• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Toyota 121 Starting Issue When Engine Hot

psw

Question

recently i did a engine tune up on my Toyota 121 (1500 auto).same day onwords i'm facing this issue.In the morning it is getting started with out any issue.but when the engine get hot first try it is not getting started second try it is getting started.Does any body face this issue previously ? your valuable comments will be highly appriciated

6 answers to this question

What did your tune up entail - throttle body clean up, injector clean up, injector seal inspection/replacement, plugs, fuel filter and air filter replacement, IACV cleaning, MAF sensor cleaning, any adjustments like idle throttle position etc etc..? Did the tune up guy perform a scan before and after the tune up? Is the idle smooth at around 800 rpm without AC when engine is hot?

i faced the same problem (when engine is hot), but in that case in the first attempt it made a just "click" sound. problem was the starter motor relay mechanism (Solenoid).

that is why i asked this question. my post hides a very important question raised by Rumesh88(#2 post). please answer for that post.

Edited by MV-5

try the usual method of finding whether the primary fuel pump is faulty.

When you're expecting the car to have this starting delay (when the engine is hot etc) switch on the ignition, wait for about 10 seconds, switch off and repeat this process for about another 3-4 times and crank the engine. If it starts without any delay most likely the fuel pump and/or pressure regulator is faulty.

the other possiblity most likely is the ignition coil pack/packs.

try the usual method of finding whether the primary fuel pump is faulty.

When you're expecting the car to have this starting delay (when the engine is hot etc) switch on the ignition, wait for about 10 seconds, switch off and repeat this process for about another 3-4 times and crank the engine. If it starts without any delay most likely the fuel pump and/or pressure regulator is faulty.

the other possiblity most likely is the ignition coil pack/packs.

+1 On Harshan, most probably Engine wont start due to the initial Fuel starvation. check your Fuel Pump and Regulator inside Fuel Tank.