• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

121 , Vitz Or Swift

nishanthasanjeewa

Question

16 answers to this question

I don't think 121 is in your budget. They go around 2.4 to 2.6 these days. If you search hard you might find a J- number for about 2.2

vitz might be in your budget. But comparatively a bit old ones

There is no car such as 'shift' in the car world. You might have meant SWIFT. Ive heard many people pronounce it as shift and its quite embarrassing . Anyway swift jeep model is less than your budget (1.7- 1.8)

swift beatle falls within yours

• Like 1

I don't think 121 is in your budget. They go around 2.4 to 2.6 these days. If you search hard you might find a J- number for about 2.2

vitz might be in your budget. But comparatively a bit old ones

There is no car such as 'shift' in the car world. You might have meant SWIFT. Ive heard many people pronounce it as shift and its quite embarrassing . Anyway swift jeep model is less than your budget (1.7- 1.8)

swift beatle falls within yours

You meant Swift 1.3 and 1.5 by jeep model and "beatle" I guess.. Well thats how I know them.. is there a proper name to differentiate them? I mean like the names given by the company for the two models

Edited by sasika

Jeep model is the older model came around 2003 or 04. It had 1.3 engine.

the new model is known as beatle model which came with both 1.3 and 1.5

But Ive seen a two door jeep model which had a 1.5 engine. Hard to find.

Beatle model came from Japan as well as India. So better to avoid the Indian one though its cheaper.

Beatle model which came with 1.5 engine was the sports version

Edited by sathyajithj99

For a 121 you can probably only get a 1300cc budget.

Between the Swift 1300cc and Vitz 1000cc, well there isn't much to select from. The Swift is a better drive with more torque while the Vitz is probably better on fuel in city drives and has 8 air bags :)

121 is the most grossly overvalued car in SL. Some people have the nerve to post ad's asking for above 3Million for some really old specimens.

@OP - for around 2.3 you could get a vios

Edited by matroska

<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote'data-author="sathyajithj99" data-cid="274177" data-time="1426173208"><p>

Jeep model is the older model came around 2003 or 04. It had 1.3 engine.<br />

the new model is known as beatle model which came with both 1.3 and 1.5<br />

But Ive seen a two door jeep model which had a 1.5 engine. Hard to find.<br />

Beatle model came from Japan as well as India. So better to avoid the Indian one though its cheaper.<br />

Beatle model which came with 1.5 engine was the sports version</p></blockquote>

Ones with Vxi and Zxi badges are from India..

And were they known like that out of the factory? I don't think so. Is there a model name like civics and lancers have to differentiate? I think it's odd to name them beetle model and jeep model ;)

Edited by sasika

Ones with Vxi and Zxi badges are from India..

And were they known like that out of the factory? I don't think so. Is there a model name like civics and lancers have to differentiate? I think it's odd to name them beetle model and jeep model ;)

No men. Get this . Previous model is called the 'jeep model' because it has good ground clearance,good head room and looks like a jeep.

The new model is called the 'beatle' model because some think it looks like VW Beatle. They call Nissan March k12 the beatle model for the same reason.

Time to time people use names to mention some models like

JR face model to Mitsubishi Delica

Mahaththaya model to Montero

Palaathsabaha model to Pajero

That's a normal thing. Don't make a big deal out of it.

Have seen some with the IGNIS badge on them.. (y)

The "Ignis" was made for the europian market and the Swift for the Japanese market (JDM)

OT: The swift has been rebadged and re designed as the Cheverlet Cruze, Holden Cruze. Suzuki Swift. Suzuki Ignis and Subaru Justy for different markets (Countries and regions)

and being sri lanka we get most of them imported here (except the Holden and the subaru version)

• Like 1

The "Ignis" was made for the europian market and the Swift for the Japanese market (JDM)

OT: The swift has been rebadged and re designed as the Cheverlet Cruze, Holden Cruze. Suzuki Swift. Suzuki Ignis and Subaru Justy for different markets (Countries and regions)

and being sri lanka we get most of them imported here (except the Holden and the subaru version)

Thanks a lot man :)