• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Wagon (Nissan, Toyota)

Nishan.dj

Question

Hi,

I am looking for a car most preferably a wagon type to buy and found basically following 4 types in the market that I am interested in;

1. Nissan AD Wagon

2. Nissan Wingroad

3. Toyota L Touring

4. Toyota G Touring

What I got to know for some cars is that; Some Nissan AD Wagons have converted to Wingroad as they say. For my knowledge, I don't look for converted ones which I think either a genuine AD or Wingroad would be nice but if someone could explain how this conversion goes; really appreciate it.

Also is it possible that L and G touring also are able to convert from one another? Such cases, if the seller is not willing to share the details (+ we don't know how to find in detail); how is it possible to decide the car we see is a genuine or converted?

Apart from that I found very interesting topics discussed on the forum and thanking to all those contributors, please comment on this thread as well. If you are an owner of a wagon on any brand, please share your thoughts about pros and cons about what you use at the moment which certainly a great help for us to know a bit more about it. Thanks a lot in advance.

Well some conversions are pretty easy to spot as it is just a matter of plastic bits stuck and the interior changes are not consistent. You should be able to get an idea of how and what the original looks like after seeing some cars, catalogs, etc...On the other hand there are some pretty good conversions done up really well using conversion "packages" (I guess are parts off of actual Wingroads/Touring wagons??)

Where the Toyota Corolla Touring Wagons are concerned the chassis model/code is different for the Touring wagons. There should be a thread with all the chassis codes for the Corolla/Corolla wagon in some other thread. <Sorry I can't find it now...>

Not sure about the Wingroad though. From what I can see from a catalog they had the same codes, just that the wingroad came with a few other engines so those were different.

http://forum.autolanka.com/topic/15226-ae100-models/?p=242140

http://forum.autolanka.com/topic/15109-toyota-wagons/?hl=ae101#entry239104

Edited by iRage

Thanks iRage for the speedy response. Mostly it will be an AD Wagon or Wingroad which I am mostly interested in due to the reason of price differences between Toyota and Nissan. I noticed that many people have commented that Wingroad is more comfortable than AD and don't think such kind of things can't be expected from a conversion. Correct me if I am wrong please.

Here is some comparison between AD and Wingroad

In Wingroads

Two front seats with head rests

More comfortable rear seats with head rests

RPM Meter in the meter cluster

Power Shutter(AD only in Driver Side)

Dual Air Bags(Ad only on driver side)

1500cc Engine(Most of the Newer AD comes with 1300CC Engine)

In Wingroads

Great.. Thanks coolcar. BTW, If possible please share whether you experience considerable differences between AD and Wingroad compared to comfortability and other related aspects such as durability...etc, really worth to know. Thanks.

Great.. Thanks coolcar. BTW, If possible please share whether you experience considerable differences between AD and Wingroad compared to comfortability and other related aspects such as durability...etc, really worth to know. Thanks.

In both AD and Wingroad both having same engines as FB15 and B15 .Hence there is plenty of spares and easy to maintain.

In the Wingroad you get better seats with head rests so its more comfortable.

Specially if you concern about the rear passengers comfort its better go for wingroad.

In Y11 wingroad there is two models.New facelift model(2001 onward) more expensive compared to older 2000 model.

Comparing facelift to pre-facelift, is it only the look is different or any other enhancement such as suspension/technical...etc?

Not sure about the suspension .According to my knowledge its having same engine with some miner changes like electronic throttle control.

When we looking for wagon few years back we found some of these are converted for LPG.So you need to watch out for these ones.

When we looking for wagon few years back we found some of these are converted for LPG.So you need to watch out for these ones.

Converted to LP Gas? No way.

Also what I have read is that, the major difference on facelift is the look it gets. But I don't know what else get enhanced.

In Wingroads

also add the rear view mirror for that list.

The AD wagon doesnt have the little adjuster switch and doest have a center cd box thing on the dashboard

• Like 1

Corolla L touring and G Touring are mainly diesel varients. Have seen few petrol varients.

There are two main type of wagons.

1- people carriers.

2- commercial vans.

2 is easy to spot with rear bench seat without headtest.rear leaf springs mechanical windows and so...

AD wagon and all other corolla wagons exept L and G tourings and some caldinas.

Assuming you need a people carrier wagon

There are few. I have no experience about wingroad.

If corolla, go for one of above mentioned.

Make sure the rear end is shocks and headreats with seat belts on back seat. It comes with toyota 2C diesel engine which is very reliable with enough parts.since it shared among various cars and vans.comfortable as sedan and fuel consumption will be around 14-15 on long run.Had L touring which served for our family for more than 10 years with 250000kms on selling.

We have a Caldina at our home which is CZ turbo varient.

In my personal opinion its better than corolla.there is commercial van model you can easily dishtinguish from above.

CZ-T model comes with,rear headrest seats with seat belt and indipendant adjustability.shocks on all four wheels.4channel ABS.electronic stability control unit.all power windows.winker mirrors with electronic adjustments.bigger AC condenser.2C Turbo diesel engine.75 liter fuel tank.hood railings, spoiler,and full light tail gate.and most of all its full 1 feet bigger boot than corolla.more spacios interior too.does 11 in colombo city traffic and 14-15 on long runs.with normal diesel.

But this varient is as hard as finding G/L touring from other commen specimens.

Alll these three models are made around 1996-1999.

