• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Land Rover - Series 2?3?

matroska

Recently came across and old petrol land rover being restored/repaired in a garage close by. The vehicle looks very much like a Series 3 (Lights on the wings, the grille shape etc) The current owner has no idea which series this belongs to. Got him to show the car's papers and according to that the reg number is 1SRI and the Year of manufacture is shown as 1957. No mention of model no etc on the papers ( didn't expect that anyway).

From what i have read 1957 should be Series 1 right? But this looks anything but a Series 1.

The front looks like a series 3 to me.

Maybe this is having fake papers or has the front been modified at some point? But still the body shape doesnt look like Series 1 does it?

Did Series 2 ever come in 1957?

What do you guy's think?

have a look at the pics.

Edited by matroska

Could be a Series IIA as the headlights are on the wings. Or pretty much a front end swap along the way.

Could be a Series I as well as they were produced till the 80s as knock down kits etc, but this is nowhere close to an S1

Looks Pretty much S3 outside, as per your pics but the interior is definitely not S3, more S1-S2 ish

Only reason that Reg No. is not on a Defender is coz its a petrol

As for the naming I have seen even Defenders 85-88 being Just labelled "Land Rover" on our reg books even when they were branded as Land Rover 90/110 prior to the Defender name. I have also seen a S3 Reg book with "Country of Manufacture - Japan", I assure you the reg details were not tampered in anyway..

Edited by tiv