• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Credit Card Fuel Overcharge Scam @ Col 7

mcs627

<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote'data-author="Crishan" data-cid="278563" data-time="1434290856"><p>

Very strange. I have been using the service of the station from 2009. Before that I can remember my father had to use the same vendor as the company he was employed in had a credit facility with them. <br />

<br />

I always get down and stay near the pump until the job is done. I only get into the car to sign the card sales slip. <br />

<br />

Edit: Strangely the person who faced the problem and created the thread has not replied since 24th May.</p></blockquote>

@Crishan = The thread was to create awareness and intended for the benefit of others who could get duped as I was unless they are vigilant. Further posts by me were unnecessary until now as the contents of my post were self explanatory. Life goes on and one lives to learn and learns to live and I'm indeed still learning. It's better to learn from the mistakes of another than one's own and hence the post was for the benefit of the unsuspecting who will become alert to the game as a result of this post from the victim of the scam sharing his experience. The significance of the contents posted kept the thread alive over the last 3 weeks without any further effort by me as you have very correctly observed FYI.

Edited by mcs627

@ crossword = I think I have clearly mentioned the following in my post ="This is just a warning to anybody who patronises this joint". The above comment is unfair. Did I go on a rant besides share my initial unpleasant experience ? I think being public spirited is not appreciated and I was naive in that context when I originated the thread. Getting duped appears to be trivial compared to being run down for trying to create awareness. C'est la vie. FYI I consider it beneath my dignity to get involved in a war of words on the statement about derriere ravishing and I shall remain silent henceforth regardless of the contents of any reply~provocative or otherwise.

My only comment for this whole matter is - stand up for yourself first. then create awareness.

Well... u know some guys... they get ass raped but they cant stand up for themselves, so they go on a rant on face book and on the internet... they are known as the millennial generation...

On a different note, the ceypetco shed at battaramulla (next to arpico) is a place i would recommend. They use portable credit card machines and they make it a point to bring the machine to you, while you are at the pump and swipe it then and there.

That's where I usually fill up my tank for the last 16 years.

@Crishan = The thread was to create awareness and intended for the benefit of others who could get duped as I was unless they are vigilant. Further posts by me were unnecessary until now as the contents of my post were self explanatory. Life goes on and one lives to learn and learns to live and I'm indeed still learning. It's better to learn from the mistakes of another than one's own and hence the post was for the benefit of the unsuspecting who will become alert to the game as a result of this post from the victim of the scam sharing his experience. The significance of the contents posted kept the thread alive over the last 3 weeks without any further effort by me as you have very correctly observed FYI.

So you are one of those guys who needs to make so many mistakes to learn?

My 2 cents for you is, once felt fishy, never pay a visit. That's what I did. Upto now I have never faced an incident of over charging, but have noticed less fuel pumped in different fuel stations. So I always stick to one.

Edited by Crishan

I know I might also get bashed for what I’m posting here. But, seriously guys.. Seems like the OP just wanted to share an unpleasant experience he had and just wanted to make sure that another person doesn’t get in the same mess. It doesn’t necessarily mean that he would go on repeating the same mistake again and again. Probably doing the job of a good citizen by alerting the community. Only wrongdoing he has done here as I see is opening a new thread for this while we had previous threads on the same topic. Just give him a break guys. Peace !!

• Like 2

I know I might also get bashed for what I’m posting here. But, seriously guys.. Seems like the OP just wanted to share an unpleasant experience he had and just wanted to make sure that another person doesn’t get in the same mess. It doesn’t necessarily mean that he would go on repeating the same mistake again and again. Probably doing the job of a good citizen by alerting the community. Only wrongdoing he has done here as I see is opening a new thread for this while we had previous threads on the same topic. Just give him a break guys. Peace !!

If you read OP's first statement properly, you would notice that it happened TWICE (first to him and then to his wife)... and the guy was planning to go there for the third time, just to video it.

What Crishan is trying to say is, first time if you notice something fishy, don't go there again (or send your wife there)... don't be a sucker for punishment.

What I am trying to say is, when someone cheats you, STAND UP for yourself. Don't run away from there with the tail between your legs. Creating awareness is very good and we all commend OP for letting us know but stand up for yourself.

FYI, a similar incident happened to me once in Dammika's shed in Kalubowila, which I resolved then and there with some loud voices. No matter how hard they shout at you, you can get your way if you know what you are talking.

and finally when someone makes a post like this in Autolanka, people naturally come up with questions. OP made his first post on 23rd May and he didn't come back until 16th June to answer the questions raised by forum members. Even after coming back, HE DIDN'T ANSWER THOSE!

Edited by Crosswind

This is an extreme example but:

In the good old days, in a village, if you go and harass a girl, the villagers will catch you, tie you to a tree and beat the shit out of you. Even the police once they arrive will beat the guy even more. Needless to say such cases were rare, and people were confident enough to leave their front doors open knowing their neighbours were looking out for them.

The situation these days is rather different. This happens a lot in public transport etc but people turn a blind eye, and walk away. 7

The moral of the about is this. You will keep getting scammed if you allow yourself to be scammed, and do not stand up for yourself when you realise it. Turning a blind eye and avoiding the place does not solve the problem. They lose one customers but hundreds of others are scammed still.

Personally I would have protested then and there, and had a discussion with the owner and threatened to report the attendants to the police.

Thanks for creating exposure, but we do need more guys standing up to these crooks. Then they will think twice about pulling a stunt on people.

I now get out of the car and stare at the petrol pump while these guys pump whatever the station. I pump by cash value, not by volume anyway.

I read this thread 3 days after buying the car... Ever since I read it, I pumped fuel twice to the car and in both occasions I stood up at the meter even though i pumped in cash value... Even the best places can be exposed to corruption, once one or two new corrupted dudes sneak in...

• Like 1