• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Ek3 Vibrate At 120Kmph

sira

Facing similar with a N16.Auto.what happen is for each & everytime when deep press the gas peddle car gets vibrate while moving. Replace all weared suspention alignment & all but still its same. My maka bas said now engine is undercompression and might be due to that? I have question in mounts. Bcz if accelerate slightly its not there that much. Very little.

Did you check the engine mounts?

From sira's explanation,it sounds to me like the CV joints are worn out. The clicking sound from the CV joints is usually not heard when the wheels are pointing straight. And I like to think that OP was going in a straight line when he did 120. :)

To determine if your CV joints are worn out, you can try taking a U turn while accelerating a bit hard (steering on full lock), making sure you don't spin the car. If you hear the clicking sound then, your CV joints are on their way out. Make sure you do this both clockwise and counterclockwise. This is a simple test, so only obvious cases can be identified by this method. A better test would be to have them inspected by a professional.

If the CV joints are good, my next guess is that there is a slight bend in one or both (unlikely) of your drive shafts.

Edited by Davy

Yes, my next step to check break disks. will this happens with drums too?

where will be best place to lathe them. I know most of lathe machines are not accurate. it could go worst

You need a machine shop with a brake lathe. While its possible to to re surface the brake diesks without one, its easier with a brake lathe.

BUT if your issue is a warped brake disc or discs, then you cannot rely on a resurface. You will have to replace with new discs, as machining like above is suitable for when brake pads have cut into the disc, while warping happens due to excessive heat and your disc physically deforms asumes an odd shape, goes out of balance and makes braking difficult. You can sense a warped brake disc when you brake as you will feel the fibration through the brake pedal. Also you can see the warping when you rotate the wheel, and you will sometimes feel it sliding against the pads unevenly.

You need to isolate the issue first. I think people have suggested a number of possibilities.

1. Worn CV joints or gearbox ends

2. Bent drive shaft

3. Warped brake discs

I would add a few more

4. Lose nuts

5. Play in steering or suspension components due to wear

6. Incorrect suspension geometry due to after market rubber bushes, thanks to rough roads or accident (sometimes episodes with kerbs can cause problems too).

• 5 months later...

Guys

After spending utmost time with this issue , I think I found the issue. today I replace the 2 rotors with Brambo which is 5.5K and the one side issue has gone (right side)

But the left side is still remain and checked this issue with a dial gauge . see the picture. the issue with now is the hub. I remember when I replace the hub razor, the way he separated the hub and racer was questionable . used hammer to remove the racor part which attached to hub. so it could be the issue with the warp rotor. will update the out come soon.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 11 months later...