• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Express-Way Updates

Le Sabre

Question

Ignorance and violations of laid ruled cost lives.

The 55 year old victim was travelling at the rear end of the small truck with no safety harness.Truck was travelling from Galle to Kottawa carrying a timber load and at 8.4km mark lorry has overturned due to a sudden deflation of a tyre at high speed.

MINIACE

sad news. some of these chaps aren't really smart enough to figure even the basics. Or the chaps riding in the cab wearing belts for their own safety simply ruled out the other guys safety is not so important. I doubt the truck was doing 60 though.

Also it'll be interesting to know how and why the tyre burst! Is it simply people running worn our tyres on the highway at higher speeds? Or is it just one of those bad chinese tyres?

Authoroties don't really pull people up for driving around in worn out tyres. I've seen plenty heavy/commercial vehicles being driven on tyres with hardly in tread left.

• Like 3

sad news. some of these chaps aren't really smart enough to figure even the basics. Or the chaps riding in the cab wearing belts for their own safety simply ruled out the other guys safety is not so important. I doubt the truck was doing 60 though.

Also it'll be interesting to know how and why the tyre burst! Is it simply people running worn our tyres on the highway at higher speeds? Or is it just one of those bad chinese tyres?

Authoroties don't really pull people up for driving around in worn out tyres. I've seen plenty heavy/commercial vehicles being driven on tyres with hardly in tread left.

How come the policemen / staff manning the toll booths allowed this vehicle onto the highway with a passenger in the cargo area of the truck who didn't even have a proper seat let alone seatbelts? I mean isn't it common sense to deny entry on to the highway in such a senario?

• Like 3

How come the policemen / staff manning the toll booths allowed this vehicle onto the highway with a passenger in the cargo area of the truck who didn't even have a proper seat let alone seatbelts? I mean isn't it common sense to deny entry on to the highway in such a senario?

Truck had a cover in the back. Toll guy or policemen cant see inside. Last but not least, if someone wants to kill himself on E01, Thats one way to do it...take a free ride to heaven or hell .we shouldnt blame paid E01 employees.

MINIACE

Truck had a cover in the back. Toll guy or policemen cant see inside. Last but not least, if someone wants to kill himself on E01, Thats one way to do it...take a free ride to heaven or hell .we shouldnt blame paid E01 employees.

MINIACE

Ah I see, fair enough.

Man, talk about being idiots. Honestly you've got to be stupid to let one of your workers ride in the back without a seat of any sort while travelling at 100kmph or so...I hope this incident serves to put some legislature in place to deter such reckless behaviour in the future.

Edited by Kavvz

MINIACE

Then I assume the guy wasn't thrown out, but crushed to death by the load :s

at this end of the society people hardly have the common sense to understand these dangers on their own. so it'll take quite a long time and a lot more lives before everyone sits up and take notice of the benefits of good tires and keeping all the passengers buckled up at these speeds.

• Like 3

Thats nothing,..... last weekend I was on the E01 and there was a similar truck and there were going on some family trip ( Vandanawa ) type thing with women and children in the back. If I remember correctly they had normal chairs put in the back as seat !!

The driver however was keeping to the left lane and driving ever so slow (possibly at 50 or 60 kmpl), which is a good thing in a way considering the safety of the people in the back.

I think a lot of village people try to get on the E01 just to see the road, and the authorities also don't seem to make a fuss about it. End of the day they voted the Govt in, which lead to the ending of the war and the completion of the E01. If we had left it to the ( Pro UNP) hi fi Colombo folk we would be still negotiating a settlement with the LTTE.

I think a lot of village people try to get on the E01 just to see the road, and the authorities also don't seem to make a fuss about it. End of the day they voted the Govt in, which lead to the ending of the war and the completion of the E01. If we had left it to the ( Pro UNP) hi fi Colombo folk we would be still negotiating a settlement with the LTTE.

That sounds so discriminatrory and full of pompous hot gas.... ;)

I suppose you were born in the plush suroundings of Cinnamon Gardens with a silver spoon AND a fork up your ass?

Oh I forgot, you went to Presidents College in Kotte, one of the finest schools in Colombo 7 where the creme de la creme of society studied, right?

Don't ever forget for a moment that it was this very 'village people' whose sons and daughters laid down their lives in their thousands so you can sit here and comment about how it cramps your style when they go sight seeing on the E01. .

Edited by VVTi
  • Like 3

That sounds so discriminatrory and full of pompous hot gas.... ;)

I suppose you were born in the plush suroundings of Cinnamon Gardens with a silver spoon AND a fork up your ass?

Oh I forgot, you went to Presidents College in Kotte, one of the finest schools in Colombo 7 where the creme de la creme of society studied, right?

Don't ever forget for a moment that it was this very 'village people' whose sons and daughters laid down their lives in their thousands so you can sit here and comment about how it cramps your style when they go sight seeing on the E01. .

Well if that sounds discriminatory I think u should get your head examined or eyes checked.... I have no issue if people want to go sight seeing on the E01, what I am highlighting is the safety concern of having kids at the back without any support.

Oh... btw I was not born with your so called Silver spoon, I have done it the hard way.

