• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Nissan Sunny B13 A/c Compressor Issue

CarManiac

Question

Hello everyone, :)

I would like to get an expert's view on the following issue.

The car is a Nissan Sunny E-B13(1993)
Up to the point, the A/C was working properly but now it has got a problem.

When I checked it, I could see that the compressor clutch is not engaged when the A/C is switched on and my guess is that it might be an issue in the electrical circuit of the system. How could I find the problem exactly, and if it's an electrical issue, what are the things that have to be checked(Relays/Fuses-according to this car model)?

Any of your assistance is highly appreciated.
Regards.!

Edited by CarManiac

5 answers to this question

Although an electrical fault might be the reason here, it's quite possible the compressor doesn't engage due to the low refrigerant level in the system. In fact, this is the most common reason.

You can of course check all the relays and fuses related to the AC, but that's about it. Take your car to a good AC workshop and check the refrigerant pressure. If it has dropped, there should be a leak in the system.

Edited by Davy
  • Like 3

Thanks for your responses Davy and NRX :)
I just resolved the problem and it wasn't a refrigerant leak but an electrical issue.

I could find the A/C fuse blown. It was a 10A and was replaced once and was blown again. Then the A/C relay was checked and it was OK. Then the A/C technician checked out the compressor clutch coil. The clutch coil was found to be short circuited and that was the reason. The coil was replaced and the problem was solved.

• Like 1

Thanks for your responses Davy and NRX :)

I just resolved the problem and it wasn't a refrigerant leak but an electrical issue.

I could find the A/C fuse blown. It was a 10A and was replaced once and was blown again. Then the A/C relay was checked and it was OK. Then the A/C technician checked out the compressor clutch coil. The clutch coil was found to be short circuited and that was the reason. The coil was replaced and the problem was solved.

Glad you got the issue sorted. And thanks for reporting back. :)