• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Hybrids Service (Oil Change)

Galle

Question

I’m having an Axio hybrid (2014). Agent recommend to do a service at every 5000 KM.

as vehicle run on EV mode as well (in EV mode, engine is not running), mileage include this as well.

Can’t we used the engine oil more than 5000 KM ?

Appreciate your comments.

Spray diesel, and use hose to wash off. Then use compressor.

Never ever do this. Once I faced to a big trouble doing this.

As Rumesh88 said. just use the air flow. Having some dust in the engine bay is not a big issue.

Never ever do this. Once I faced to a big trouble doing this.

As Rumesh88 said. just use the air flow. Having some dust in the engine bay is not a big issue.

Really...., Thanks for the info.

Could you share the issue with us, then we all can learn something from your expirience.

Is it ok washing hybrid engine with low pressure water after applying degreaser?

It is not advisable to use high pressure or running water to clean the engine regularly. As for me I wash the engine bay only once during my ownership of a vehicle (usually I keep a car for 5 years) . That is when I sell a car. Always there is a risk whenever you wash an engine, regardless of whether it a Hybrid or a normal car. I do not think one can give you the assurance that a particular method is risk free.

I just wipe out the engine with a damp cloth. Naturally that wont reach the bottom of the engine block. For that every few years i use a high pressure washer (particularly to wash the bottom of the block ne ?). Apart from that the bottom gets moderately cleaned up when I wash the under carriage with a high pressure washer.

Ok. this is happened when I was planning to sell my car. to make a better first impression I went for an engine wash. that joint also a big one. guy used some chemical (smelled like kerosene), high pressured water and compressed air. at the beginning I strictly asked him to be careful with the wiring, fuses, plug cables etc. but at the end he was able to pull a plug wire :wild:

I noticed that when I'm heading back because of the engine miss. then a bugger at a local garage screwed another wire when fixing the loosen one and cost me few thousand bucks.

Im glad problem stopped at that point.

Having some dust and dirt in the engine bay is not a big issue.