• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Bluebird Su14 Meter Board Suddenly Stops Working.

mriyazh

Question

Hi. Guys this is my first post on AL. I hv a su14 diesel manual car. The meter board suddenly stops working time to time , this happens only 10-15 min after i switch on my head lights and when i park the car in hot sun. But it comes back again after 5-10min when i switch off the lights. When the meter board is not working the car feels really under powered, the car doesnt pull, it starts to jump like i am driving on a wrong gear. But when the meter comes back on it feels all fine it runs smoothly.

I have no idea whats wrong

I thought its a ecu issue i tried changing that too but still didnt work

What do u guys think whats wrong in the car.

Thanx

6 answers to this question

Ya Davy. I read that post of his. Dont know whether he got the problem solved. I planning to go to the same fellow at wattala tomo. Will see.

Are there any sensors in the instrument cluster that might be giving this issue, when that heats up. I dont know that much abt car electronics..

I really need some help guys..

Ya Davy. I read that post of his. Dont know whether he got the problem solved. I planning to go to the same fellow at wattala tomo. Will see.

Are there any sensors in the instrument cluster that might be giving this issue, when that heats up. I dont know that much abt car electronics..

I really need some help guys..

Mryazh,

You try Wattala Electrician, if he fails write to A/L again with all facts. I Noted according to your first post it happens only in the night and under hot sun.

Again you write that meter board not working at the same time. Please explain more to the Wattala Electrician, closely watch how he handle the job.

Can you email me more about the problem and your contact number.

Sylvi Wijesinghe.

Guys i went to the wattala cn electronic. There was a issue with the cluster board he tried it with another compatible meter board then all worked fine so he did some soldering on my meter board and nw its working.

Never thought its a simple job..

Will post if it reoccurs.

Sylvi thanx anyways.

Guys i went to the wattala cn electronic. There was a issue with the cluster board he tried it with another compatible meter board then all worked fine so he did some soldering on my meter board and nw its working.

Never thought its a simple job..

Will post if it reoccurs.

Sylvi thanx anyways.

Mryazh,

Good that you have got your problem sorted out without much cost. Please give that contact to others in A/L members. So that if they have a problem can visit him.

Wattala Electronic technician seems to be a honest chap.

Sylvi Wijesinghe.

His name is chaminda, CN ELECTRONICS wattala. Its at hendala road, (071) 489 8606 Kind of a big headed fellow, but he knows his work. So some hybrids in his garage too (lexus, prius) which he has taken apart. So he seems to be knowing his work. Good place too recommend if u hv any electrical issues.

:)