• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Mitsubishi Lancer Cs1 2003 Gl Central Locking

shaba

Question

Hi

I recently bought a Lancer CS1 2003 GL car. Since it's a basic car, it doesn't have central lock. So can I install a CL system? One tech person said it's impossible due to having cable locking. So this is confused. Can anyone give me an advice to solve this issue.

Thanks

Shashi

5 answers to this question

On ‎4‎/‎9‎/‎2016 at 0:44 PM, Davy said:

Whoever told you that the CS comes with a "cable" system is wrong. It has a regular locking system that uses metal rods and hinges. The power window system however is operated by a cable system.

You have two options:

1. Go for an aftermarket central locking system

Cheaper. You'll have to purchase 4 actuators and have them wired up manually. I believe places like Sun Lanka does this.

2. Get 4 used doors off a GLX

Much much expensive. As a plus, you will get power windows as well. :) You can sell your current doors after the conversion.

If you're going for the second option, trinity is the man you need to contact. He got it done on his CS1.

SL said, it's difficult to do and it'll reduce the durability of door locks. However I completed CL system installation by different company. Now the thing is, it getting locked automatically. So can I get any advice ? from you? Thanks a lot ?.

Shashi

Whoever told you that the CS comes with a "cable" system is wrong. It has a regular locking system that uses metal rods and hinges. The power window system however is operated by a cable system.

You have two options:

1. Go for an aftermarket central locking system

Cheaper. You'll have to purchase 4 actuators and have them wired up manually. I believe places like Sun Lanka does this.

2. Get 4 used doors off a GLX

Much much expensive. As a plus, you will get power windows as well. :) You can sell your current doors after the conversion.

If you're going for the second option, trinity is the man you need to contact. He got it done on his CS1.

• Like 1

My car had central locking with the manual winder doors. It had been done by sun lanka. Any place who does car security should be able to do it.

As for swapping the doors. It's way expensive and at this juncture if you are just looking for a remote locking mechanism and happy with the winder doors, I suggest you to just get a locking system installed at a place like sun lanka.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, shaba said:

SL said, it's difficult to do and it'll reduce the durability of door locks. However I completed CL system installation by different company. Now the thing is, it getting locked automatically. So can I get any advice ? from you? Thanks a lot ?.

Shashi

If you mean that it locks the doors automatically after a certain time, then I'm sure that is a setting that can be turned off or changed. Take the car to the place that did the installation. 

• Like 1