• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Time To Improve Your Site Functionality

kanchanap

Hi Guys,

I think it is high time you get the service of some skilled web developers and improve your site functionality..

I acknowledge your search results are now returned lot more faster than the old days... Credit to you..

But you need to improve your search filters.. Please check your main competitor's search filters ( under vehicle category ) hint: **man.lk

I suggest you should be having full time software developer, in addition to the IT guys with networking background currently you are having

I'm also looking forward to that. Specially home page need new look sooner than later.We are still showing 2009 news most of the are of the home page. Love to see new one with some good suggestions in this http://forum.autolanka.com/topic/13674-autolanka-new-site-2012/

an increase the network bandwidth. the site fails to load some times due to network load, which we don't experience in modern websites.

+ revisit the content of the home page,all except for "top classifieds" and "discussions" not that important.

It would be very useful to have below search filters .

1. Ability to choose whether the vehicle is auto or manual transmission? ( Currently we have to check each and every description )

2. Customer need to be able to filter the search results which falls into his budget.

3. Ability to choose vehicles based on Year Of Manufacture

4. Diesel , Petrol or Hybrid ?

Currently above things can only be achieved by putting a relevant word on the keyword search. ( But then the search results are not well organized )

Other than the search results, you might make the home page also filled with dynamic data.

BTW we see featured vehicles of the day on the home page. There might be customers who would like to pay more to show their vehicle on the home page if it supports such feature.

my 2 cents

It would be very useful to have below search filters .

1. Ability to choose whether the vehicle is auto or manual transmission? ( Currently we have to check each and every description )

2. Customer need to be able to filter the search results which falls into his budget.

3. Ability to choose vehicles based on Year Of Manufacture

4. Diesel , Petrol or Hybrid ?

Currently above things can only be achieved by putting a relevant word on the keyword search. ( But then the search results are not well organized )

Other than the search results, you might make the home page also filled with dynamic data.

BTW we see featured vehicles of the day on the home page. There might be customers who would like to pay more to show their vehicle on the home page if it supports such feature.

my 2 cents

I too like to suggest these. Also there are now new classified sites which are gaining reputation. We love auto-Lanka and yes improve it. Also as a web application developer I suggest to go with responsive design for the home page.