Turn the key and pull the start knob at the middle of the dashboard. :)

'rover',

Most cars till they fitted the solenoid in late 1960s and push button had mechanical method to operate the starter motor.

Sylvi Wijesinghe.

They claim it to be the fastest mini in Sri Lanka.

I doubt that since we have a custom tuned B18 Type R V-Tec converted Mini here owned by an AL member. Miniace could enlighten us on this.

Edited by CyRaX

I think 2 months back there was a gathering of mini owners at Parliment car park. Most of the cars were very well maintained.

Btw there is a mini advertised in the papers, it was at the car sale in front of Mc Donalds. They claim it to be the fastest mini in Sri Lanka.

Yes possible. Thats a Mini Cooper and owned by a doctor now and the previously owned by Sanjaya .that 4812 got a rare combination of performance parts.

MINIACE

i might sound like a little girl :love-smiley-044: , but how did he manage to get a pic of his car from the sky? does he own a heli ? :huh:

Some say he has a red cape

Edited by Gyiman