And the car is good as its last owner not who used it first.

Check the proper engaging of gear when put to D.late engage with knock is symptom.specially in cold start.this autoboxes are on failing age.anyway it can compleatly rectify below 30k.

Some rattles may be there which can be fixed.

Look for corrosion of body.

Ask for documents for engine overall if theres a history.which will cost you 150k if needed.

My suggestions are.

CALDINA CZT> COROLLA G TOURING > COROLLA L TOURING

also add the rear view mirror for that list.

The AD wagon doesnt have the little adjuster switch and doest have a center cd box thing on the dashboard

I opened this thread expecting your comment :sport-smiley-004: :sport-smiley-004: :sport-smiley-004:

bdw dont we get those Impreza wagons here??

Edited by Magnum

I opened this thread expecting your comment :sport-smiley-004: :sport-smiley-004: :sport-smiley-004:

bdw dont we get those Impreza wagons here??

lol ive owned all the cars OP has mentioned :D and still in posession of a AD wagon

yeap we do. there was a blue one near esoft.

havent seen much in kandy but few in colombo. ive inquired around 3-4 imprezza wagons from AL classifieds

lol ive owned all the cars OP has mentioned :D and still in posession of a AD wagon

yeap we do. there was a blue one near esoft.

havent seen much in kandy but few in colombo. ive inquired around 3-4 imprezza wagons from AL classifieds

I haven't seen any. I only like two wagons. One is the CT200H and the other is the Impreza wagon. Apart from them sedans all the way

I haven't seen any. I only like two wagons. One is the CT200H and the other is the Impreza wagon. Apart from them sedans all the way

will send you a pic of the AD wagon. the g touring and wingroad i took pics from the SLR (not dslr) have to find in albums

8 hours ago, pug306xsi said:

Hi Everyone,

Does anyone have a corolla fielder here? how is the luggage space and height? will a grown dog fit on that space? or any other options for a touring car? Thanks.

Strangely I know this ! A friend of mine in Tanzania had a fielder and his Labrador was so uncomfortable in it. Later on the Fielder was replaced with an Outlander. In Bangkok a friend of mine in Bangkok who owned a Subaru XV had a lab..again....cramped up and he had to be laying down (which gets really miserable for the dog as the dog can't see outside the window). If your dog is the size of a Shiba dog or smaller, then it would fit in nicely in a fielder where it would be able to lay down or sit up or even stand in some cases. But a larger dog like a lab would need to be laying down in a station wagon.. Sitting up would mean it would have to have its head leeched over....so if you want it to be comfy you will need a crossover at the very least.

19 hours ago, iRage said:

Strangely I know this ! A friend of mine in Tanzania had a fielder and his Labrador was so uncomfortable in it. Later on the Fielder was replaced with an Outlander. In Bangkok a friend of mine in Bangkok who owned a Subaru XV had a lab..again....cramped up and he had to be laying down (which gets really miserable for the dog as the dog can't see outside the window). If your dog is the size of a Shiba dog or smaller, then it would fit in nicely in a fielder where it would be able to lay down or sit up or even stand in some cases. But a larger dog like a lab would need to be laying down in a station wagon.. Sitting up would mean it would have to have its head leeched over....so if you want it to be comfy you will need a crossover at the very least.

Thanks @iRage guessed you will be the one to comment on this...yes the dog is a grown german shepard who likes to sit upright when going, with the baby need to buy a bigger car to accommodate luggage and the dog. not a fan of cross overs though. any other car will have height in the boot? fielder looked ideal with the big boot. and it looks nice too.

On 2/22/2019 at 6:58 PM, pug306xsi said:

Thanks @iRage guessed you will be the one to comment on this...yes the dog is a grown german shepard who likes to sit upright when going, with the baby need to buy a bigger car to accommodate luggage and the dog. not a fan of cross overs though. any other car will have height in the boot? fielder looked ideal with the big boot. and it looks nice too.

Have you looked at a Forester ? That does look like it has a slightly higher roof. I think the fielder has about 750mm in height and the RAV4 has about 1m...If I am not mistaken the Forester looks like it is somewhere in between.

Edited by iRage

4 hours ago, pug306xsi said:

hi @iRage no i did not check the forester. not a huge fan of it :) 

Do you think its a good idea to get a 1st gen Pajero from the early 90's for about 2.5m. space is good and love the model.

any thoughts?

Uhh....the 1st Gen Pajero ended in 1991....are you referring to the 1st Gen L040 series Pajero or the 2nd Gen V20 series Pajero ?

It would be a good option if you can find a decent unit. Being an old diesel engine there are issues that come along with that you need to make sure has been attended to or plan to attend to it. If you are actually referring to the 2nd gen, the vacuum based 4WD system needs to be checked properly too.

Also, you better check if the body and engine are legit and not swapped :)

19 hours ago, iRage said:

Uhh....the 1st Gen Pajero ended in 1991....are you referring to the 1st Gen L040 series Pajero or the 2nd Gen V20 series Pajero ?

It would be a good option if you can find a decent unit. Being an old diesel engine there are issues that come along with that you need to make sure has been attended to or plan to attend to it. If you are actually referring to the 2nd gen, the vacuum based 4WD system needs to be checked properly too.

Also, you better check if the body and engine are legit and not swapped :)

Thanks need to check. I was referring to the 1st Gen which is called Palathsabha here...