• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Which Car To Go For Within 5.5M

autolankaist

You know what, that explains it. Super Diesel is killing Diesels :)

But that does not explain why in Sri Lanka, because in Europe we still get better mileage out of the same Diesel engines.

Maybe ceypetco aint adding necessary additve to regain lost lubrication?

The launching ceremony of Lanka Super Diesel Four Star will be held in Kurunegala today. The minister said that the existing Super Diesel has a sulphur content of 500 parts per million, while in the new product the Sulphur content is 10 PPM. Hence it pollutes the environment the least.

He said that they also hope to improve on the normal diesel with 2,500 PPM, by replacing it with a Diesel of 1,000 PPM Sulphur content.

"There will be no problem with the supply of this new product as it is commonly available in the Asian market. Though the quality of this product is very high, the price of Lanka Super Diesel Four Star is the same as Lanka Super Diesel ie. Rs. 145 per a litre," he added.

According to the minister, this new product has several benefits since the higher Octane number of this product helps to improve the performance of the engine and is fuel efficient.

"It also protects the components in the advanced emission systems. Abrasive practical contamination which is as low as 10 mg per kg is considered to be superior by any world standards. This new product also enhances the life span of the engines. As it is environmental friendly it reduces the emission of Toxic Fumes such as sulphur oxides of nitrogen and black smoke," he said.

- See more at: http://www.dailynews.lk/?q=local/lanka-super-diesel-four-star-enters-lankan-market-today#sthash.PStQUKwD.dpuf

Ceypetco 4 star contain only 10ppm of sulfur? I really hope they add necessary additives to that fuel :s

Edited by Jor-el

Lol, lasting 300,000KM in Japan does not mean it's going to last 300k here, Prados with the 1KD are requiring rebuilds by the 150k mark at best so yeah, the "Dope" Hiace will also likely be needing one by then. By new I mean the 1KD and similar common rail diesels whether they are Jap, Euro, Korean or whatever.

A 1KZ is very much an old tech motor and their durability is on a whole other level to the KD. My dad's '95 77 Series Land Cruiser (with a non EFI 1 KZ-T) has 380k on it as at date without ever being rebuilt and is only now feeling like it could do with one.

That's none of your concern and if its maintained properly it will last good as it does in Japan. Not everyone with a Prado maintains their vehicle to the standard it should be.

This has gone way off topic.

Thank you everyone for your valuable input and time.

Just to update I am still looking for a vehicle and I will probably end up with the Vezel. I know I might get some hate for this, but I test drove it and I think it suits my needs.

I need some advice though, since the Vezels are mostly brand new do I need to break in the engine ie drive it at lower RPMs/not maintain a fixed speed etc for the first 1000 KMs and then change the oil before I can start pushing it?

I heard that newer vehicles do not need this but some research suggests otherwise, therefore I need some advice from the experts.

Edited by autolankaist

That's none of your concern and if its maintained properly it will last good as it does in Japan. Not everyone with a Prado maintains their vehicle to the standard it should be.

Aww.. someone's gotten a little sensitive about the "Dope" Hiace! Sure man, keep telling yourself that and I'm SURE it will last 300k just like it does in Japan.

Just FYI, it's not just 1KD Prados that were run like donkey carts (Those tend to expire before 100k sometimes) 150K is what even the best maintained 1KD engined Prados manage before they need surgery.

But I'm Sure the "Dope" Hiace will last 300k...... :)

This has gone way off topic.

Just to update I am still looking for a vehicle and I will probably end up with the Vezel. I know I might get some hate for this, but I test drove it and I think it suits my needs.

I need some advice though, since the Vezels are mostly brand new do I need to break in the engine ie drive it at lower RPMs/not maintain a fixed speed etc for the first 1000 KMs and then change the oil before I can start pushing it?

I heard that newer vehicles do not need this but some research suggests otherwise, therefore I need some advice from the experts.

I never did anything u said.. Changed oil at 5000km... But I don't know the consequences.. Any brand new I owned were never treated like that..

Maybe ceypetco aint adding necessary additve to regain lost lubrication?

In many cases pre refined fuels are imported to SL as our refining facilities are not sufficient to meet demands.

Its a funny problem. High sulphur content cause havoc with high pressure fuel pumps and injectors hance why you are advised to run low sulphur fuel. But the older low pressure often mechanical fuel pumps and diesel engines seem to deal with them ok.

I wonder this too.

Also I most apologise for an eroneous statement I made above. Just because Diesels are revved less and lives at lower RPM doesn't mean it is directly propotional to wear within the combustion chamber. It does save some components, the ones which spin around like bearings, cam shafts and whatever is connected via belt to the crank pulley. But what I should have also considered is that Diesel engines often have a longer stroke, so they move down further, and while I can't give you an exact figure, at lower revs the wear on the combustion chamber could be as equal to or higher than a shorter stroke petrol engine.

Aww.. someone's gotten a little sensitive about the "Dope" Hiace! Sure man, keep telling yourself that and I'm SURE it will last 300k just like it does in Japan.

Just FYI, it's not just 1KD Prados that were run like donkey carts (Those tend to expire before 100k sometimes) 150K is what even the best maintained 1KD engined Prados manage before they need surgery.

But I'm Sure the "Dope" Hiace will last 300k...... :)

Someone here mentioned their SK with R2 engine lasted up to 250,000, so i'm sure Toyota's 1KD would last upto 300,000km. FYI i know couple of Hiace which were brought down here at around 150,000km and they doing fine.

Someone here mentioned their SK with R2 engine lasted up to 250,000, so i'm sure Toyota's 1KD would last upto 300,000km. FYI i know couple of Hiace which were brought down here at around 150,000km and they doing fine.

These Hiaces that you "Know of"... are they 1KD engined or do they have the 2KD? The 2KD seems to be holding up relatively well in service if it is taken care of but the 1KD is wearing out fast in SL conditions. So yeah, expecting even 200k out of it is being rather optimistic even according to guys who work on them regularly.

Lol, lasting 300,000KM in Japan does not mean it's going to last 300k here, Prados with the 1KD are requiring rebuilds by the 150k mark at best so yeah, the "Dope" Hiace will also likely be needing one by then. By new I mean the 1KD and similar common rail diesels whether they are Jap, Euro, Korean or whatever.

A 1KZ is very much an old tech motor and their durability is on a whole other level to the KD. My dad's '95 77 Series Land Cruiser (with a non EFI 1 KZ-T) has 380k on it as at date without ever being rebuilt and is only now feeling like it could do with one.

So if old tech would last longer what do you think about the

2007 monterosports 4d56(non CRDi) and the Center sparewheel GL montero's 4M40 (2.8 non CRDi)

Come on guys please get back on topic.