• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Ek3 Rear Brake

sira

• 5 months later...

Guys

I'm still having this issue and did not get any clue from members.

when the car is cold and apply breaks , i feel that rear wheels get more strong breakes than front. they get stopped instalntly. but after driving 2, 5 min time it will go away, what could be the issue?

long ago i replaced the proportionate valve due to un balance brake with re-con one,

can some one help me on this please?

sira

Sira,

This is purely based on my experience only. So that others might have different experience and opinions which is perfectly ok.

I have used FBK for a while and noticed they deprecate more quickly. The front brake pads tends to spray dust all over the alloy wheels too. This was not the case in good old days where they were manufactured in Japan.

Then I replaced them with FBL (Fuji Brake Liners - Japan) which is far better than FBK and lasted about 30K with no issues

On last week I went to purchase Brake shoes and pads from Teck Motors and they told me that now they are importing Nisshinbo brake pads since they got complaints for FBL are also getting inferior.

However I bought NIsshinbo brake pads only since they couldn't find the brake shoes according to the part number since I didn't have the removed parts with me to compare.

There is a place called "Gamage Brake Liners" at Panadura (Nalluruwa) where they paste brake shoes and pads. So I decided to do that for the brake shoes since I didn't have time to visit Teck Motors again after disassembling the car. The front brake pads of my father's van also being pasted by this place about three years ago and still its being used with no issues. To my surprise, the pads and the shoes being pasted by this place is in extreme high quality and I feel a major difference in braking. Its being only a week replacing the shoes by pasting so I cannot comment on its durability yet.

However, if you are deciding to replace the brake shoes, give it a try to paste. it costed me 1600 LKR only for all 4 shoes and takes 1.5 hours for the pasting job.

In the mean while go to http://jp-carparts.com web site and note down the part number of your brake shoe and buy a good quality nisshinbo in case the pasting didn't last long.

Please note that I replaced the original brake shoes came with the vehicle when it was manufactured in 1999. After 16 years and 151000 kms it became eligible to replace. Nothing last long and genuine Honda brake shoe and none of the after market Japanese shoes lasts that long :)

Edited by Amila_Silva

• 3 months later...

My existing breakpad's number is JB NF92FF.its a EK3 96 1.5Ltr Auto. I need to find a good quality pad from local market.

What would be the part number?

Can anyone recommend any good brands?

the best you can do is Genuine Honda pads. there are some people who sell them locally . let me know if you need the number

Sira.. Being the OP, Why not update the thread with the solution to your issue. :)

• 6 months later...

Hi Guys

Manged to fix this issue, it was rusted Caliper pistons. in 2012 i changed them in to RBI brand as the existing pistons are got rust. how ever it was last only 2 years. when i check break pads 2 weeks ago i did inspect the pistons by moving the caliper dust cover. it was badly coroded   and when i remove the piston from caliper body, they were badly coroted. Luckly i mnaged to buy 2 piscons from agents for a 4 K (each) and  re-build them. now all issues gone

thank you all

sira

• Like 1