Wait...... aren't u the same guy who was making such a big deal that you overtook a Allion and a EK3 Honda or something like that on the E01, and saying some name of the guy who designed your engine and all that jazz.... ? Hiyooo..... now that's what I would call pompous hot gas.. I wish I could dig out that post, but this thread is too darn long.

• Like 4

Well if that sounds discriminatory I think u should get your head examined or eyes checked.... I have no issue if people want to go sight seeing on the E01, what I am highlighting is the safety concern of having kids at the back without any support.

Oh... btw I was not born with your so called Silver spoon, I have done it the hard way.

Wait...... aren't u the same guy who was making such a big deal that you overtook a Allion and a EK3 Honda or something like that on the E01, and saying some name of the guy who designed your engine and all that jazz.... ? Hiyooo..... now that's what I would call pompous hot gas.. I wish I could dig out that post, but this thread is too darn long.

Actually I said that. I was referring to driving a V6 designed by Guiseppe Busso. Overtaking a EK3 and bitching about is not as being as pompous as

'Damn these village people on the E01 sight seeing, how dare they get in my B4s way'. :)

Btw, here I found it,

My apologies for the idiot on the Nano on the E01 on Monday, and the moron with a Doctor Pass in his black AXio, and the ######## in hist White Vitz, you dumb ass really ought to go back to driving school and learn to drive your cars in a straight line at 80-100Kmphs. Stick to your lanes, do not straddle the lanes, straddle your wife, Girlfriends, boy friends, dogs, whatever it is that changes your gears, I don't care, Just don't straddle the lanes. Its really easy, like taking a piss. If you cant do that even, some of you should not be prescribing drugs, let alone drive a car.

And to that little prepubescent kid in that grey EK3 with a fart barrel... if you are reading, Sorry my friend, the Civics in the Fast and Furious movies were professionally done up for the movie, and your car is not up to the task. You were told WRONG!!! Hope your girlfriend did not deprive you of that hand job you may have been getting when I glided past... ;) I saw you grabbing the wheel and try to catch up, ... 3 points for trying though... :)

I hope you all learned a valuable lesson not to mess with a man in an Italian car with a 3.0 V6 made by Giuseppe Busso, and who has serious anger issues... :)

you lazy Pompous ass... :)

Edited by VVTi
  • Like 5

Actually I said that. I was referring to driving a V6 designed by Guiseppe Busso. Overtaking a EK3 and bitching about is not as being as pompous as

'Damn these village people on the E01 sight seeing, how dare they get in my B4s way'. :)

Btw, here I found it,

you lazy Pompous ass... :)

OWNED>.......

• Like 1

wait!! are seat belts mandatory for passengers in the back?

No but I guess we should use them for our own safety. Imagine having a rear seat passenger crash onto the back of your seat when you are being held firmly by your seatbelt or being ejected from a rolling vehicle. I've heard enough horror stories not to keep anyone unfastened.

wait!! are seat belts mandatory for passengers in the back?

No but I guess we should use them for our own safety. Imagine having a rear seat passenger crash onto the back of your seat when you are being held firmly by your seatbelt or being ejected from a rolling vehicle. I've heard enough horror stories not to keep anyone unfastened.

True like Jadey said its not just the safety of the passenger in the back, the person in front is also at risk in a frontal collusion if the passenger in the back is not belted. My rule for any passenger in the car is i dont care who the F*** you are if you are not wearing your seat belt you dont get a ride, got to be a little tough cause i give rides to colleagues almost everyday and i dont want to die even when i am wearing my belt but cause a moron in the back isnt.

Edited by The Stig

Then I assume the guy wasn't thrown out, but crushed to death by the load :s

What a shit thing to happen. If only he was more aware of the danger associated with riding around in the back amongst unrestrained cargo, this accident might have been prevented. We really need to get some basic safety standards in place for the highway now that its being used more.

I'm not harping on Sri Lanka though; I was reading somewhere that in England when the first motorways were opened to the public it was utter chaos as well. However, now that the suddha buggers have established some of the preliminary safety standards (some by trail and error and some by sheer dumb luck veiled by a thin veneer of intelligent thought) we might as well adopt some of what they have discovered the hard way to shorten our own learning curve.

What can we as a forum do to help? Any ideas?

Edited by Kavvz

True like Jadey said its not just the safety of the passenger in the back, the person in front is also at risk in a frontal collusion if the passenger in the back is not belted. My rule for any passenger in the car is i dont care who the F*** you are if you are not wearing your seat belt you dont get a ride, got to be a little tough cause i give rides to colleagues almost everyday and i dont want to die even when i am wearing my belt but cause a moron in the back isnt.

100% agree. but thats how he entered E01 on the back of a truck without seat belts. maybe they doesnt check passangers in the back (at toll booths)

Where is a our resident Anti-Village People squad leader these days?

So.... I see you have been missing me over the week end, :) sorry but I usually spend my week ends a bit more productively than sit in front of a computer.....

Wasn't driving the B4, although it was a V6,.. but don't worry its noting fancy as compared to your Italian V6,,, designed by ..... errr.... whats his name again ? Is he dead or still living btw ?... wait let me check it on Wiki,..... yes.. here it is Engine was designed in 1970, and the guy is dead..... :)

But you were still able to take down an Allion and a EK3.... wow.... super stuff man.. Bravo !!!